About the MB Quart MBQX-STG2-RAD-1
Awesome sound for the great outdoors
Awesome sound for the great outdoors
Can-Am's Maverick X3 is a high-performance side-by-side with plenty of power, and MB Quart's Stage 2 kit will take your sound to the next level with a marine digital media receiver, 6-1/2” marine speakers, and a 2-channel amp. MB Quart designed this package to fit right into your Maverick, with no cutting and minimal hassle. It also comes with all the parts and pieces needed for a smooth, installation. Each component is tough enough for trail duty, so you won't have to worry about your system getting swamped.
A versatile receiver with a custom dash kit
The MB Quart GMR-LED digital media receiver packs a lot of cool stuff into a compact, outdoor-ready package that's made for your Maverick. This AM/FM/WB receiver features built-in Bluetooth®, so you can pair up quickly and stream music stored on your phone. If you have an Apple device, you'll appreciate the convenience of Apple Control. If you prefer to plug in, you'll find an AUX input and a charging USB input.
If you want to expand your system later, the GMR-LED features a full set of preamp outputs, along with a handy camera input. This kit includes a custom-designed dash panel that holds the receiver and blends into your Maverick's dash.
Speakers that fit right in, too
The package includes a pair of NP1-116 Nautic marine speakers that are built for off-road and marine use. The durable poly cones withstand moisture and sunlight, as do the 1" titanium dome tweeters.
They're really easy to install, too, thanks to the made-for-the-Maverick X3 speaker enclosures included in this kit. These rugged enclosures bolt right in using the factory mounting holes with just a little bit of drilling. The left speaker panel works with your Maverick's Smart-Lok™ Diff capable and has all the needed factory mounts.
Plenty of power from a 2-channel amp
MB Quart's NA2-400.2 amplifier packs a lot of power into a small package that's perfect for powersports applications. This rugged Class D amp delivers 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms, so your speakers will get the juice they need.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- also includes 2 speakers, 2-channel amp, front speaker enclosures, dash kit, amp bracket, and wiring
- compatible with Smart-Lok
MB Quart GMR-LED marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs)
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- works with Apple and Android smartphones
- global AM/FM/Weather tuner
- inputs: AUX in, USB port, video/camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outs (4-volt front, rear, sub), video out
- front and rear preamps plus sub output
- independent subwoofer level control with selectable low pass filter
- warranty: 1 year
MB Quart NP1-116 6-1/2" Nautic marine speakers
- power handling up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- designed to marine and off-road use
- 1" titanium dome tweeters
- Santoprene rubber surrounds
- warranty: 1 year
MB Quart NA2-400.2 2-channel amp
- Class D design
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (400 watts peak)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- low pass crossover and bass boost
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for power sports and marine applications
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBQX-STG2-RAD-1
What's in the box:
- This package contains 4 individually boxed items along with a QR Code for installation instructions:
- GMR-LED&X3 Dash Kit:
- Marine digital media receiver w/ inline 10A & 1A fuses
- Wiring harness
- Mounting bracket (pre-installed on radio)
- 2 Threaded studs/posts (pre-installed)
- 4 Nuts (pre-installed)
- 2 Lock-washers (pre-installed)
- 2 Front-covers (pre-installed)
- Four 1-1/4" Screws
- 2 Nuts
- Operator's Guide
- NA2-400.2 Amplifier:
- 2-Channel amplifier w/ attached 8" power/ground and speaker output harnesses (terminated with Molex plugs)
- 16" Power/ground harness (inline 30A ATC fuse)
- 16" Speaker output harness
- Four 18mm screws
- Quickstart guide
- Two NP1-116 6.5" coaxial speakers pre-mounted into left and right side mounting panels
- Amplifier mounting plate
- 7.5' Power harness (inline 70A Maxi fuse)
- 5' Speaker output splitter harness
- 7.5' Right rear speaker harness
- 7.5' Left rear speaker harness
- 32" 4-Seat extension harness
- 6' Subwoofer harness
- Two 3' stereo RCA cables
- One 12" RCA cable
- Two 8.5" RCA splitters (1 male to 2 female ends)
- Two 4.5" LED jumper/splitters
- Ten 7" wire ties
- Eleven 12mm screws
- 8 Flat-washers
- 8 Nylock nuts
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the MB Quart MBQX-STG2-RAD-1
Overview: The MB Quart Nautic MBQX-STG2-RAD-1 Can-Am Maverick X3 tuned package includes a GMR-LED AM/FM/BT powersports radio with Apple Control, 2 custom-fit speaker panels, pre-loaded with a pair of 6.5" NP1-116 2-way speakers, an NA2-400.2 2 x 100W RMS (@4Ω) amplifier, and pre-cut and loomed wiring harnesses, all designed to fit select Can-Am X3 vehicles.
Compatibility: The MBQX-STG2-RAD-1 audio package is designed specifically for installation in 2017-2020 Can-Am Maverick X3 vehicles.
Installation: The MBQX-STG2-RAD-1 Can-Am Maverick X3 tuned package includes all the mounting hardware and wiring required for installation. The GMR-LED radio comes pre-mounted inside the dash installation kit that's designed to fit in the X3 dash. An amplifier mounting plate is provided for the NA2-400.2 amp, allowing it to be installed against the driver's side firewall. Both 6.5" 2-way drivers are pre-mounted into speaker installation panels that are custom designed to fit the front speaker locations of the X3. The left speaker panel includes 3 pre-cut switch openings and is Smart-Lok Differential compatible. The Maverick X3 tuned package also includes pre-cut, pre-loomed wiring harnesses designed to integrate each item, making installation much easier. Front and rear speaker wire harnesses include red & black LED wiring for use with optional illuminated speaker rings (sold separately).
- Note: Some drilling into factory plastic panels and the included amp mounting plate will be required for installation.
Marine Grade Protection (IPX67): The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED meets or exceeds the American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) marine electronics standards and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). It has been designed and tested against the elements and built to handle the outdoors with an IPX67 rating. Its waterproof, dust proof, snow proof, and shock proof.
3.5" Display Screen: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED marine digital media receiver features a 3.5" high-contrast LCD screen with LED backlight to view song/artist/album information (including album art) and a connected external camera (sold separately). The backlight of the display can be set to High or Low. A rotary knob and large rubberized buttons provide Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Source Select, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, Intro (10-sec), and Preset functions. The size and space of the buttons and knob also makes them easy to operate with gloves on.
Can-Am X3 Mounting: The GMR-LED headunit comes pre-installed into the included mounting bracket that's designed to fit the Can-Am X3 factory radio location.
Optional Mounting: The GMR-LED radio can be installed in other powersports vehicles, without using the included mounting bracket. The unit requires a round cutout in a bulkhead or dash for inserting the chassis, and will fit in standard 3" round gauge-style openings. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the unit in place behind the mounting surface. Or, you can secure the unit to the front of the mounting surface using four screws (not included); the pre-installed front-covers must be removed to access the screw holes.
- Chassis: 3.0" (diameter) x 3.0" (depth)
- Face-Plate: 4.9375" (w) x 4.125" (h) x 1.5" (d)
- Cutout: 3.0" (diameter) x 4.0" (depth)
- Screw Hole Spacing: 4.5" (w) x 1.625" (h)
Note: The GMR-LED features a round, gauge-style design and does not include a mounting sleeve or ISO-mount screw holes to accommodate standard automotive installation.
Optional Wireless Remote: The optional MB Quart RF remote control (049RFREM, sold separately) provides wireless operation of the GMR-LED marine digital media receiver.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled source device. The GMR-LED supports playback of stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device. The unit will be able to control basic playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Skip Next/Previous. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth source devices. You can also view song/artist/album information (including album art) on the receiver's LCD screen. The unit offers quick and easy wireless connection to your Bluetooth enabled device. When the unit powers up, it immediately connects to the last device connected. The wireless Bluetooth range is approximately 32' (10 meters).
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED is equipped with a rear-panel USB (Type-A, 2.0) port. This allows you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, like a USB thumbdrive. The unit supports audio playback & control of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV audio files stored on a compatible USB thumbdrive or MSC device. The unit offers Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Intro (10-sec), and Random/Repeat playback functions; as well as song/artist/album display (including album art). The unit also charges your connected USB device (up to 0.5A).
Note: The unit's USB port does not support USB hubs, card-readers, or Android devices.
iPhone Direct Connect: The dash-panel USB port can be used to connect your Lightning-connector or 30-pin dock connector iPod/iPhone with the cable that came with your Apple device. The GMR-LED supports audio playback, basic control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Random/Repeat), song/artist/album display (including album art), and charging of your compatible Apple device. You will continue to use your iPod/iPhone for advanced music browsing. The GMR-LED is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features: (as of 4/25/2019)
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: The GMR-LED features a rear mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input on a 5" pigtail, letting you connect a portable audio player, smartphone, or tablet using a 3.5mm to RCA cable (sold separately).
AM/FM/WB Tuner: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM preset and 12 AM presets (for a total of 30 preset stations). You can select either US or European tuning. It also features a built-in weather band tuner, so you can stay up to date on the weather while you are out on the water.
- USA Frequency: FM 87.9-107.9MHz / AM 530-1710kHz
- Europe Frequency: FM 87.5-108MHz / AM522-1620kHz
- NOAA NWR Weather Band Frequency: 162.400-162.550MHz
Camera Input: The MB Quart GMR-LED is equipped with a composite video camera input and a reverse trigger wire to connect an outboard camera (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The camera input could be used for a front thermal imaging UTV camera or boat docking camera depending on the application. The unit's 3.5" LCD screen displays a clear picture of what the camera views. The camera image can be selected manually or triggered automatically. You'll need to connect the receiver's purple/white wire to a +12V reverse gear signal wire in your vehicle to automatically trigger the camera when the vehicle is put into reverse gear.
Video Output: The GMR-LED's composite video output will mirror the marine digital receiver's screen onto an external monitor. This is a useful feature to provide a secondary screen for passengers or in other zones within a larger space, such as a boat or RV.
4-Channel Speaker Output: The MB Quart Nautic GMR-LED digital media receiver is equipped with a 20W (RMS) / 40W (Peak) x 4ch amplifier. With quick heat dissipation the system can play loud and long for years of service.
4V/6Ch Preouts: The GMR-LED marine digital media receiver offers 4V/6Ch preouts (Front/Rear/Sub) for connecting external power amplifiers. The front & rear preouts have fade capability, while the sub preouts are non-fading.
Sub Control: The unit features a low-pass crossover and subwoofer level control to fine-tune the subwoofer preouts. The low-pass crossover can be set to 80Hz, 100Hz, or 120Hz. You can also adjust the subwoofer level from 0-40 independent from the unit's overall volume control.
Dual Zone Control: You can setup a dual zone system on you boat by connecting the head unit's built-in amplifier to your interior cabin speakers (zone 1) and the receiver's preouts to an external amplifier and tower speakers (zone 2). You'll be able to control volume in both areas (zones) independently - the captain/passenger area and the tower speakers facing the skiers or wake surfers. The same source is played back in both zones with independent volume control for each zone.
Equalizer: The GMR-LED features an 8-band EQ to customize your listening experience. The 8-band EQ consists of 62, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 4k, 10k, and 16k Hz frequencies. You can store up to two Custom EQ Presets. If you prefer simpler sound customization, you can simply adjust the receiver's Bass (100Hz) & Treble (10kHz) from -7 to +7. The unit also offers Balance & Fader control.
NP1-116/Speaker Panels: The MBQX-STG2-RAD-1 includes two NP1-116 6.5" two-way, all-weather speakers, pre-installed into speaker panels designed to mount into the factory front speaker locations.
- Woofer Cone: The woofer cones are made of UV protected injection molded polypropylene.
- Mounting Gasket: Polymer gaskets are used to keep the speaker isolated from the mounting surface and improve protection from water intrusion.
- Dome Tweeter: The 1" titanium dome tweeters use waterproof, coated silk surround and are bridge mounted, rather than mounted to a pole piece, thus there is no chance of water leaking through the woofer cone.
- Crossover: A 12dB/oct. Butterworth crossover offers a smooth transition from high to low frequencies with conformal coating and PTC (Positive Thermal Coefficient) tweeter protection.
- Grilles: Each driver features a pre-attached composite grille, treated to resist UV sun fade and weather.
- Marine Grade: Tested to the highest marine and powersports standards for resisting the elements, both NP1-116 drivers carry an IPX68 weatherproof rating, making them highly resistant to water, dirt, and UV rays.
- Speaker Specifications: The 4Ω speakers can handle 60 watts RMS (120 peak). They have a frequency response of 30Hz - 22kHz and a sensitivity of 92dB.
- Speaker Panels: The MBQX-STG2-RAD-1 system includes two durable, high-impact HDPE composite speaker mounting panels that are custom designed to install the NP1-116 speakers in place of the factory front speakers. The left speaker panel includes 3 pre-cut switch openings and is Smart-Lok Differential compatible.
NA2-400.2 Amplifier: The MBQX-STG2-RAD-1 sound system includes an NA2-400.2 two-channel amplifier for driving the 6.5" speakers. The Class-D amp can output 2 x 100w RMS @4Ω or 2 x 200 RMS @2Ω and has a frequency response of 20Hz - 20kHz. The amplifier features conformal coated PC boards that resist corrosion from salt spray and moisture, and a Q-Stasis pre-amplifier stage that reduces incoming noise from a headunit, greatly improving sound quality. A dual coil Pulse-Width Modulated power supply keeps a constant steady voltage. The Class-D topology combined with aluminum heat sinks allows the amp to produce the maximum amount of power while keeping it cool. Mounting hardware is included for mounting the amp to the driver's side firewall of your compatible Can-Am X3. Amplifier front and rear panels include the following:
- Inputs: One pair of RCA jacks provides the audio input for the amp.
- Outputs: Two speaker output channels are provided on a 7" hardwired harness terminated with a 4-pin Molex connector.
- Power/Ground/Remote: A second 7" hardwired harness with Molex connector is provided for power, ground, and remote connections.
- X-Over: A 3-position slide-switch allows selection of either HP, LP, or Off. The HP and LP options include their own crossover dial with the High-pass filter allowing adjustment from 15Hz - 300Hz and the Low-pass filter adjustment ranging from 50Hz - 300Hz.
- Level: Varies the input signal level with a range of 9V - 0.2V.
1 question already asked