About the MB Quart MBQ-UNI8-1
Bigger, better sound for your UTV
Bigger, better sound for your UTV
This Bluetooth audio system from MB Quart will take your UTV's sound from so-so to super in just a few easy steps. The system includes two 8" rear tower speakers in enclosures, a compact 2-channel amplifier, a dash-mount Bluetooth remote, and all the hardware you'll need for a hassle-free installation. It fits almost any UTV on the market, so if you're looking for great sound, this is a great solution.
Speakers and pods
The rugged, outdoor-ready speaker enclosures can be installed on almost any UTV cage and hold a pair of powerful, outdoor-ready MB Quart NHT1-120B 8” speakers. The 1" compression horn tweeters create brilliant highs that you can hear over the roar of the outdoors, while the rugged poly cones handle everything else with MB Quart's usual depth and clarity.
A compact amp
MB Quart's NA2-400.2 amplifier packs a lot of power into a small package that's perfect for powersports applications. This rugged Class D amp delivers 100 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms, so your speakers will get the juice they need.
The Bluetooth joystick-style remote fits into any unoccupied switch panel on your UTVs dash, and it's designed for easy operation, even when you're wearing gloves.
- universal-fit package with 8" tower speakers (pair), 2-channel amplifier, dash-mount Bluetooth remote, and installation hardware
- easy installation in almost any UTV on the market
NHT1-120B speaker specs:
- 8" tower speakers made for off-roading (pair)
- IPX67-rated for water resistance
- swivel brackets included
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- 1" dome tweeter
- rubber surround
- impedance: 4 ohms
- power handling: up to 90 watts RMS (180 watts peak)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- IPX67 water resistance
- dimensions: 11.2" x 8.4" x 8.4" (hang height: 9.035")
- weight: 8.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
NA2-400.2 amplifier specs:
- 2-channel Class D amplifier for powersports and marine applications
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- low-pass crossover
- bass boost: 0-12 dB at 45 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQ-UNI8-1
What's in the box:
- This audio system contains 5 individual packages inside the main box:
- NHT1-120BPR Speakers:
- 2 Loaded speaker enclosures (w/ attached mounting clamp base and 7" bare-ended speaker wire)
- 2 "A" Clamps
- 10 Sets of rubber Clamp-bushings (sizes: 1.5"/1.625"/1.75"/1.875"/2"/2.125"/2.25"/2.375"/2.5"/2.625")
- 4 Crimp connectors
- Bushing legend (cardboard)
- Installation guide
- NA2-400.2 Amplifier Kit:
- Amplifier (attached 7" 3-pin & 4-pin harnesses)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" 4-Pin speaker harness
- Four 1-1/8" screws
- N2-WBT Bluetooth Controller:
- Joystick controller w/ attached 35" power/ground wires (inline 2A mini fuse) and 10" female RCA jacks
- PS-AMPKIT Wiring Kit:
- 10' Power cable (10AWG w/ inline 25A ATC fuse)
- 10' Ground cable (10AWG)
- 5' Remote wire (18AWG)
- 5' RCA patch cord
- 30' Speaker wire (14AWG)
- Eight 8" wire-ties
- Eight 18AWG crimp connectors
- Two 10AWG crimp connectors
- 1 Rubber grommet
- Padded Envelope:
- 2 SWVL-1B Swivel-mounts (each with eight 3/4" screws)
- 2 Compression horn back-plates
- System installation instructions
- Compression horn instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MB Quart MBQ-UNI8-1
Overview: The MB Quart UNI8-1 speaker system includes two 8" 2-way wake tower speaker enclosures, a 2 x 200W (peak power) amplifier, and an N2-WBT Bluetooth controller with auxiliary input, all designed to universally mount on most wake towers or UTV/powersports vehicles.
NHT1-120BPR: MB Quart 8" compression horn drivers:
- Woofer: The low-frequency driver consists of an 8" composite polypropylene cone with a temperature-stable Butyl rubber surround all mounted in a lightweight composite ABS and glass fiber frame. The driver also features a voice-coil made from high temperature copper, wound on a Kapton former, allowing the voice-coil to handle more power while remaining lightweight. A woven fiber composite spider help stabilize the cone and voice-coil.
- Compression Horn: The 8" drivers feature a coincident mounted compression horn, improving overall volume by as much as +5dB over conventional speakers. A Wavelength Transparent Acoustic Lens improves midrange frequencies through the cone.
- Dome Tweeter: The NHT1-120BPR speakers include a 1" dome tweeter with a pure titanium compression diaphragm, producing a smooth musical response with high output while requiring minimal amplifier power.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NHT1-120BPR drivers carry an IPX67 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 90 watts RMS (180 peak). They have a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-10dB) and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- Speaker Wiring: Each speaker enclosure includes a 7" pigtail of
bare-ended speaker wire extending from the mounting base of the enclosure:
- Black/White: Speaker positive (+)
- Black: Speaker negative (-)
- Compression Horn Diaphragm Covers: Two replacement Compression Horn Diaphragm covers are included if mounting the 8" compression horns in shallower enclosures. These replace the existing back plates, providing a shallower mounting depth. The replacement covers are not necessary if using the provided enclosures.
N2-WBT Bluetooth Controller: The UNI8-1 speaker system includes a dash-mountable Bluetooth controller, letting you stream music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or playback device (hands-free phone calls are not supported). A single backlit rotary/joystick control lets you adjust the signal volume (BT only) as well as change tracks, both forward and backwards. The Bluetooth controller also features a 3.5mm auxiliary input jack for audio playback from a portable player or device. If a 3.5mm plug is inserted into the jack, the unit will automatically switch from Bluetooth to Aux mode. When in Aux mode, the volume is controlled by the playback device, not the Bluetooth controller. The Bluetooth controller is designed to easily mount in standard size dash-switch openings.
NA2-400.2 Amplifier: The MBQ UNI8-1 sound system includes an NA2-400.2 two-channel amplifier for driving the two wake tower speaker enclosures. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100W RMS @4Ω (2 x 200W peak) and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 7" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 7" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- X-Over: A 3-position slide-switch allows selection of either HP, LP, or Off. The HP and LP options include their own crossover dial with the High-pass filter allowing adjustment from 15Hz - 300Hz and the Low-pass filter adjustment ranging from 50Hz - 300Hz.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V - 0.2V.
Mounting: The UNI8-1 speaker system includes mounting hardware for installing the speaker enclosures on a wide range of wake towers and UTV roll-cages. Each enclosure includes a pre-installed upper mounting clamp along with lower clamp sections for easy mounting of the speaker enclosures. These, along with 10 sets of various sized rubber bushings allow the speaker enclosures to be mounted on round tubing (oval tubing and flat surfaces not supported). Sizes include: 1.5", 1.625", 1.75", 1.875", 2", 2.125", 2.25", 2.375", 2.5", 2.625", and 2.75". Optional swivel-mounts are included that can be installed on the enclosures, allowing the speakers to be swiveled up to 180˚ in both directions.
Wiring: The MB Quart speaker system includes all wiring necessary for installation. Parts include 10' sections of 10AWG power and ground wire, along with patch cables, remote turn-on wire, 30' of speaker wire, wire-ties, and crimp connectors.