About the MB Quart MBQR-STG2-RAD-2
Hit the trails and crank some tunes
Hit the trails and crank some tunes
MB Quart's Stage 2 kit is a great way to bring big sound to your Polaris RZR. With a marine digital media receiver, 8" all-weather speakers, and a 2-channel amp, this system is built to perform and also built to stand up to your off-road adventures.
MB Quart designed this package to fit right into your RZR, with no cutting and minimal hassle. It also comes with all the parts and pieces needed for a smooth, hassle-free installation. Each component is tough enough for trail duty, so you won't have to worry about your system getting swamped.
A rugged receiver for your RZR
MB Quart's GMR-LED digital media receiver packs a lot of cool stuff into a compact, outdoor-ready package. This AM/FM/WB receiver features built-in Bluetooth®, so you can pair up quickly and stream music stored on your phone. If you prefer to plug in, you'll find an AUX input and a charging USB input.
If you want to expand your system later, three sets of preamp outputs make the job a little easier. You'll also find a composite video camera input and a composite video output. This kit includes a custom-designed dash panel that holds the receiver and blends into your RZR's dash, along with a dash-mount panel with aux and USB inputs.
Speaker and pods made for your ride
This package includes a pair of 8" NH1-120B compression horn marine speakers that are built for off-road and marine use. The durable poly cones withstand moisture and sunlight, as do the 1" titanium tweeters. They're easy to install, too, thanks to the RZR-specific speaker enclosures included in this kit. These rugged kick panel enclosures bolt right in using the factory mounting holes with just a little bit of drilling.
A rugged amp with plenty of juice
MB Quart's NA2-400.2 amplifier packs a lot of power into a small package that's perfect for powersports applications. This rugged 2-channel Class D amp delivers 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms, so your speakers will get the power they need.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- system also includes:
- two 8" speakers and kick panel enclosures
- 2-channel amp
- dash-mount panel with USB and aux inputs
- dash kit, amp brackets, installation parts and wiring
MB Quart GMR-LED marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- USB port works with Apple smartphones
- global AM/FM/Weather tuner
- inputs: AUX in, USB port, video/camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outs (4-volt front, rear, sub), video out
- independent subwoofer level control with selectable low pass filter
- warranty: 1 year
MB Quart NH1-120B 8" marine speakers
- compression horn design for outstanding volume
- power handling up to 90 watts RMS (180 watts peak)
- designed to marine and off-road use
- 1" titanium compression diaphram tweeters
- Santoprene rubber surrounds
- impedance: 4 ohms
- warranty: 1 year
MB Quart NA2-400.2RC 2-channel amp
- Class D design
- 100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- low-pass crossover and bass boost
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for power sports and marine applications
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQR-STG2-RAD-2
What's in the box:
- This package contains 4 individually boxed items:
- GMR-LED&RZR Dash Kit:
- Marine digital media receiver w/ inline 10A & 1A fuses
- Wiring harness
- Mounting bracket (pre-installed on radio)
- 2 Threaded studs/posts (pre-installed)
- 4 Nuts (pre-installed)
- 2 Lock-washers (pre-installed)
- 2 Front-covers (pre-installed)
- 2 Nuts
- Operator's Guide
- QR Code for Installation Instructions
- 2 Speaker pods pre-loaded with NH1-120B 8" drivers (attached 11" wire harness)
- Four 18mm bolts
- Two 24mm T40 Torx screws
- 4 Flat-washers
- QR Code for installation instructions
- NA2-400.2RC Amplifier:
- 2-Channel amplifier w/ attached 8" power/ground and speaker output harnesses (terminated with Molex plugs)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" Speaker output harness
- Four 18mm screws
- Quickstart guide
- Single amp mounting plate
- Dual amp mounting plate
- 3' Power harness (inline 50A Maxi fuse)
- 80" Speaker output splitter harness
- 9' Right rear speaker harness
- 9' Left rear speaker harness
- 32" 4-Seat extension harness
- 6-Pin Radio power adapter harness
- Two 2' stereo RCA cables
- Two 4" LED jumper/splitters
- Ten 7" wire ties
- Eight 12mm screws
- 8 Flat-washers
- 8 Nylock nuts
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MB Quart MBQR-STG2-RAD-2
Overview: The MB Quart Nautic MBQR-STG2-RAD-2 Polaris RZR tuned package includes a GMR-LED AM/FM/BT powersports radio with Apple Control, 2 custom-fit speaker pods, pre-loaded with a pair of 8" NH1-120B compression horn drivers, an NA2-400.2RC 2 x 100W RMS (@4Ω) amplifier, and pre-cut and loomed wiring harnesses, all designed to fit select Polaris RZR powersports vehicles.
Compatibility: The MBQR-STG2-RAD-2 audio package is designed specifically for installation in 2014-2020 Polaris RZR vehicles, either 2- or 4-seat versions, WITHOUT a factory Ride Command audio system. If a Ride Command system is present, please see the MB Quart Stage 2 and Stage 3 Ride Command packages.
Installation: The MBQR-STG2-RAD-2 Polaris RZR tuned package includes all the mounting hardware and wiring required for installation. The GMR-LED radio comes pre-mounted inside the dash installation kit that's designed to fit in the RZR dash. The dash kit includes a 3.5mm AUX input and a USB input for connecting playback devices. Single and dual amp mounting plates are provided for the NA2-400.2RC amplifier, letting you add an optional subwoofer amp (sold separately). The 8" compression horn drivers are pre-mounted into speaker pod enclosures designed to fit the kick-panel areas of the RZR. The tuned package also includes pre-cut, pre-loomed wiring harnesses designed to integrate each item, making installation much easier.
Marine Grade Protection (IPX67): The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED meets or exceeds the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) marine electronics standards and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). It has been designed and tested against the elements and built to handle the outdoors with an IPX67 rating. Its waterproof, dust proof, snow proof, and shock proof.
3.5" Display Screen: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED marine digital media receiver features a 3.5" high-contrast LCD screen with LED backlight to view song/artist/album information (including album art) and a connected external camera (sold separately). The backlight of the display can be set to High or Low. A rotary knob and large rubberized buttons provide Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Source Select, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, Intro (10-sec), and Preset functions. The size and space of the buttons and knob also makes them easy to operate with gloves on.
Polaris RZR Mounting: The GMR-LED comes pre-mounted into the included bracket that's designed for installation into a Polaris RZR dash, using the factory hardware. The kit front panel features a 3.5mm stereo AUX input along with a USB (Type-A, 2.0), both pre-connected to the radio's rear-panel AUX and USB ports.
Optional Mounting: The GMR-LED radio can be installed in other powersports vehicles, without using the included mounting bracket. The unit requires a round cutout in a bulkhead or dash for inserting the chassis, and will fit in standard 3" round gauge-style openings. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the unit in place behind the mounting surface. Or, you can secure the unit to the front of the mounting surface using four screws (not included); the pre-installed front-covers must be removed to access the screw holes.
- Chassis: 3.0" (diameter) x 3.0" (depth)
- Face-Plate: 4.9375" (w) x 4.125" (h) x 1.5" (d)
- Cutout: 3.0" (diameter) x 4.0" (depth)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 4.5" (w) x 1.625" (h)
Note: The GMR-LED features a round, gauge-style design and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Optional Wireless Remote: The optional MB Quart RF remote control (049RFREM, sold separately) provides wireless operation of the GMR-LED marine digital media receiver.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled source device. The GMR-LED supports playback of stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device. The unit will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source devices. You can also view song/artist/album information (including album art) on the receiver's LCD screen. The unit offers quick and easy wireless connection to your Bluetooth enabled device. When the unit powers up, it immediately connects to the last device connected. The wireless Bluetooth range is approximately 32' (10 meters).
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED is equipped with a rear-panel USB (Type-A, 2.0) port that comes pre-wired to the kit's front-panel USB port. This allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, like a USB thumbdrive. The unit supports audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files stored on a compatible USB thumbdrive or MSC device. The unit offers Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Intro (10-sec), and Random/Repeat playback functions; as well as song/artist/album display (including album art). The unit also charges your connected USB device (up to 0.5A).
Note: The unit's USB port does not support USB hubs, card-readers, or Android devices.
iPhone Direct Connect: The dash-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone with the cable that came with your Apple device. The GMR-LED supports audio playback, basic control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat), song/artist/album display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device. You will continue to use your iPod/iPhone for advanced music browsing. The GMR-LED is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features: (as of 4/25/2019)
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The GMR-LED features a rear mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input on a 5" pigtail that's pre-connected to the dash kit's front-panel 3.5mm AUX port, letting you connect a portable audio player with a headphone or audio output jack.
AM/FM/WB Tuner: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM preset and 12 AM presets (for a total of 30 preset stations). You can select either US or European tuning. It also features a built-in weather band tuner, so you can stay up to date on the weather while you are out on the water.
- USA Frequency: FM 87.9-107.9MHz / AM 530-1710kHz
- Europe Frequency: FM 87.5-108MHz / AM522-1620kHz
- NOAA NWR Weather Band Frequency: 162.400-162.550MHz
Camera Input: The MB Quart GMR-LED is equipped with a composite video camera input and a reverse trigger wire to connect an outboard camera (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The camera input could be used for a front thermal imaging UTV camera or boat docking camera depending on the application. The unit's 3.5" LCD screen displays a clear picture of what the camera views. The camera image can be selected manually or triggered automatically. You'll need to connect the receiver's purple/white wire to a +12V reverse gear signal wire in your vehicle to automatically trigger the camera when the vehicle is put into reverse gear.
Video Output: The GMR-LED's composite video output will mirror the marine digital receiver's screen onto an external monitor. This is a useful feature to provide a secondary screen for passengers or in other zones within a larger space, such as a boat or RV.
4-Channel Speaker Output: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED digital media receiver is equipped with a 20W (RMS) / 40W (Peak) x 4ch amplifier. With quick heat dissipation the system can play loud and long for years of service.
4V/6Ch Preouts: The GMR-LED marine digital media receiver offers 4V/6Ch preouts (Front/Rear/Sub) for connecting external power amplifiers. The front & rear preouts have fade capability, while the sub preouts are non-fading.
Sub Control: The unit features a low-pass crossover and subwoofer level control to fine-tune the subwoofer preouts. The low-pass crossover can be set to 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz. You can also adjust the subwoofer level from 0-40 independent from the unit's overall volume control.
Dual Zone Control: You can setup a dual zone system on you boat by connecting the head unit's built-in amplifier to your interior cabin speakers (zone 1) and the receiver's preouts to an external amplifier and tower speakers (zone 2). You'll be able to control volume in both areas (zones) independently - the captain/passenger area and the tower speakers facing the skiers or wake surfers. The same source is played back in both zones with independent volume control for each zone.
Equalizer: The GMR-LED features an 8-band EQ to customize your listening experience. The 8-band EQ consists of 62, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 4k, 10k, and 16k Hz frequencies. You can store up to two Custom EQ Presets. If you prefer simpler sound customization, you can simply adjust the receiver's Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) from -7 to +7. The unit also offers Balance & Fader control.
NH1-120B/Speaker Pods: The MBQR-STG2-RAD-2 includes two NH1-120B 8" compression horn drivers designed for use in your Polaris RZR. Combined with the the included speaker pod enclosures, the 8" compression horn drivers get mounted in the kick panel area, taking up as little leg room as possible.
- Woofer: The low-frequency driver consists of an 8" composite polypropylene cone with a temperature-stable Butyl rubber surround all mounted in a lightweight composite ABS and glass fiber frame. The driver also features a voice-coil made from high temperature copper, wound on a Kapton former, allowing the voice-coil to handle more power while remaining lightweight. A woven fiber composite spider help stabilize the cone and voice-coil.
- Compression Horn: The 8" drivers feature a coincident mounted compression horn, improving overall volume by as much as +5dB over conventional speakers. A Wavelength Transparent Acoustic Lens improves midrange frequencies through the cone.
- Dome Tweeter: The NH1-120B speakers include a 1" dome tweeter with a pure titanium compression diaphragm, producing a smooth musical response with high output while requiring minimal amplifier power.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NH1-120B drivers carry an IPX67 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 90 watts RMS (180 peak). They have a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-10dB) and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- Speaker Pods: The MBQR-STG2-RAD-2 system includes two durable, high-impact HDPE composite enclosures that are custom designed to mount in the kick-panel area while taking up as little foot and leg room as possible. Each speaker pod includes a 11" section of speaker wire pre-run through the enclosures.
Note: Drilling new mounting holes will be required for installing the speaker pods into the kick panels.
NA2-400.2RC Amplifier: The MBQR-STG2-RAD-2 sound system includes an NA2-400.2RC two-channel amplifier for driving the compression horn drivers. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp in the front steering column area of your compatible Polaris RZR. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 8" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 8" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V-0.2V.