About the Sanus WSIWPSB1-W1 In-Wall Power Kit
Easily send power and signal to your TV
Easily send power and signal to your TV
Sometimes the ideal spot on the wall for your TV doesn't have a power outlet behind it. This kit from Sanus helps solve that problem by creating a recessed two-outlet AC receptacle behind your wall-mounted TV.
It allows you to conceal wiring behind the wall, giving you a neat, clean installation. There's even a slot to pass your HDMI, optical digital, or coaxial cables from behind the TV down the wall.
How it works
Use the included drywall saw to create one opening behind your TV, and another opening towards the bottom of the wall. The kit comes with two wall inserts, which connect together with the included in-wall power cable.
Once everything's installed, simply plug your TV's power cable into the top insert, and use the included extension cable to connect the bottom insert to a nearby AC outlet.
Add power to your sound bar, too
There's a third piece to this kit that wires into the bottom-mounted wall insert. It creates a single-outlet AC receptacle that's perfect for supplying power to a wall-mounted sound bar.
- 3-piece in-wall power kit for a wall-mounted TV and sound bar
- top-mounted insert creates a recessed 2-outlet AC receptacle
- connect your TV and a second device like a streaming stick or amplified TV antenna
- includes a pass-through for HDMI, optical digital, and coaxial cables
- fits behind most TV wall mounts
- includes a 1-outlet AC receptacle that installs behind a wall-mounted sound bar
- inserts are paintable to match your room's décor
- drywall saw and in-wall power cable included
- top insert: 6-1/2"W x 8"H x 3-15/16"D
- middle insert: 5-1/2"W x 2"H x 3"D
- bottom insert: 3"W x 4-3/4"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WSIWPSB1-W1
What's in the box:
- Power inlet box (attached 3.5' AC power cord and 8' AC power cord) Soundbar power inlet module (w/ rear cover and 2 screws)
- Power outlet module (with rear cover and 4 screws)
- 6' AC power extension cord
- Single-gang trim-plate (2 screws pre-installed)
- Single-gang box (2 screws pre-installed)
- Drywall saw
- Owners Guide
- "Attention" note
- Cutting Template
Sanus WSIWPSB1-W1 In-Wall Power Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sanus WSIWPSB1-W1 In-Wall Power Kit
TV & Soundbar In-Wall Power Kit: The Sanus WSIWPSB1 in-wall power and cable management kit easily conceals power, HDMI, optical, and other low-voltage wires behind the wall from your wall-mounted TV and soundbar. The Sanus WSIWPSB1 consists of a TV power inlet module, a soundbar power inlet module, and a AC power outlet module, plus in-wall rated AC power cords, an AC power extension cord, and mounting hardware.
Note: Not intended for use in Fire Rated walls or installations.
TV Power Inlet Module: The TV power inlet module installs behind or next to your wall-mounted TV. The TV power inlet module features two 3-prong AC receptacles, so you can connect and power your TV and a streaming device (such as an Apple TV or Roku). It also features two attached in-wall rated AC power cords that route through the wall to the soundbar power inlet and AC power outlet modules. There is a 3.5' AC power cord that will connect to the sound power inlet module and a 8' AC power cord that will connect to the AC power outlet module. You will need to cutout a rectangular opening in the wall to mount the TV power inlet module; integrated swivel mounting clamps secure the module to the wall (see below for cutout and dimensions).
- Outer Dimensions: 6.25" (w) x 8.0" (h) x 0.1875" (d)
- Cutout Dimensions: 5.3125" (w) x 6.0625" x 3.875" (d)
- Overall Dimensions: 6.25" (w) x 8.0" (h) x 4.0" (d)
Note: The TV power inlet module should be installed less than 3.5' away from the soundbar power inlet module and less than 8' away from the AC power outlet module to accommodate the attached in-wall rated power cables.
Soundbar Power Inlet Module: The soundbar power inlet module installs behind or next to your wall-mounted soundbar speaker. The 3.5' AC power cord of the TV power inlet module routes through the wall and connects inside the soundbar power inlet module giving you an AC power outlet on the wall to plug in your soundbar's AC power cord. You will need to cutout a rectangular opening in the wall to mount the soundbar power inlet module; integrated swivel mounting clamps secure the module to the wall (see below for cutout and dimensions).
- Outer Dimensions: 5.5" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 0.1875" (d)
- Cutout Dimensions: 4.9375" (w) x 1.4375" (h) x 2.875" (d)
- Overall Dimensions: 5.5" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 3.0625" (d)
Note: The soundbar power inlet module should be installed less than 3.5' away from the TV power inlet module to accommodate the attached in-wall rated power cable.
Power Outlet Module: The power outlet module installs next to an AC power receptacle in your home. The TV power inlet module's attached 8' in-wall AC power cord runs through the wall and mounts inside the power outlet. The included 6' AC power extension cable then plugs into the power outlet module, as well as an AC power receptacle in your home. The power outlet module will require a rectangular cutout in the wall and mounts with the included single-gang box and trim-plate (see below for cutout and dimensions).
- Outer Dimensions: 2.9375" (w) x 4.75" (h) x 0.25" (d)
- Cutout Dimensions: 2.4375" (w) x 4.25" (h) x 2.75" (d)
- Overall Dimensions: 2.9375" (w) x 4.75" (h) x 3.0" (d)
Note: The power outlet module should be installed less than 6' away from an AC power receptacle to accommodate the included AC power extension cable.
Brush-Style Grommets: The TV power inlet module and soundbar power inlet module feature brush-style grommets that route all your low-voltage cables (including HDMI, Optical, analog) between your wall-mounted TV and soundbar without damaging or kinking them. The brush design holds your cables and wires in place without letting them slip back behind the wall during installation.
Installation Notes: The Sanus WSIWPSB1 in-wall cable management kit is designed to fit into both interior and exterior walls with a minimum thickness of 0.5" and minimum space into wall of 4". The attached 3.5' and 8' in-wall AC power cords require a pass-through width of 1.75".
- Required Tools: Required tools include a stud-finder, philips-head screwdriver, flat-blade screwdriver, tape measure, and pencil. A drywall hand-saw is included.
- Paintable: The TV and soundbar power inlets, plus the AC power outlet are paintable, so you can paint them to match and blend in with your wall and decor. Make sure to not get any paint inside the AC power receptacles.
Note: Walls with blown-in type insulation may require removal of some insulation inside the cavity.
1 question already asked