Nikon Z6 Filmmaker's Kit
24.5-megapixel full-frame mirrorless camera with filmmaking accessories
Item # 05413545 | MFR # 13545
$3,996.95 Earn up to 3,997 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Nikon Z6 Filmmaker's Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Everything you need to create spectacular movies (and amazing still images too!)
Nikon's Z6 Filmmaker's kit lets you express your cinematic vision with pro-level picture and sound quality. Designed with the same standards as the undeniably impressive D850 DSLR, the Z6 blends speed and performance with advanced movie features — and packs it all into a slim but rugged camera body that weighs just over a pound.
The Z6 Filmmaker's kit includes a shotgun mic, a handheld gimbal stabilizer, an external monitor, and more. You also get a free 12-month Vimeo Pro subscription and a free Nikon School online class on the art of making music videos.
4K movies bring your vision to life in Ultra High Definition
The Z6 records 4K movies at rates of up to 30 frames per second, using the full width and resolution of the camera's FX-format sensor. The large sensor allows for shooting with no crop factor using any full-frame Nikkor lens, and output is clean even at higher ISOs.
Pro-level movie features
Experienced videographers will appreciate some of the Z6's more advanced recording features. Nikon's N-Log format preserves more details, reducing heavy shadows and blown-out highlights for movies with up to 12 stops of dynamic range for more precise color grading in post processing.
Nikon's new View Assist function displays simple gradation compensation for easier spot-checking of focus and exposure. And a 10-bit HDMI output lets you record 4K footage to an optional external recorder for smoother, richer post-processing. You can also simultaneously record uncompressed 8-bit 4K movie files to the memory card and an external drive.
A natural choice for Nikon DSLR shooters
If you're a loyal Nikon user, you'll notice that the Z6 has a familiar look and feel. Only it's much slimmer and lighter than the camera bodies you're used to lugging around. It still has a sturdy frame with a substantial grip, and the controls are all where you'd expect to find them. Plus it works with Nikon accessories for a seamless transition from your old DSLR system to a new mirrorless system.
Keep using your favorite F-mount Nikkor lenses
Nikon has already released a few high-quality native lenses for its Z-mount mirrorless cameras, but you don't have to wait for more options to max out this camera's imaging potential. You can use your existing F-mount Nikkor lenses with the included Mount Adapter FTZ. This adapter provides full AF/AE support for any F-mount lens with a built-in AF motor (AF-S and AF-P lenses).
Dial in the sound
The included RODE VideoMic Pro+ lets you give superior sound quality to your creations. Digital switching — including a 2-stage high-pass filter, 3-stage gain control, and high-frequency boost — ensures the best capture of the audio signal at the source, cutting down on editing time. Audio levels can be adjusted in 20 increments on the Z6.
Free yourself from your tripod
The included Moza Air 2 handheld gimbal stabilizer lets you pan, tilt, and follow moving subjects smoothly and accurately. Create dynamic shots, film from all kinds of different angles, and track even the hardest to follow subjects.
An external monitor expands your recording options
The included Atomos Ninja V 4K external monitor is ideal for the Z6's 4K UHD full-frame video output via HDMI. The Ninja V's bright, vivid screen makes it easier to judge exposure during HDR monitoring. Record in 4K 10-bit and N-Log format, or simultaneously record uncompressed 8-bit 4K movie files to the memory card and the monitor.
The included Moza Magic 11.8" articulating arm lets you attach the Ninja V to the Moza Air 2 gimbal.
Image stabilization with any lens
The Z6 has built-in five-axis VR image stabilization for consistently shake-free videos — perfect for shooting handheld in low light. Hybrid VR combines optical and electronic VR stabilization for even steadier shots — great if you don't have a tripod handy.
All your favorite F-mount lenses can benefit from the camera's built-in stabilization too. Lenses without built-in VR gain three-axis stabilization, while lenses that have built-in VR gain an additional roll axis for three-axis VR stabilization.
Intuitive touchscreen shooting
The Z6's large 3.2" touchscreen tilts to help you compose shots from high or low angles. You can tap the screen to focus and trigger the shutter, swipe through photos and videos, pinch to zoom, and navigate settings, just like you would on your smartphone.
An ultra-high-resolution viewfinder
You can also use the Z6's QUAD VGA electronic viewfinder for shooting stills and video. It has the feel of an optical viewfinder, only it lets you preview changes to your settings in real time, and will also let you view the photo or video you just shot. Its icon-driven info display is easy on the eyes, and you can also pull up a customizable menu right in the viewfinder to make quick adjustments to your settings without taking your eye off your subject.
Fast, accurate autofocus
With 273 on-sensor phase-detect autofocus points, the Z6 lets you acquire your subject immediately and keeps you locked on target, even when your subject is on the move. The camera's powerful Subject Tracking lets you follow a single face in a crowd, tracking the upper body too, so focus is maintained even if your subject briefly turns away from the camera or moves out of view.
- 24.5-megapixel FX format full-frame CMOS sensor
- backside-illuminated sensor for improved performance in low light
- EXPEED 6 image processor for high-resolution, low-noise photos and fast autofocus performance
- includes NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S zoom lens
- included accessories for filmmaking:
- Moza Air 2 3-axis handheld gimbal stabilizer
- Moza Magic 11.8" articulating arm
- Rode Videomic Pro+ shotgun microphone
- Atomos Ninja V 4K external recording monitor (Atomos batteries and hard drive not included)
- 12-month Vimeo Pro subscription
- free online course: The Art of Making Music Videos
- compatible with Nikon Z-mount lenses
- included Nikon Mount Adapter FTZ allows you to use Nikon F-mount lenses
- includes two rechargeable EN-EL15b lithium ion batteries and battery charger
- built-in Wi-Fi allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- Nikon SnapBridge technology with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for wireless image transfer to compatible mobile devices
- requires free SnapBridge app
- 3.2" high-resolution 2.1-million-dot LCD tilting touchscreen with color balance and brightness control
- provides a 170° viewing angle
- high-resolution 3.69-million-dot Quad VGA OLED electronic viefinder with color balance and brightness control
- provides 100% frame coverage
- extensive weather sealing to withstand moisture, dust, and heavy use
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- supports HDR movie production with Nikon's N-Log gamma profile
- 10-bit 4:2:2 HDMI output lets you record cinema-quality video to an external monitor
- built-in dust-reduction system keeps image sensor clean for spotless photos
- hybrid autofocus system switches between focal-plane phase-detect AF and contrast-detect AF for fast, accurate focusing even in dim light
- 273 phase-detection AF points cover 90% of the frame
- built-in 5-axis VR image stabilization helps keep photos and videos blur- and shake-free
- includes rechargeable EN-EL15b lithium ion battery, charger, USB cable, and neck strap
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- up to 12 frames per second at full resolution in high-speed continuous shooting mode
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- shutter speed range: 30-1/8000 seconds, bulb, time, X200
- ISO range: 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50 to 204800 equivalents)
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds
- high-speed sync mode lets you synchronize the flash to shutter speeds up to 1/8000
- no built-in flash — works with Nikon Speedlights
File Formats and Storage:
- records in RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG formats
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 8256 x 5504
- movie file formats: MOV, MP4
- records photos and videos onto optional XQD memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- super-speed micro USB (Type C) interface (cable included) for fast data transfer, charging, and tethered shooting
- mini HDMI (Type C) output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm microphone input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5-5/16"W x 4"H x 2-11/16"D (camera body only)
- weight (camera body only): 20.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.2"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-70mm|
XQD Memory Card |
|Image Stabilization||Sensor Shift|
|Highest Resolution||6048 x 4024|
|Video Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||23.9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|