About the MB Quart MBQR-POD-2
Speakers and kick pods designed for your RZR
Speakers and kick pods designed for your RZR
Want better sound in your 2014-up Polaris RZR? These custom-molded kick pod enclosures from MB Quart fit right in and hold a pair of powerful 8" compression horn speakers. The bolt-in pods are designed for your RZR, so installation is easier that you'd think. This kit also includes a powerful 2-channel amplifier.
Outstanding sound and all-weather reliability
Your RZR is made to perform and so are these weather-resistant 8" NH1-120B speakers. The 1” titanium tweeters create brilliant highs that you can hear over the roar of the outdoors, while the rugged poly cones handle everything else with MB Quart's usual depth and clarity. These speakers are made for outdoor use, so moisture and sunlight won't spoil your sound.
A 2-channel amp with power to spare
MB Quart's NA2-400.2RC amplifier packs a lot of power into a small package that's perfect for powersports applications. This rugged Class D amp delivers 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms, so your speakers will get the juice they need.
- custom-fit Polaris RZR speaker pods with MB Quart NH1-120B speakers (pair), NA2-400.2RC amplifier, and mounting hardware
- includes speaker pods designed for bolt-in installation
- black textured pod finish matches the stock interior
- 8" speakers made for off-roading (pair)
- compression horn design for outstanding volume
- 1" titanium compression diaphram tweeters
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- Santoprene rubber surround
- power handling up to 90 watts RMS (180 watts peak)
- warranty: 1 year
NA2-400.2RC amplifier specs:
- 2-channel Class D amplifier for powersports and marine applications
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- low-pass crossover
- bass boost: 0-12 dB at 45 Hz
- dimensions: 3-11/16" X 5-1/2" X 1-3/4"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQR-POD-2
What's in the box:
- This package contains a main box with parts and an individually boxed amplifier:
- Main Box:
- 2 Speaker pods pre-loaded with NH1-120B 8" drivers (attached 11" wire harness)
- Four 18mm bolts
- Two 24mm T40 Torx screws
- 4 Flat-washers
- QR Code for installation instructions
- NA2-400.2RC Amplifier:
- 2-Channel amplifier w/ attached 8" power/ground and speaker output harnesses (terminated with Molex plugs)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" Speaker output harness
- Four 18mm screws
- Quickstart guide
MB Quart MBQR-POD-2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MB Quart MBQR-POD-2
Overview: The MB Quart Nautic MBQR-POD-2 Polaris RZR tuned package includes 2 custom-fit speaker pods, pre-loaded with a pair of 8" NH1-120B compression horn drivers, and an NA2-400.2RC 2 x 100W RMS (@4Ω) amplifier, all designed to fit select Polaris RZR powersports vehicles.
Compatibility: The MBQR-POD-2 audio package is specifically designed for installation in Polaris RZR vehicles from 2014-2020.
NH1-120B/Speaker Pods: The MBQR-POD-2 includes two NH1-120B 8" compression horn drivers designed for use in your Polaris RZR. Combined with the the included speaker pod enclosures, the 8" compression horn drivers get mounted in the kick panel area, taking up as little leg room as possible.
- Woofer: The low-frequency driver consists of an 8" composite polypropylene cone with a temperature-stable Butyl rubber surround all mounted in a lightweight composite ABS and glass fiber frame. The driver also features a voice-coil made from high temperature copper, wound on a Kapton former, allowing the voice-coil to handle more power while remaining lightweight. A woven fiber composite spider help stabilize the cone and voice-coil.
- Compression Horn: The 8" drivers feature a coincident mounted compression horn, improving overall volume by as much as +5dB over conventional speakers. A Wavelength Transparent Acoustic Lens improves midrange frequencies through the cone.
- Dome Tweeter: The NH1-120B speakers include a 1" dome tweeter with a pure titanium compression diaphragm, producing a smooth musical response with high output while requiring minimal amplifier power.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NH1-120B drivers carry an IPX67 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 90 watts RMS (180 peak). They have a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-10dB) and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- Speaker Pods: The MBQR-POD-2 system includes two durable, high-impact HDPE composite enclosures that are custom designed to mount in the kick-panel area while taking up as little foot and leg room as possible. Each speaker pod includes a 11" section of speaker wire pre-run through the enclosures.
Note: Drilling new mounting holes will be required for installing the speaker pods into the kick panels.
NA2-400.2RC Amplifier: The MBQR-POD-2 sound system includes an NA2-400.2RC two-channel amplifier for driving the compression horn drivers. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp in the front steering column area of your compatible Polaris RZR. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 8" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector. An additional 16" harness with bare-ended wire attaches to this. Each speaker pod includes an attached 11" section of speaker wire for a combined speaker wire length of 35".
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 8" hardwired harness with
Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
An additional 16" harness with bare-ended wire attaches to this, providing a
combined length of 24" of power/ground/remote wire.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V-0.2V.