About the Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 Binoculars
Focus in the field
Focus in the field
Multi-layer coating on the Monarch HG 8x42's lenses and prisms give you bright, high-resolution images.
Take to the field no matter what the conditions with the Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 binoculars. The wide 435-foot field of view at 1,000 yards makes it easy to move with the action, while the locking diopters keep your settings from unintended drift. So you can keep your eyes on the image, whether you're scanning the treetops for tanagers in brilliant sunshine, or watching your kid move down the field from the bleachers in a downpour.
Bright images and rugged construction
These binoculars use premium optical elements with ED (extra-low dispersion) glass. Advanced reflective coatings help them deliver up to 92% higher light transmittance and beautiful natural color fidelity. Nikon's Field Flattener lens system ensures an in-focus image from edge to edge. And the textured rubberized coating on the body keeps your grip secure — wet or dry — and lends extra shock-resistance to the substantial magnesium alloy construction.
- 8x binoculars with durable rubberized coating and ED (extra-low dispersion) coated glass lenses
- central focus knob
- lightweight, slim-profile magnesium alloy body
- locking diopter control maintains your setting
- long eye relief with turn-and-slide eyecups for comfortable fit even if you wear glasses
- dielectric, high-reflective multilayer prism coating delivers high-contrast, color-accurate images
- waterproof and fogproof
- durable, rugged rubber coating gives a solid grip whether wet or dry
Specifications and dimensions:
- magnification: 8x
- objective diameter: 42mm
- angular field of view: 8.3° (real), 60.3° (apparent)
- field of view at 1,000 yards: 435 feet
- close focus distance: 6.6 feet
- relative brightness: 28.1
- exit pupil: 5.3mm
- eye relief: 17.8mm
- interpupillary distance adjustment: 56-74mm
- includes travel case, padded adjustable strap, and lens covers
- length: 5-11/16"
- width: 5-3/16"
- weight: 23.5 ounces
- warranty: lifetime limited warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16027
What's in the box:
- Monarch HG 8x42 binoculars
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps (installed)
- 2 Objective rubber rings
- Neck strap
- Black storage case
- Instruction Manual
- (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Binocular General Instruction Manual (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 Binoculars
Overview: The Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 is a premium binocular with high-grade optics, a tough magnesium alloy body, and rubberized panels for a reliable grip. It comes with a neck strap, eyepiece caps, flip-down objective lens caps, and a semi-rigid storage case.
Optics: The Monarch HG 42mm binocular delivers excellent optical performance due to its ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and high-quality multi-layer coatings on the lenses and prisms. The eyepiece and objective lenses are protected by scratch-resistant coatings, and the interior lenses are protected from fogging, even a high altitudes. The Field Flattener Lens System gives you a wide field-of-view and clear, sharp images to the edges of the lens.
Waterproof: The Monarch HG is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to prevent fogging, and to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. The binoculars should suffer no damage to the optical system if submerged or dropped in water to a maximum depth of 5 meters (16.4 feet) for up to 10 minutes. The Monarch HG can be used in areas of high humidity or rain without worry.
Focusing Ring: The Monarch HG has a Dach prism central focusing system with a focusing ring that makes it easy to bring your subject into focus.
Locking Diopter Ring: The right eyepiece has a diopter ring for adjusting the binoculars to your eyesight. You can pull up the ring and rotate it clockwise or counterclockwise to bring the object into focus. Once you have focused the diopter, pressing the ring back down locks in your personal setting. A diopter index indicates the "0" position, as well as "+" and "-" positions.
Eyecups: The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. When wearing eyeglasses, you should leave the eyepiece fully retracted. The Monarch HGs offer a long, 17.8mm eye relief, allowing you to get a full field-of-view through the binoculars.
Objective Rubber Rings: You can use the flip-up objective lens covers that come installed on the Monarch HG, or you can remove them to install the screw-on objective rubber rings. If you typically store the binoculars in the case with the rubber rings attached, the binocular may accumulate dirt or dust on the objective lenses.
Rubber Coating: The body of the Monarch HG has a durable rubber-armored coating to give you a non-slip grip, and to protect the binoculars in virtually any weather.
- Model: Monarch HG 8x42
- Prism Type: Roof prism
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 6.6' (2 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 8.3° Real, 60.3° Apparent
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 435 feet (145 meters at 1000 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 5.3mm
- Relative Brightness: 28.1
- Eye Relief: 17.8mm
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-74mm
- Weight: 23.5 ounces