About the Chief RSMAU Mini Elite
The Chief RSMAU Mini Elite universal mount makes installing a small projector on your ceiling simple. This durable mount has independent pitch, yaw, and roll, so you can orient your projector precisely where it needs to be. Its Microzone Adjustments feature makes it easy to position your projector.
The mount can support up to 25 lbs., and self-adjusts to properly support different projector weights. And you can precisely align your projector with fingertip adjustments.
The mount's quick connect/disconnect lock makes it easy to change the lamp and filter on your projector — and it doesn't affect your preset adjustments. So once you've changed the bulb, you're ready to start watching movies again.
Hollow channels inside the mount keep cables out of sight. With the RSMAU Mini Elite mount, you can have an uncluttered, professional-looking installation.
- supports up to 25 lbs.
- easy fingertip positioning
- mount self-adjusts to support different projector weights
- quick connect/disconnect for easy projector maintenance
- hollow channels to keep cables out of sight
- roll: 3°
- vertical tilt range: 20°
- side-to-side swivel range: 360°
- 5-1/16"W x 4-3/8"H x 1-7/8"D
- warranty: 10 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RSMAU
What's in the box:
- Base plate bracket
- SSMU plate
- 4 SSMU legs
- RSM assembly
- Installation Instructions (SSBU/SSMU)
- Installation Instructions (RSM A-D)
- Universal Projector Interface Hardware Kit containing:
- 1/4" Hex wrench
- 5/32" Security hex wrench (w/hole in the tip)
- Four 8-32 x 3/8" screws
- Four 8-32 x 1/4" security hex screws
- Four M2.5 x 10mm screws
- Four M3 x 10mm screws
- Four M4 x 10mm screws
- Four M5 x 14mm screws
- Four M6 x 14mm screws
- Four M4 washers
- Four 1/4" Allen nuts (1/4-20 thread)
- Longer Interface Hardware kit including:
- Four M3 x 25mm screws
- Four M4 x 25mm screws
- Four M5 x 25mm screws
- Four M6 x 25mm screws
- Four plastic spacers (1/2"D x 5/8"L)
- All-Points Security Kit containing
- 5/32" Security hex wrench (w/hole in the tip)
- Installation Instructions
Chief RSMAU Mini Elite reviews
The mount itself has a quality build and fits perfectly to my Epson 3600e projector that I bought with it. The mount and projector fit well together with no issues. I would have given this mount 5 stars, but the assembly instructions were ridiculously difficult to follow. First, there were two different sets of instructions that have to be paired together to complete assembly. Second, the layout of the instructions are very hard to follow (my frame of reference is how iKea can illustrate assembly with a few drawings and stick figures). The manufacturer could learn something here. Third, there was a page missing in one set of the instructions, although they give you the instructions in 4 different sets of languages. However, the same page was missing across all language sets. It took me a while of trying to sort out how the instruction manual fit together and then trying to figure what I was missing - ah yes, a whole page was missing. I was able to go the manufacturer's webpage and pull up the PDF version and find the missing page. The mount itself actually goes together fairly simply (after you figure it out). You'll like the product, but you'll be a little frustrated with the assembly instructions. You will also need to provide your own set of mounting screws, depending on the mounting surface. Also, be aware this does not include an extension arm. I didn't need it, but you may want to consider for your own mounting location.
Pros: Quality build Seamless, snug fit with Epson projector Quick release mount and lever provide for simple removal of projector from the mount.
Cons: Assembly instructions very poorly written.
2 of 2 found this helpful
This is a nice mount. The adjustments are easy and gives a perfect image. My only major complaint is with the way the mount attaches to the projector. I had to buy some washer to get the mount to fit snug.
Pros: Great adjustments.
Cons: Not the easiest mount to attach.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Chief RSMAU Mini Elite
Overview: This Chief RSM Mini Elite (model RSMAU) is a locking universal ceiling mount for inverted front projectors. It has the same features as the Chief RPM Elite RPMAU, only a smaller form factor. The mount adjusts in all directions (pitch, roll, and yaw) to give you a perfectly shaped projected picture. It has a quick connect/disconnect feature so you can conveniently remove the projector to change the lamp and filter. The mount maintains its angle, so you won't have to re-aim the projector when it is reattached.
Weight Capacity: The maximum weight to be installed on the mount is 25 pounds. It is recommended that the ceiling's structural members can support a redundant weight factor five times the weight of the equipment you intend to install. If the structure cannot support that amount of weight, the structure must be reinforced before you install the ceiling mount.
Construction: All components of the RSMAU are made of heavy-gauge steel for a secure and long-lasting mount.
Mounting Options: The RSM assembly can be mounted in variety of methods:
- Threaded Pipe: The RSM assembly has 1-1/2" diameter NPT threads to accommodate mounting to an extension pipe.
- Wood Studs: The unit can be attached to wood stud ceiling joists using four 1/4" x 3" lag bolts (not included).
- Concrete: The mount can be attached to concrete using four Toggler A10 Alligator concrete anchors and four 1/4" x 3" lag bolts (not included).
- Threaded Rods: The RSM can be secured to uni-strut, angle, or channel assembly overhead structural members (trusses or I-beams) using four #10-24" diameter threaded rods and nuts (not included)
Main Parts: The RSMAU consists of two main parts:
- RSM Assembly: Mounts to ceiling (see methods above) and includes adjustments for pitch, roll, and yaw.
- SSMU Universal Interface: Mounts to the bottom of the projector with the included legs and hardware. The inverted projector, with interface attached, fits and locks into the bottom of the RSM assembly.
Microzone Adjustments: The patent-pending Microzone technology lets you make fine adjustments easily and quickly using a #2 Phillips screwdriver. The pitch adjustment (setting the height of the projected image) is +/- 15°, the yaw adjustment (setting the left/right position of the projected image) is also +/- 10°, while the roll adjustment (leveling the projected image) is +/-4°.
Note: The total yaw adjustment is 360° for some mounting methods, but the setting can be finely adjusted +/- 20° once the projector is mounted.
Centris Technology: The patent-pending Centris Technology gives you effortless fingertip positioning of the projector. The mount self-adjusts to support different projector weights.
Cable Management: The top of the RSMAU projector mount has a 1-1/2" diameter hole that allows you to easily route cables without additional accessories.
Q-Lock Quick Release Lever: You can easily remove and reinstall the projector for quick maintenance. A simple lever holds the projector to the mount, while the Q-Lock provides enhanced security with an integrated key and lock system. When the projector is removed in this manner, the mounting registration is maintained, preventing you from losing your preset adjustments.
All-Points Security: The Chief RSMAU projector mount utilizes All-Points Security with its exclusive steel-into-steel locking hardware at all connection points to protect against theft. Using the supplied security hex head screws, requiring the use of the supplied security hex wrenches, secures the projector to the mount. Standard screws are also supplied if you choose not to use the special security hex screws.
Supplied Hardware: The RSMAU can accommodate a variety of projector mounting patterns and screw sizes. The mounting legs allows the SSMU plate to cover an area approximately 14.5" in diameter. The RSMAU comes with M3, M4, M5, and M6 mounting hardware in short (10-14mm) and long (25mm) lengths.
Required Tools: You will need the following tools to install the RSMAU ceiling mount:
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- Hex Wrenches: Supplied 1/4" standard and 3/8" Security Hex wrenches
- Other: Other tools, such as open end wrenches, hammer, drill and bit, may be needed depending upon the method of installation
- RSM Assembly: Width=5.07", Height=1.83", Depth=4.37"
- SSMU Plate: Width=6.25", Height=0.885", Depth=5.875" (w/legs 16.5"W x 1.875"H x 16.25")
- SSMU Base Plate: Width=6.625", Height=0.4375", Depth=6.25"
- RSMAU Assembled: Width=16.5", Height=3.25", Depth=16.25"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked