About the Sanus CAPT01
The Sanus CAPT01-B1 MultiVolt Power Supply provides a convenient way to distribute power to low-voltage components in a rack-mounted system. Six 12V always-on outlets and three USB ports provide plenty of connectivity. And there's a front-panel USB charging port for your smartphone or camcorder.
But that's only half the story. The CAPT01 lets you expand your system with additional Sanus rack accessories. Connect an optional front-mounted task light and rear-mounted work light — and control them via the convenient front-panel switches. The CAPT01 comes with a thermostat kit to monitor rack temperature and provide a digital readout. If you have ventilation fans connected, the unit will automatically activate them when necessary.
- front panel:
- rear panel:
- 3 USB ports for components
- outlets for rear work light
- connection for optional temperature gauge
- outlet for optional rack-mounted ventilation fans
- 6 always-on 12V outlets
- thermostat kit to monitor rack temperature and automatically activate optional ventilation fans
- rack mount screws not included
- 19"W x 1-3/4"H x 4-5/8"D (8" deep with AC cord)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CAPT01-B1
What's in the box:
- Rack mount DC power supply
- 6' AC power cord
- Magnetic thermostat module with attached 6' cable (3.5mm miniplug)
- 17" Plastic cable channel
- 2 Cable channel clips
- Instruction Manual
- Addendum to Instruction Manual
Sanus CAPT01 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sanus CAPT01
Overview: The Sanus CAPT01 EcoSystem Multi-Volt Power Supply is a rack-mounted power supply for multiple low-voltage accessory components. It occupies a single rack space (1U) in a standard 19" rack. The CAPT01 supplies DC voltage for numerous fans, displays, front and rear lights, and powers and/or charges several devices via USB. The unit includes a thermostat kit which monitors the temperature inside the rack and automatically activates the connected cooling fans. The CAPT01 comes with a 6' AC power cord with an IEC 3-pronged plug, and a cable management channel.
Note: No rack mounting screws are included with the Power Supply.
Thermostat Kit: The supplied thermostat is housed in a magnetic module that can be attached virtually anywhere inside the rack. It has a 6' cable that connects to the power supply via a 3.5mm miniplug. The CATG01 Temperature Gauge can be connected into the system to display the current ambient temperature. When the ambient temperature inside the rack reaches 85° (+/- 6°), the thermostat sends a triggering signal to the CAPT01, turning on the fans connected through any of the four DC outlets designated for thermostat control. The thermostat will cycle off at 70° (+/- 6°). The module is 1.5" wide x 1.16" high x 1.14" deep.
Connections and Controls: The CAPT01 has the following connections and controls:
- Front Panel:
- System Power Switch
- Rear and Front Light Switches: For rear "Work" light and front "Task" light
- USB Charging: 1 Type A USB port (5 Volts, 2.1 A Max)
- Always On Power Jack: 5.5mm Outside Diameter (OD), 2.5mm Inside Diameter (ID); 12 Volts, 2.5 A Max
- Front Lights Power Jack: 3.5mm OD, 1.3mm ID; 12 Volts, 1.2 A Max
- Rear Panel:
- USB Charging: 3 Type A USB ports (5 Volts, 2.1 A Max)
- Lights: 2 Front and 2 Rear Power Jacks 3.5mm OD, 1.3mm ID, 12 Volts, 1.2 A Max (per jack)
- 6 Always On Power Jacks: 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID, 12 Volts, 2.5 A Max (per jack)
- 4 Thermostat Controlled Power Jacks: 5.5mm OD, 2.5mm ID, 12 Volts, 2.5 A Max (per jack)
- Thermostat Input: 3.5mm minijack
- AC Power Input: IEC 3-prong jack; 100-240V AC 50/60 Hz, 3A Max
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?