About the Chief RPMAU Elite
With the Chief RPMAU Elite universal mount, installing a projector on your ceiling just became a whole lot easier. This durable mount has independent pitch, yaw, and roll, and Microzone Adjustments so you can precisely position your projector.
The mount can support up to 50 lbs., and self-adjusts to properly support different projector weights. And you can fine-tune the alignment of your projector with fingertip adjustments.
The mount's quick connect/disconnect lock makes it easy to change the lamp and filter on your projector — and it doesn't affect your preset adjustments. So once you've changed the bulb, you're ready to start watching movies again.
Hollow channels inside the mount keep cables out of sight. With the Elite RPMAU mount, you can have an uncluttered, professional-looking installation.
- supports up to 50 lbs.
- easy fingertip positioning
- mount self-adjusts to support different projector weights
- quick connect/disconnect for easy projector maintenance
- hollow channels to keep cables out of sight
- roll: 3°
- vertical tilt range: 20°
- side-to-side swivel range: 360°
- This mount requires a ceiling plate and a threaded column for installation.
- 6-1/2"W x 2-11/16"H x 5-1/2"D
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPMAUW
What's in the box:
- RPMAU Universal Projector Mount:
- SLMU plate
- 4 SLMU legs
- RPM assembly
- 2 Keys
- Installation Instructions
- Universal Projector Hardware Kit:
- 1/4" Hex wrench
- 5/32" Security hex wrench (w/hole in the tip)
- Four 8-32 x 3/8" Phillips-head screws
- Four 8-32 x 1/4" security hex screws
- Four M2.5 x 10mm screws
- Four M3 x 10mm screws
- Four M4 x 10mm screws
- Four M5 x 12mm screws
- Four M6 x 12mm screws
- Four M4 washers
- Four 1/4" Allen nuts (1/4-20 thread)
- Longer Interface Hardware kit including:
- Four M3 x 25mm screws
- Four M4 x 25mm screws
- Four M5 x 25mm screws
- Four M6 x 25mm screws
- Four plastic spacers (1/2"D x 5/8"L)
- All-Points Security Kit containing
- 5/32" Security hex wrench (w/hole in the tip)
- Installation Instruction
Chief RPMAU Elite reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Chief RPMAU Elite
Universal Projector Mount: This Chief RPM Elite (model RPMAU) is a locking universal ceiling mount for inverted front projectors. The mount adjusts in all directions (pitch, roll, and yaw) to give you a perfectly shaped projected picture. It has a quick connect/disconnect feature so you can conveniently remove the projector to change the lamp and filter. The mount maintains its angle, so you won't have to re-aim the projector when it is reattached.
Weight Capacity: The maximum weight to be installed on the mount is 50 pounds. It is recommended that the ceiling's structural members can support a redundant weight factor five times the weight of the equipment you intend to install. If the structure cannot support that amount of weight, the structure must be reinforced before you install the projector mount.
Construction: All components of the RPMAU are made of heavy-gauge steel for a secure and long-lasting mount.
Mounting Options: The RPM assembly can be mounted in variety of methods:
- Threaded Pipe: The RPM assembly has 1-1/2" diameter NPT threads to accommodate mounting to an extension pipe and ceiling plate (both sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- Wood Studs: The unit can be attached to wood stud ceiling joists using four 1/4" x 3" lag bolts (not included).
- Concrete: The mount can be attached to concrete using four Toggler A10 Alligator concrete anchors and four 1/4" x 3" lag bolts (not included).
- Threaded Rods: The RPM can be secured to uni-strut, angle, or channel assembly overhead structural members (trusses or I-beams) using 1/4" diameter threaded rods and 1/4-20 nuts (not included)
Main Parts: The RPMAU consists of two main parts:
- RPM Assembly: Mounts to ceiling (see methods above) and includes adjustments for pitch, roll, and yaw.
- SLMU Universal Interface: Mounts to the bottom of the projector with the included legs and hardware. The inverted projector, with interface attached, fits and locks into the bottom of the RPM assembly.
Microzone Adjustments: The patent-pending Microzone technology lets you make fine adjustments easily and quickly using a #2 Phillips screwdriver. The pitch adjustment (setting the height of the projected image) is +/- 20°, the yaw adjustment (setting the left/right position of the projected image) is also +/- 20°, while the roll adjustment (leveling the projected image) is +/-3°
Note: The total yaw adjustment is 360° for some mounting methods, but the setting can be finely adjusted +/- 20° once the projector is mounted.
Centris Technology: The patent-pending Centris Technology gives you effortless fingertip positioning of the projector. The mount self-adjusts to support different projector weights.
Cable Management: The top of the RPMAU projector mount has a 1-1/2" diameter hole that allows you to easily route cables without additional accessories.
Q-Lock Quick Release Lever: You can easily remove and reinstall the projector for quick maintenance. A simple lever holds the projector to the mount, while the Q-Lock provides enhanced security with an integrated key and lock system. When the projector is removed in this manner, the mounting registration is maintained, preventing you from losing your preset adjustments.
All-Points Security: The Chief RPMAU projector mount utilizes All-Points Security with its exclusive steel-into-steel locking hardware at all connection points to protect against theft. Using the supplied security hex head screws, requiring the use of the supplied security hex wrenches, secures the projector to the mount. Standard screws are also supplied if you choose not to use the special security hex screws.
Supplied Hardware: The RPMAU can accommodate a variety of projector mounting patterns and screw sizes. The mounting legs allows the SLMU plate to cover an area approximately 18" in diameter. The RPMAU comes with M3, M4, M5, and M6 mounting hardware in short (12mm) and long (25mm) lengths.
Required Tools: You will need the following tools to install the RPMAU ceiling mount:
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Hex Wrenches: Supplied 1/4" standard and 3/8" Security Hex wrenches
- Other: Other tools, such as open end wrenches, hammer, drill and bit, may be needed depending upon the method of installation
- RPM Assembly: Width = 6.5", Height = 2.75", Depth = 5.5"
- SLMU Plate: Width = 6.625", Height = 0.8125", Depth = 5.625" (w/legs 18.75"W x 1.875"H x 18")
- RPMAU Assembled: Width = 18.75", Height = 4.1875", Depth = 18"
5 questions already asked