About the Toshiba DVR620
Enjoy the flexibility of recording to either DVD or VHS with the Toshiba DVR620. It combines a DVD recorder and VCR in one space-saving package. Just connect a cable box or satellite receiver to capture your favorite TV shows. Internal dubbing from VHS to DVD, and vice versa, lets you back up your home movies and other non-copy-protected material. A flip-down door reveals front-panel inputs that provide a quick and easy way to record from other sources, such as a camcorder. And if you have an HDTV with an HDMI input, the DVR620 can upconvert DVDs to better match your set's high-resolution screen, so all your discs will look their best.
Shipping Note: Sorry, we can only ship Toshiba products to the 49 continental United States and Washington D.C.; we can't ship them to Hawaii or U.S. Territories. (Solamente es posible enviar productos de la Toshiba dentro los 49 estados unidos continentales y Washington D.C.)
- no built-in TV tuner requires a connection to a cable box or satellite receiver
- upconverts and displays DVD video at 720p/1080i/1080p via HDMI digital interface
- selectable progressive-scan playback for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)
- 5 DVD recording quality settings, 2 VHS recording speeds (SP, LP)
- coaxial digital audio output for Dolby® Digital/DTS®/PCM
- front-panel digital camcorder input (IEEE 1394)
- 2 sets audio/video inputs (composite, S-video), including 1 front-panel (composite)
- 1 set audio/video outputs (composite, S-video, 480i/480p component video, and HDMI)
- records to the following types of discs:
- write-once DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs, for making permanent recordings
- rewritable DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW, and DivX® discs
- plays audio CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 & WMA CDs
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG)
- auto DVD finalization
- one-touch timer recording
- two-way dubbing of non-copy-protected material
- remote control
- 17-3/16"W x 3-15/16"H x 12-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- Note: Internal dubbing of copy-protected DVDs is not possible.
- MFR # DVR620
What's in the box:
- DVD/VCR player/recorder combo
- Wireless remote control (SE-R0295)
- 2 "AA" batteries (stored in packing material)
- 59" Composite video cable
- 59" Stereo audio RCA cable
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Guide (English)
- Quick Guide (Spanish)
- Customer Service Contact sheet
- Digital Transition Notice
Toshiba DVR620 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Toshiba DVR620
Features & specs
|Number of Discs||1|
|Hard Drive Recorder||No|
|Hard Drive Capacity||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|RCA Audio Inputs||2 Pair|
|Composite Video Inputs||2|
|Component Video Inputs||No|
|Component Video Outputs||1|
Product Overview: The Toshiba D-VR620 can record video and audio to blank DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs, as well as VHS video cassettes. Two line inputs (one on the rear and one on the front) allow you to record from several sources. Although you can dub from DVD to VHS or from VHS to DVD, you cannot record from copyrighted materials.
Note: This unit does not feature a built-in tuner. An external tuner source is required to record television programming.
Audio D/A Converter: The unit has a 192kHz/24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter for excellent audio reproduction.
Video D/A Converter: This unit uses a 54MHz/10-bit video digital-to-analog converter, which reduces digital artifacts for a better picture.
HDMI Video Upconversion: The D-VR620 is equipped with an HDMI output, which transfers digital audio and uncompressed digital video to the TV on a single cable. The resolution for the HDMI output can be upconverted to 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.
Compatible Discs: This unit can record on the following blank 12cm or 8cm DVDs:
- DVD-RW: Version 1.1, 1.2, Version 1.1/2 CPRM Support (1x-6x)
- DVD-R: Version 2.0/2.1 (1x-16x)
- DVD+RW: 1x-4x speed
- DVD+R: 1x - 6x speed
Note: This unit will playback CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs, but will not record to them.
MP3/WMA Playback: In addition to DVDs and CDs, this unit will play MP3 and WMA audio files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 or Joliet formats. The playable bit rate range is 112-320 kbps (constant or variable bit rates) for MP3 and 48-192 kbps for WMA. This unit can read a maximum of 255 folders, up to 99 tracks per folder and a total of 999 files per disc.
Note: This unit cannot record to CD-R or CD-RW discs.
JPEG Disc Playback: This unit will play JPEG picture files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs using the ISO 9660 or Joliet formats. This unit supports JPEG images from 32 x 32 to 6300 x 5100 pixels. It can read a maximum of 255 folders, up to 99 tracks per folder and a total of 999 files per disc. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show with an interval of 5 or 10 seconds. You can zoom in on any selected image (2x or 4x), or rotate the image clockwise 90 degrees until the desired angle is selected.
DivX Playback: The D-VR620 is an official DivX Certified product. The unit supports the following DivX profiles - DivX 3.x, DivX 4.x, DivX 5.x, and DivX 6.0. The D-VR620 can support up to a 720 x 480 @ 30 fps and 720 x 576 @ 25 fps DivX image. The unit will recognize up to 255 folder or 999 files per disc recorded on CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, or DVD+R/RW.
Recording Methods: There are several methods for recording content onto a tape or disc.
- One-Touch Recording: You can record content from an external tuner source while watching program
- One-Touch Timer Recording: This function allows you to set the recording time in blocks of 30 minutes up to 8 hours for recording from an external tuner source.
- Timer Recording: You can program the unit to record up to 12 programs from an external tuner source within a month in advance. Daily or weekly program recordings are also available.
- Satellite Link: You can set the unit to start recording whenever it detects the video signal from the connected external tuner source.
- Bi-Direction Dubbing: You can copy from DVD to VCR, or from VCR to DVD. Recording of copyrighted material from DVD to VCR or from VCR to DVD is not allowed.
- DV Dubbing: This function lets you record contents from your digital video camcorder to this unit using the D-VR620 front-panel DV-input.
Simultaneous Record and Play: You can playback the DVD during VCR timer recording or one-touch recording. Also, you can playback the VCR during DVD timer recording or one-touch recording. You cannot record on the DVD and VCR simultaneously.
DVD Recording Speeds: The D-VR620 can record DVDs in any of five recording speeds: (using 4.7GB 12 cm disc)
- XP: records approximately 1 hour
- SP: records approximately 2 hours
- LP: records approximately 4 hours
- EP: records approximately 6 hours
- SLP: records approximately 8 hours
VCR Recording Speeds: You can record VHS tapes in either of two speeds: SP--Standard Play (2 hours on a T-120 tape) or SLP--Super Long Play (6 hours on a T-120 tape).
Note: In order to see the Recording Speed/REC MODE display on the television screen when recording utilizing the VCR side of this device, a connection from the VIDEO OUT jack is required.
Progressive Scan: This unit may be set to output a progressive scan video signal from the Color Stream Pro component video output. Progressive-scan picture quality is more film-like, with more fine detail and less flicker. Progressive-scan viewing requires a TV with a progressive scan compatible component video input.
Video Output: You can set the D-VR620's video output to 4:3 Letter-Box, 4:3 Pan&Scan or 16:9 Wide to match the aspect ratio of your connected television.
Recording Aspect Ratio: You can set the D-VR620 to record in a 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio for DVD recording.
Auto Chapter: You can automatically make chapter marks on the DVD while recording. You can select an interval of 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 60 minutes. Auto Chapter can also be turned off, if desired. Simultaneous Record and Play: You can playback the DVD during VCR timer recording or one-touch recording. Also, you can playback the VCR during DVD timer recording or one-touch recording. You cannot record on the DVD and VCR simultaneously.
Auto Finalizing: You can finalize disc automatically using this function. You can use this function to finalize discs after finishing all timer recordings and at the end of the disc space. You will need to finalize disc to play back on other DVD players.
Chase Playback: The Chase Playback function allows you to begin watching a DVD recording that is already in progress. Playback cannot start until at least 30 seconds of the program has been recorded. During playback of the DVD recording, you can pause, fast-forward, and fast-reverse the recording.
Rapid Playback: This function is available only on disc recorded in the Dolby Digital format, and plays back in a slightly faster (1.3x) or slower speed (0.8x) while keeping the sound outputs.
Instant Skip: You can skip TV commercials to enjoy the recorded programs without interruption. The Instant Skip feature searches ahead 30 seconds up to 180 seconds.
Index Search: An index mark will be assigned at the beginning of each recording you make on a VHS tape. You may skip to a specific marked point using Index Search.
Time Search: This feature allows you to go to a specific point on a cassette tape by entering the exact amount of time you wish to skip in order to reach the point.
Title List: The Title List feature allows you to check the titles recorded on your disc easily. You can choose a title to play back from this list and easily edit the titles as you prefer.
Editing Discs: This unit offers convenient editing functions which are possible only with DVD-RW/-R and DVD+RW/+R discs.
- Title Name Assignment: You can add a name to a disc or recorded title up to 30 characters long.
- Dividing Titles: You can divide a recorded video into two parts
- Combining Titles: You can combine two recorded videos into one movie
- Creating Playlist: You can create a playlist with up to 99 titles on a disc
- Erasing Playlist: You can also delete a playlist once it is no longer needed.
- Title Protection: You can protect certain videos recorded on a disc from being erased or edited.
- Chapter Marks: You can put chapter mark in each title. Once a chapter is marked, you can use it for the chapter search feature to find that section of the disc easily.
- Title Deletion: You can delete titles which you do not need anymore.
Black Level: You can adjust the black level to control the brightness of the picture in order to get a better picture.
Camera Angles: Some DVD-video discs have scenes shot from two or more angels to choose from.
Virtual Surround: You can enjoy stereophonic virtual space through your existing two channel stereo system.
Parental Lock: Some DVD-video discs feature a parental lock level. Playback will stop if the ratings exceed the levels you set; it will require you to enter a password before the disc will playback. This feature prevents your children from viewing inappropriate material.
Remote Control: The supplied SE-R0295 wireless remote can control the DVD/VCR recorder only.
HDMI Output: The D-VR620 has one rear panel HDMI output that can be used for DVD and VCR playback. You can set the HDMI output resolution to 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.
A/V Outputs: The DVD/VCR audio/video outputs include a component video, composite video, and S-video output along with a pair of stereo RCA output terminals. These A/V outputs can be used for either DVD or VCR playback.
Digital Outputs: The coaxial digital output can both pass a Dolby Digital or DTS bitstream to an A/V receiver with surround decoders.
A/V Inputs: The D-VR620 features two sets of A/V inputs, one on the rear panel and one on the front panel, each featuring stereo RCA audio and composite video jacks. The rear-panel AV input also features an S-Video jack.
DV Input: This unit has a front panel DV input terminal which supports input from a DV-format digital camcorder. You can record to DVD or VCR from the camcorder. In the DVD mode, you can use Play, F.Fwd, Rew, Pause/Still, and Stop on the front panel or remote control of this unit to control the DV camcorder. You cannot control the camcorder while in the VCR mode.
The Toshiba DVR620 replaces these items
- front-panel digital camcorder and audio/video inputs
- records from VHS to DVD and DVD to VHS
- no built-in TV tuner requires a connection to a cable box or satellite receiver
10 questions already asked