About the MB Quart MBQ-POD
Speakers and pods designed for your RZR
Speakers and pods designed for your RZR
Want better sound in your 2014-up Polaris RZR? These custom-molded speaker enclosures from MB Quart fit right into your RZR's lower dash and hold a pair of powerful 8" speakers. Bolt-in installation means no cutting and no hassles.
Outstanding sound and all-weather reliability
Your RZR is made to perform and so are these weather-resistant NH1-120B 8" speakers. The compression horn tweeters create brilliant highs that you can hear over the roar of the outdoors, while the rugged poly cones handle everything else with MB Quart's usual depth and clarity. The unique wave guides direct the high frequencies for better dispersion.
Installation Note: Before installing the speakers in the pods, you'll need to remove the back plate from each speaker and place the included cover over the exposed compression horn diaphragm.
- custom-fit Polaris RZR speaker pods with MB Quart NH1-120B speakers (pair)
- easy, plug-and-play installation in your RZR
- designed to fit in the right and left kick panels
- black textured finish matches the stock interior
- weight: 7.8 pounds
- dimensions: 22-5/8"W x 13-1/2"H x 16-3/4"D
NH1-120B speaker specs:
- 8" speakers made for off-roading (pair)
- 1" titanium compression horn tweeters
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- rubber surround
- impedance: 4 ohms
- power handling: up to 90 watts RMS (180 watts peak)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQ-POD
What's in the box:
- This package includes two individually boxed items along with parts in the main box:
- Main Box:
- 2 Compression diaphragm covers
- Installation instructions
- RZR-POD8 Speaker Pods:
- 2 Speaker pods (each w/ installed 21" speaker wire)
- Four 1" hex-head bolts
- 8 Flat-washers
- 4 Nylock nuts
- Eight 1-1/8" screws
- NH1-120B 8" Compression Drivers:
- 2 Speakers w/ attached grilles
- Speaker installation guide
More details on the MB Quart MBQ-POD
Overview: The MBQ-POD speaker system includes two NH1-120B 8" compression horn drivers and a pair of RZR-POD8 speaker pods, designed to mount in the kick-panel area on 2014-up Polaris RZRs
NH1-120B: MB Quart 8" compression horn drivers:
- Woofer: The low-frequency driver consists of an 8" composite polypropylene cone with a temperature-stable Butyl rubber surround all mounted in a lightweight composite ABS and glass fiber frame. The driver also features a voice-coil made from high temperature copper, wound on a Kapton former, allowing the voice-coil to handle more power while remaining lightweight. A woven fiber composite spider help stabilize the cone and voice-coil.
- Compression Horn: The 8" drivers feature a coincident mounted compression horn, improving overall volume by as much as +5dB over conventional speakers. A Wavelength Transparent Acoustic Lens improves midrange frequencies through the cone.
- Dome Tweeter: The NH1-120B speakers include a 1" dome tweeter with a pure titanium compression diaphragm, producing a smooth musical response with high output while requiring minimal amplifier power.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NH1-120B drivers carry an IPX67 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 90 watts RMS (180 peak). They have a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-10dB) and a sensitivity of 92dB.
RZR-POD8: The MBQ-POD speaker system includes two RZR-POD8 kick-panel speaker pods for mounting the NH1-120B speakers into. These durable, weatherproof ABS enclosures are custom designed to be installed in the kick-panel area while taking up as little foot and leg room as possible. Each speaker pod includes a 21" section of speaker wire pre-run through the enclosures.
Note: Installation of the NH1-120B speakers into the RZR-POD8s requires removing and replacing the back plate of each compression horn speaker. Two replacement Compression Horn Diaphragm covers are included and will need to be installed, providing a shallower mounting depth for the drivers to fit into the speaker pods.