About the Nikon AF-S DX 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Lens
Nikon designed this wide-angle lens specifically for their DX SLR cameras, like the D90 or D300. It gives you a huge field of view for superb and sweeping landscape photography. Snap wide outdoor photos that show the scope of a scene capture the majestic height of a giant redwood in a national park or the bustle of a wide city street. And the lens is also great for indoor photography. The ultra-wide-angle view will let you fit a large group of people in a single photo, so you can pack your room with party guests and record everyone in attendance.
World-class Nikon optics ensure accurate, razor-sharp results. A multi-coating on the lens minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view from one edge to the other thanks to two ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements and three aspherical lens elements. And Nikon's built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus very fast and nearly silent. You'll be able to quickly focus on your subject and snap images of candid moments.
- AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED lens
- designed for use with Nikon DX digital SLR cameras
- 15-36mm effective focal length with APS-C sensor cameras
- ideal for wide-angle shots of landscapes and scenery
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- minimum focus distance: 10 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 14 elements in 9 groups
- contains two ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- three aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 4-1/2" long
- weight: 16.2 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, lens case, front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2181
What's in the box:
- 10-24mm AF-S DX Nikkor lens
- HB-23 Lens hood
- LC-77 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CL-1118 Flexible lens pouch
- Instruction Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 11 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
More details on the Nikon AF-S DX 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Lens
Overview: This item is an AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm, f/3.5-4.5G ED, wide angle zoom lens, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness when using Nikon digital SLR DX format cameras with APS-C image sensors.
Built-in CPU: The lens has a built-in CPU which allows it to communicate with the camera body for focus and exposure functions. A set of CPU contacts is located on the lens mount for interfacing with the camera body.
Auto Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation. The manual/auto focus mode switch allows quick response to situations requiring manual focus operation.
Aperture: Because there is no aperture ring on this lens, the aperture must be set on the camera.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a fully-automatic, 7-blade diaphragm that produces a rounded aperture. Out-of-focus images in front of or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
Optional Accessories: Compatible optional accessories include 77mm screw-on filters.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 10mm to 24mm (the 35mm equivalent is approximately 15mm-36mm when using a camera body with an APS-C image sensor)
- Closest Focus Distance: 10.5 inches (0.24m) using auto focus, 8.7 inches (0.22m) using manual focus
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (at 10mm) to f/4.5 (at 24mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (at 10mm) to f/29 (at 24mm)
- Angle of View: 109° (at 10mm) to 61° (at 24mm)
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 9 groups with 3 aspherical and 2 ED glass elements
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood:
- Length: 4.451" to 4.711"
- Diameter: 3.257"
- With Lens Hood:
- Length: 5.676"
- Diameter: 4.270"
- Without Lens Hood:
- Weight: approximately 16.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.