About the MB Quart MBQ-STG2-RAD
Great sound made simple
Great sound made simple
MB Quart's Stage 2 audio system is a hassle-free way to crank up the sound on your RZR. Designed to fit select 2014-up Polaris RZR models, the system includes a marine receiver and dash kit, a pair of 8" speakers, custom speaker pods, a compact Class D amplifier, and all the hardware you'll need for a hassle-free installation.
An Apple-ready receiver
MB Quart's GMR-3 marine digital media receiver packs a ton of features into a compact design that's made for the outdoors. And it fits into a custom dash kit that's made for your RZR.
You can tune in to AM/FM radio, of course, but the really big deal is built-in Bluetooth® that lets you stream music from your smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled device. The GMR-3 is Apple-ready too, so you can access the iTunes collection on your iPhone®, iPod®, or iPad®. You can also use the rear aux input for your music player, or plug a thumb drive into the rear USB port to enjoy your favorite music.
Big, brawny 8" speakers
The custom-molded front speaker pods fit right into your RZR and hold a pair of powerful, outdoor-ready MB Quart NH1-120B 8" compression horn speakers. The 1" titanium dome tweeters give you brilliant highs you'll hear over the roar of the outdoors, while the rugged poly cones handle everything else with MB Quart's usual depth and clarity. The pods are custom-designed for your RZR, and bolt-in installation means no cutting and no hassles.
A compact, rugged amp
MB Quart's NA2-400.2 amplifier packs a lot of power into a small package that's perfect for powersports applications. This rugged Class D amp delivers 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms, so your speakers will get the juice they need.
- custom-fit audio system includes marine receiver, two 8" speakers, two custom speaker pods, 2-channel amplifier
- also includes dash kit, wiring, and mounting hardware
- easy installation in your RZR
- black textured pod finishes match the stock interior
GMR-3 marine receiver specs
- AM/FM marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in amp (20 watts x 4 RMS/40 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- USB port works with Apple® smartphones
- warranty: 1 year
NH1-120B speaker specs:
- 8" compression horn speakers made for off-roading (pair)
- 1" titanium dome tweeters
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- rubber surround
- impedance: 4 ohms
- power handling: up to 90 watts RMS (180 watts peak)
- warranty: 1 year
NA2-400.2 amplifier specs
- Class D 2-channel amp
- made for powersports and marine use
- 100 watts x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQ-STG2-RAD
What's in the box:
- This package includes five individually boxed items along with parts in the main box and installation instructions:
- Main Box:
- Head unit installation bracket
- Switch cover-plate
- Switch cover-plate gasket
- Amplifier mounting plate
- Eight 1/2" screws
- 8 Flat-washers
- 8 Nylock nuts
- 2 Compression diaphragm covers
- PSAP-2 USB/3.5mm input port (attached 9.5' USB type-A and stereo RCA cables)
- RZR-RDAH Wiring Kit:
- 36" Main power/ground harness (inline 50A Maxi fuse)
- 110" Left rear speaker 4-wire harness
- 110" Right rear speaker 4-wire harness
- 79" Y-harness for front speakers
- 33" 4-Seat extension harness
- Two 26" stereo RCA cables (male plugs on both ends)
- Two 5" LED jumper harnesses
- Ten 7" wire-ties
- RZR-POD8 Speaker Pods:
- 2 Speaker pods (each w/ installed 21" speaker wire)
- Four 1" hex-head bolts
- 8 Flat-washers
- 4 Nylock nuts
- Eight 1-1/8" screws
- GMR-3 AM/FM Bluetooth Controller:
- Controller (installed 10" wiring bundle)
- 12" 12-Pin wiring harness
- Two 1-1/4" bolts
- 2 Lock-washers
- 2 Nuts
- Controller operation guide
- NA2-400.2 Amplifier Kit:
- Amplifier (attached 7" 3-pin & 4-pin harnesses)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" 4-Pin speaker harness
- Four 1-1/8" screws
- Installation guide
- NH1-120B 8" Compression Drivers:
- 2 Speakers w/ attached grilles
- Speaker installation guide
More details on the MB Quart MBQ-STG2-RAD
Overview: MB Quart has partnered with Polaris to engineer a select group of UTV-tuned audio systems designed to integrate seamlessly into select Polaris RZR UTVs. The MB Quart STG2-RAD 400 watt system includes the GMR-3 AM/FM Bluetooth controller with Apple control, the NA2-400.2 two channel amplifier (2 x 200 @ 2Ω / 2 x 100 @4Ω), and a pair of 8" compression horn drivers with custom-molded mounting pods designed specifically for the RZR. The system also includes all mounting hardware along with pre-configured wire harnesses for integrating each component.
Compatibility: The MB Quart STG2-RAD system is compatible with the following model Polaris RZRs:
|Vehicle Model||Compatible Year Range|
|RZR XP/XP4 1000||2013 - 2018|
|RZR XP/XP4 Turbo||2013 - 2018|
|RZR Turbo S/TurboS4||N/A|
|RZR 900/900S/1000S||2014 - 2019|
|RZR S4 900||2014 - 2018|
|RZR S4 1000||2019|
GMR-3: The STG2-RAD system includes a GMR-3 in-dash controller that's been designed specifically for powersports applications. The heavy-duty splash proof front panel includes oversized, illuminated, rubber buttons that resist moisture and dirt while allowing easy use with gloves on. The in-dash controller includes a built-in 4 x 40 watts RMS amplifier with both front/rear speaker wire and RCA pre-outs (4V each). Controller features include:
- Time Format: The integrated Clock feature can be set for either 12hr. or 24hr. time.
- Fade/Balance Controls
- Audio Adjustments:
- Bass/Treble: Both of these tone controls have a level range from -7 to +7, with the default setting at 0.
- Loud: The Loudness feature can be toggled On or Off.
- EQ: The STG2-RAD includes 4 preset sound modes along with an Off setting. Presets include: Flat, Classic, Pop, and Rock.
- AM/FM Tuner: The STG2-RAD can tune in FM or AM signals with the
option for either USA or European tuning. A Band button allows switching
between AM and FM while Up/Down arrow buttons can be used to automatically
Seek stations up or down the band. The tuner has an FM frequency range of
87.5MHz - 108MHz.
- Note: An AM/FM antenna is not included with the sound system.
- USB/Apple Control: The in-dash controller features a rear panel USB (type-A, 2.0) port that can be used to playback MP3 or WMA files from a connected USB flash drive or from an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. Controls include Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track, and Fast-Forward/Rewind.
- Aux In: A pair of rear-panel RCA jacks is provided for running analog audio signals in from a playback device. The included PSAP-2 dual accessory port allows both the USB and Aux Input jacks to be brought to the front dash for easy access. It features both USB and RCA ends, that plug in at the back of the radio, with a USB and 3.5mm audio jack on the other end that can be mounted on a dash or console.
- Bluetooth: The STG2-RAD features built-in Bluetooth technology that allows you to stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone or tablet. A simple secure pairing method lets you search and select "MB Quart" from your mobile device. A default PIN code of "0000" may be entered if required. After initial pairing, the STG2-RAD will automatically connect to your device when Bluetooth is selected and the device is in range. Bluetooth range is approximately 33ft.
- Mounting: The STG2-RAD system includes a mounting bracket for
installing the tuner/controller into the dash of your compatible RZR. An
included U-bracket gets bolted to the rear of the tuner/controller allowing
the assembly to slide into the kit opening and lock into place. The
installation kit also includes a switch opening, for re-locating the
lighting toggle-switch if applicable, and a blank cover-plate if not needed.
- Cutout Diameter: 2.98"
- Mounting Depth: 4.0"
- Face Diameter: 4.13"
- Face Thickness: 0.88"
- Wiring: All wiring for the GMR-3 tuner/controller exits the rear panel through a sealed non-removable rubber boot. Power, ground, remote, and speaker wires terminate into a 12-pin Molex plug that has a matching harness with 12" bare-ended wires.
|Red/White RCA (Black cable)||Front Pre-outs|
|Red/White RCA (Brown cable)||Rear Pre-outs|
|Red/White RCA (White cable)||Aux Input|
|Red (Inline 1A fuse)||+12V Accessory|
|Yellow (Inline 10A fuse)||+12V Battery|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front -|
|Green||Left Rear +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear -|
|Violet||Right Rear +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear -|
|(2) Female 8-Pin DIN Sockets||For Optional Wired Remotes|
|Female Antenna Socket||Antenna Input (antenna not supplied)|
|Female USB (Type-A)||Media Input|
PSAP-2: The STG2-RAD includes a PSAP-2 dual accessory adapter. The accessory adapter features a USB (type-A) port and a 3.5mm stereo mini jack with 9.5' of cabling that gets plugged into the tuner/controller's rear-panel USB and Aux In RCA ports, allowing easy access to both inputs. The accessory adapter requires drilling a 1" mounting hole with approximately 2" of mounting depth. A rubber gasket provides a tight seal against the dash and a removable rubber cover helps keep moisture and dirt out of the connector ports when not in use.
NH1-120B/RZR-POD8: The STG2-RAD includes two NH1-120B 8" compression horn drivers designed for use in your Polaris RZR. Combined with the the included RZR-POD8 speaker pods, the 8" compression horn drivers get mounted in the kick panel area, taking up as little leg room as possible.
- Woofer: The low-frequency driver consists of an 8" composite polypropylene cone with a temperature-stable Butyl rubber surround all mounted in a lightweight composite ABS and glass fiber frame. The driver also features a voice-coil made from high temperature copper, wound on a Kapton former, allowing the voice-coil to handle more power while remaining lightweight. A woven fiber composite spider help stabilize the cone and voice-coil.
- Compression Horn: The 8" drivers feature a coincident mounted compression horn, improving overall volume by as much as +5dB over conventional speakers. A Wavelength Transparent Acoustic Lens improves midrange frequencies through the cone.
- Dome Tweeter: The NH1-120B speakers include a 1" dome tweeter with a pure titanium compression diaphragm, producing a smooth musical response with high output while requiring minimal amplifier power.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NH1-120B drivers carry an IPX67 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 90 watts RMS (180 peak). They have a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-10dB) and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- RZR-POD8: The STG2-RAD audio system includes two RZR-POD8
kick-panel speaker pods. These durable, weatherproof ABS enclosures are
custom designed to mount in the kick-panel area while taking up as little
foot and leg room as possible. Each speaker pod includes a 21" section of
speaker wire pre-run through the enclosures.
Note: Installation of the NH1-120B speakers into the RZR-POD8s requires removing and replacing the back plate of each compression horn speaker. Two replacement Compression Horn Diaphragm covers are included and will need to be installed, providing a shallower mounting depth for the drivers to fit into the speaker pods.
NA2-400.2 Amplifier: The STG2-RAD sound system includes an NA2-400.2 two-channel amplifier for driving the compression horn drivers. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp in the front steering column area of your compatible Polaris RZR. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 7" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 7" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- X-Over: A 3-position slide-switch allows selection of either HP, LP, or Off. The HP and LP options include their own crossover dial with the High-pass filter allowing adjustment from 15Hz - 300Hz and the Low-pass filter adjustment ranging from 50Hz - 300Hz.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V - 0.2V.
Wiring: The STG2-RAD sound system includes pre-configured harnesses designed to make installation much easier. Wiring is provided for running power and ground to the battery as well as signal leads from the tuner/controller to the amplifier and speaker wires from the amp to the speaker pods.