About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
This premium Nikon lens delivers impressive wide-angle shooting throughout its zoom range on a full-frame camera such as the Nikon D700. Take expansive photos of ocean and beach scenes, or fit a large group of people into a single frame. On Nikon DX cameras like the D300s, which have smaller sensors, you'll also add "normal" focal lengths. They're ideal for capturing scenes the same way you see them with your own eyes. And a large maximum aperture throughout the focal range means you'll be able to capture well-exposed photos, even when shooting in lower light with slower shutter speeds.
Superior clarity from every photo
World-class Nikon optics ensure accurate, razor-sharp results. A multi-coating on the lens minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to two ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements and three aspherical lens elements. And Nikon's built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus very fast and nearly silent. You'll be able to quickly focus on your subject and snap images of candid moments.
Compensates for hand-held shooting
The lens has built-in vibration reduction so your photos will come out crisp in all different sorts of lighting conditions. Built-in motion sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly compensating for camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures — even in low-light conditions where slower shutter speeds and hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens.
- AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR lens
- designed for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras
- 24-52.5mm effective focal length with APS-C sensor cameras
- built-in vibration reduction for dramatically sharper still images and video capture (enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than without VR)
- ideal for wide-angle and "normal" shots
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- minimum focus distance: 11 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/4
- lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- contains two ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- three aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-1/4" in diameter, 4-15/16" long
- weight: 24 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- bayonet lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and soft case
- MFR # 2182
What's in the box:
- 16-35mm AF-S Nikkor f/4G ED VR lens
- HB-23 Lens hood
- LC-77 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CL-1120 Soft lens pouch
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fren/Span + 9 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product registration card
- Nikon extended warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Nikon F-mount|
|Sensor Size||Full frame|
|Lens Type||Wide angle zoom|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
Overview: The Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-35mm, f/4G ED VR lens is wide angle zoom lens, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness. It is designed for general photography, especially for travel, landscapes, and cityscapes.
Nano Crystal Coat: The lens has a Nano Crystal Coat to reduce ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
ED Elements: Two built-in Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest available aperture.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: You can easily switch between manual and auto focus operation by using the convenient M/A Focus Mode Switch, located on the barrel of the lens.
Nikon VR II Image Stabilization: Engineered specifically for each VR Nikkor lens, the Vibration Reduction II Image Stabilization enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. Vibration Reduction is through a lens-shift method using voice coil motors (VCMs).
Internal Focus: The Internal Focus feature provides quiet auto focus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 9-blade diaphragm, which renders a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S Zoom-Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 16 - 35mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 1.0' at 16mm, 35mm; 0.9' at 20-28mm
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups with 3 aspherical and 2 ED glass elements, and some Nano Crystal Coat-deposited lens elements
- Picture Angle:
- 107° - 63° with 35mm (135) format Nikon film SLR cameras and Nikon FX format digital SLR cameras
- 83° - 44° with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- 94° - 52° with IX240 system cameras
- Dimensions: Diameter: 3.2", Length: 4.9"
- Weight: approximately 24 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR replaces these items
- 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-53mm on DX format cameras
- zooms from wide-angle to normal field-of-view
- ultra-quiet focusing motor is perfect for video applications
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?