About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Wide-angle lens for expansive panoramic photos
Wide-angle lens for expansive panoramic photos
Use this impressive lens with one of Nikon's FX or DX SLR cameras. It gives you dramatic wide-angle shooting — ideal for capturing sweeping landscapes or the scope of a large indoor scene. And a large maximum aperture throughout the focal range means you'll be able to capture well-exposed photos, even when shooting in lower light with slower shutter speeds.
Superior optical performance
World-class Nikon optics ensure accurate, razor-sharp results. A multi-coating on the lens minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to two ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements and three aspherical elements. And Nikon's built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus very fast and nearly silent. You'll be able to quickly focus on your subject and snap images of candid moments.
- AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED wide-angle zoom lens
- designed for use with Nikon FX or DX digital SLR cameras
- 21-36mm effective focal length with DX sensor cameras
- ideal for wide-angle shots of landscapes and scenery
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- minimum focus distance: 12 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- contains two ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- three aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- built-in lens hood
- lens is 3-7/8" in diameter, 5-7/16" long
- weight: 34.2 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens case, front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2163
What's in the box:
- 14-24mm AF-S Nikkor lens
- Fixed lens hood
- Slip-on front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CL-M3 Soft lens case with adjustable shoulder strap
- Instruction Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 8 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Overview: This item is an AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm, f/2.8G ED, ultra wide angle zoom lens, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness when using both the Nikon FX- (23.9 x 36mm) and DX- format image sensors.
Construction: The two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and three aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast even at the widest aperture settings. The exclusive Nano Crystal Coating further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
Built-in CPU: The lens has a built-in CPU which allows it to communicate with the camera body for focus and exposure functions. A set of CPU contacts is located on the lens mount for interfacing with the camera body.
Auto Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation. The manual/auto focus mode switch allows quick response to situations requiring manual focus operation.
Zoom Control: The lens features a large, textured manual zoom ring for easy zooming control.
Aperture: Because there is no aperture ring on this lens, the aperture must be set on the camera.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a fully-automatic, 9-blade diaphragm that produces a nearly circular aperture. Out-of-focus images in front of or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S Zoom-Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: external filters are not compatible
- Focal Length: 14mm to 24mm (the 35mm equivalent is approximately 21mm-36mm when using a camera body with an APS-C image sensor)
- Closest Focus Distance: 11 inches at focal lengths of 18mm-24mm; 11-3/4 inches at focal lengths less than 18mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups with 3 aspherical and 2 ED glass elements (some elements Nano Crystal Coated)
- Focal Length Scale: 14mm, 15mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 24mm
- Physical Dimensions:
- Length: 5.42"
- Diameter: 3.85"
- Weight: approximately 34.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?