About the Toshiba SD-P1400
Watch your next "in-flight" movie on Toshiba's compact SD-P1400 DVD portable. Its built-in 7" widescreen LCD provides an eyeful of pleasingly crisp, colorful images, yet the player is no bigger than a hardcover book. Take this player on the road and use your car's cigarette lighter to power endless hours of movies and music a great way to keep kids in the back seat happy during long car trips.
The built-in stereo speakers are fine for most conditions, but adding a pair of headphones provides sound that's much bigger and more involving. Two headphone jacks let two people plug in and listen simultaneously without disturbing anyone else.
These days most people have a dedicated DVD player for their home A/V system, but the SD-P1400 can fill that role, as well. The supplied video adapter cable lets you choose a composite or S-video connection for your TV. A mini-optical digital output sends a multichannel signal to your Dolby® Digital receiver. (Mini-optical-to-Toslink cable not included see Accessories.)
Shipping Note: Sorry, we can only ship Toshiba products to the 49 continental United States and Washington D.C.; we can't ship them to Hawaii or U.S. Territories. (Solamente es posible enviar productos de la Toshiba dentro los 49 estados unidos continentales y Washington D.C.)
- 7" widescreen LCD
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-R, and Video CD
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 and WMA CD-R & CD-RW
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG)
- Digital Picture Zoom
- progressive-scan DVD playback on built-in screen
- digital minijack output (optical or coaxial) for Dolby Digital/DTS®/PCM
- built-in stereo speakers
- 2 mini stereo headphone jacks
- 3D Virtual Surround Sound for enhanced sound when using the player with stereo speakers or headphones
- 1 A/V output (adapter included)
- S-video output (requires supplied adapter)
- 3-hour rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- AC adapter
- cigarette lighter power adapter
- credit card-style remote control
- 192kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter
- 7-15/16"W x 1-5/16"H x 7-13/16"D
- weight: 3.24 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # SD-P1400
What's in the box:
- Portable DVD/CD player with 7" LCD screen
- SD-PBP14 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (7.4V/4200mAh)
- ADP-36CH AC adapter with attached 46" cord (Output: 12.0 Volts/3.0 Amps)
- Cigarette lighter adapter with attached 4' coiled cord
- 56" AC power cord
- 56" Audio/Video cable (has left and right RCA audio connectors and an RCA composite video connector on one end and a minijack connector on the other end)
- 56" S-video cable (has an S-video connector on one end and a minijack connector on the other end)
- MEDRO5UX wireless remote control
- 1 CR2025 lithium battery
- Owner's Manual (English/French)
- Quick Guide (Spanish)
- Registration Card
- Canadian Warranty Registration card
- "Stop-Need Help?" sheet
More details on the Toshiba SD-P1400
Video D/A Converter: The SD-P1400 uses a 54MHz/10-bit video digital-to-analog converter, which reduces digital artifacts for a better picture and provides unsurpassed color purity, color detail and resolution.
Audio D/A Converter: This unit has a 192kHz/24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter for superb audio reproduction.
LCD Screen: The built-in 7" (diagonal) widescreen LCD features a resolution of 480 x 234 pixels. You can change the size of the picture to fit the screen, or, if connected to an optional TV or monitor, you can turn off the LCD screen. For DVDs, Video CDs, and audio CDs, you can choose from 4:3 Normal, 4:3 Letterbox, or 16:9 Widescreen.
Lithium Ion Battery: A rechargeable lithium ion battery is included and attaches to the bottom of the DVD player. The battery's output is 7.4 volts and capacity is 4200 mAh, which equates to a playback time of approximately 3 hours using the LCD screen. If you are viewing the video on an external TV, you can turn off the LCD monitor to increase playback time. The charging time is approximately 4 hours. The battery is recharged while connected to the DVD player using the AC adapter, however, the battery does not charge while the player is being used.
MP3/WMA Playback: This unit will play MP3/WMA audio files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, and CD-ROM discs using the ISO 9660 format. MP3 files with a constant bit rate of 32-320 kbps and WMA files with a constant bit rate of 48-192 kbps are supported. Each disc can have a maximum of 650 files.
JPEG Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-R, CD-RW, and CD-ROM discs using the ISO 9660 format. Baseline and progressive JPEG files are supported. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show. You can zoom in on any selected image (2x, 3x or 4x), or rotate/flip the image until the desired angle is selected. Additionally, you can play the files in random order, or repeat the current folder or current file.
Enhanced Audio Mode: You can choose from the following Enhanced Audio Modes:
- 3D: provides expansive virtual surround sound effects from just two speakers
- 3D (Headphone): provides virtual surround sound effects when using headphones
- Dialog: controls critical center channel information to make dialogue more intelligible
Zoom: The Zoom feature allows you to get an increasingly close-up view of the image. Each press of the Zoom button increases the magnification to Zoom 1 (2x), Zoom 2 (3x), or Zoom 3 (4x). Once the image is enlarged, you can move the zoomed image around the screen.
Image Reduction: Using the Zoom button, you can reduce the size of the image to 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 normal size.
Automatic LCD Off Function: If the player is stopped or the screen saver is engaged for approximately 20 minutes, the LCD screen is automatically turned off.
Resume Playback: The resume feature allows you to resume playback of a disc from the point where you last stopped. The stopping point is cleared when the Stop button is pressed more than once, power is turned off, or the disc is removed.
Remote Control: The unit can be controlled by the supplied remote control. The player's infrared eye is located on the front of the player's bottom portion, giving you line-of-sight access with the lid open or closed.
Cigarette Lighter Adapter: The supplied cigarette lighter adapter allows you to power the SD-P1400 in your vehicle.
Parental Lock Function: You can select a parental control rating from 0-8, which is protected by a 5-digit password.
Bitstream/PCM Jack: This minijack output allows you to connect the SD-P1400 to a receiver or decoder with a coaxial or optical digital input.
Digital Audio Output Setup: The setup menu allows you to select the type of digital audio signal the player will output and the sampling frequency (48kHz or 96kHz, depending upon the capability of the connected receiver/processor). You can choose from the following digital audio signal types:
- Bitstream: select when connected to an amplifier equipped with a Dolby Digital, DTS, MPEG1, or MPEG2 decoder
- Analog 2ch: select when connected to a TV or stereo system via the analog audio jacks
- PCM: select when connected to a stereo amplifier using the digital audio input
A/V Out: Using the supplied audio/video cable, this minijack output allows you to connect the SD-P1400 to an external monitor with an RCA composite video jack and a receiver with left and right RCA audio jacks.
S-Video: Using the supplied S-video cable, this minijack output allows you to connect the SD-P1400 to an external monitor with an S-video jack.
Headphone Jack: For private listening, you can connect up to two sets of headphones to the provided minijack outputs. When headphones are plugged in, the built-in speakers are muted.
- With LCD Open
at 90°: W=7.891",
H=6.902", D=7.778" (including battery)
- Note: The LCD can be opened up to approximately 180°, making the total depth approximately 11-15/16" and total height approximately 1.255".
- With LCD Closed: W=7.891", H=1.279", D=7.778" (including battery)