About the Nikon LaserForce Rangefinder 10x42 Binoculars
Focus in the field
Focus in the field
The LaserForce's neatly integrated rangefinder has large, top-mounted buttons you can operate even with gloves on.
Take to the field no matter what the conditions with the Nikon LaserForce Rangefinder 10x42 binoculars. The wide 320-foot field of view at 1,000 yards makes it easy to track moving action, and turn-and-slide eyecups let you dial in a comfortable view. So you can keep your eyes on the image, whether you're scanning the mountainside for bighorns in brilliant sunshine, or watching wild turkeys forage across the field in a steady rain.
Fast and accurate rangefinder
As a rangefinder, the LaserForce can lock in on targets up to 1,900 yards away. You can take instant measurements or scan continuously for up to eight seconds. And built-in Incline/Decline technology gives you the choice to view a slope-adjusted distance to your target, so you can get a more accurate sense of its relative position.
Bright images and rugged construction
These rangefinder binoculars use premium optical elements with ED (extra-low dispersion) glass. Advanced reflective coatings help them deliver up to 92% higher light transmittance and beautiful natural color fidelity. And the textured rubberized coating on the body keeps your grip secure — wet or dry — and lends extra shock-resistance to the substantial aluminum alloy construction.
- 10x rangefinder binoculars with durable rubberized coating and ED (extra-low dispersion) coated glass lenses
- central focus knob
- lightweight, slim-profile aluminum alloy body
- long eye relief with turn-and-slide eyecups for comfortable fit even if you wear glasses
- dielectric, high-reflective multilayer prism coating delivers high-contrast, color-accurate images
- waterproof and fogproof
- durable, rugged rubber coating gives a solid grip whether wet or dry
- magnification: 10x
- objective diameter: 42mm
- angular field-of-view: 6.1° (real), 56.1° (apparent)
- field of vision at 1,000 yards: 320 feet
- eye relief: 15.5mm
- measurement range: 10-1,900 yards
- reflective targets (like metal or glass): 1,900 yards
- trees: 1,400 yards
- deer: 1,100 yards
- Incline/Decline technology displays slope-adjusted distance
- OLED display with 4-step intensity adjustment
- displays in 0.1-yard increments up to 100 yards, and 1-yard increments over 100 yards
- auto power shut-off saves battery life by shutting down after 8 seconds of non-use.
- requires 1 CR2 battery (included)
- works with tripod using TRA-3/Hard Type (H) adapter (sold separately)
- includes travel case, padded adjustable strap, and lens covers
- 5-1/4"W x 2-13/16"H x 5-13/16"D
- weight: 30.9 ounces
- warranty: lifetime limited warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16212
What's in the box:
- 10 x 42 Rangefinder binocular
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps (installed)
- CR2 battery
- Neck strap
- Black soft case
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon LaserForce Rangefinder 10x42 Binoculars
Overview: The Nikon LaserForce (#16212) 10 x 42 Rangefinder Binocular is a 1900-yard laser rangefinder that utilizes the optical performance of Nikon binoculars. The LaserForce rangefinder can be a valuable tool for numerous outdoor activities, as well as hunting, forestry, construction, utility work, and surveying. The unit is compact and lightweight, with a durable rainproof finish for a non-slip grip. LaserForce is powered by a 3-volt CR2 Lithium battery (included), and comes with a neck strap, flip-down objective lens caps, an eyepiece cap, and a handy storage case. The rangefinder is covered by Nikon's limited lifetime warranty.
ID (Incline/Decline) Technology: LaserForce uses Nikon's advanced Incline/Decline (ID) Technology to measure both the horizontal distance and the actual distance to the target, even when ranging at uphill or downhill angles. The rangefinder automatically detects whether the shot is on an incline or decline and adds or subtracts yardage based on the slope. The slope-adjusted distance is equal to the horizontal distance ± height. ID Technology is available at angles up to ±89 degrees (nearly vertical). It makes LaserForce a valuable tool for rifle or bow hunting, as well as golfing. Using the Mode button, you can cycle between Horizontal Distance and Actual Distance.
Operation: LaserForce laser rangefinder gives you fast and simple measurements by pressing the top-mounted power button. The unit emits invisible, infrared energy pulses (Class 1M Laser) that reflect off of the selected target back to its optical receiver. The distance is instantly calculated and displayed on an internal red OLED panel. Pressing the power button once starts a single measurement, while pressing and holding the button starts continuous measurements. If measurement fails, measurement continues for up to approximately 4 seconds (8 seconds for continuous) until results are obtained.
Internal Display Luminance: You can manually adjust the brightness of the internal display. At the factory, the rangefinder is set to IL 4, the brightest setting. In the menu, the luminance can be set to any of 4 manual brightness settings: IL 1 (darkest) to IL 4 (brightest).
Nikon Optics: LaserForce uses lead- and arsenic-free Nikon glass and full multi-layer coating technology to give you clear views with high contrast. A reflective mirror coating on the mirror surface of the roof prism unit makes the images bright and clear. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass is used to correct chromatic aberration that causes color fringing for high-resolution, contrast-rich images.
Diopter Ring: The viewfinder has a diopter ring for adjusting the rangefinder to your eyesight. A diopter index indicates "+" and "-" positions, and has an range of ±4 m⁻¹.
Eye Relief: LaserForce's eyepiece provides a long 15.5mm eye relief for easy viewing, even with eyeglasses.
Distance Measurements: Distances from 10 to 1900 yards, or 9 to 1730 meters. You can switch the units of measurement from yards to meters by pressing the top-mounted Mode button. The distance is displayed in increments of 0.1 meter/yard at distances shorter than 100 meters/yards, and every 1 meter/yard at disnatnces of 100 meters/yards and over.
Weatherproof Design: LaserForce has an IPX7 weatherproof design so you can use it in wet conditions. It is waterproof up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. The unit is equipped with O-ring seals to prevent moisture from entering the body. In addition, the rangefinder's internal cavity is purged using nitrogen gas to prevent fogging, molding, and thermal shock. The rangefinder binocular has an operating temperature range of -4° to +140° mechanically, and +14° to +122° electrically. Operating humidity is 80% RH or less without dew condensation.
Power Requirements: LaserForce operates on a single 3-volt CR-2 Lithium battery (included). Battery status is displayed in the viewfinder during normal operations. A new CR-2 battery has enough energy to perform continuous measurements approximately 4,000 times.
- Model: LaserForce
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Angular Field of View (real): 6.1°
- Angular Field of View (apparent): 56.1°
- Measuring Range: 10-1900 yards (9-1730 meters)
- Maximum Distance Measurements:
- Deer: 1100 yards (1000m)
- Tree: 1400 yards (1280m)
- Close Focusing Distance: 23 feet (7 meters)
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 58-72mm
- Exit Pupil: 4.2mm
- Brightness: 17.6
- Eye Relief: 15.5mm
- Diopter Adjustment: ±4 m⁻¹
- Dimensions: Width 5.2" Height 5.8" Depth 2.8"
- Weight: 30.9 oz. (without battery)