About the Nikon Z 9 (no lens included)
Nikon's mirrorless flagship is in a class of its own
Nikon's mirrorless flagship is in a class of its own
I've watched Nikon's Z Series mirrorless platform with keen interest in recent years. Each release has introduced fresh features that make taking beautiful photos and videos feel natural and simple. I'm pleased to say that the lineup's new flagship — the formidable Z 9 — is no exception.
The Z 9 sports an extendable, adjustable-angle LCD screen for shooting photos and videos from interesting angles.
This advanced mirrorless camera is equipped with 8K/30 video recording, a super-cool adjustable touchscreen, and a revolutionary image processor that's significantly faster and more capable than previous versions.
Powerful tools for enthusiasts and pros alike
The Z 9 sports dual memory card slots, an integrated vertical grip, advanced in-body image stabilization, and a spectacular autofocus system — a powerful set of tools that both creative enthusiasts and working professionals will appreciate.
Capture the finest of details
The massive 45.7-megapixel image sensor makes the Z 9 a stellar choice for portrait or product photographers who want exceptionally fine detail from their subjects. It also helps this camera capture gorgeous 8K video footage at up to 30 frames per second.
Ideal for fast-moving subjects
The Z 9 is especially potent with action sports and wildlife photography. A blistering 20 frames-per-second continuous shooting (RAW) lets you capture crisp, in-focus shots of even the fastest-moving subjects.
Built for the elements
The Z 9 features a rugged magnesium-alloy body that's weather-sealed against dust, dirt, and moisture. Use it with confidence to capture photos and videos at sporting events and other fun outdoor activities.
Pair it with premium glass for the best image quality
I'm a Canon shooter by trade, but one reason I'd be tempted to switch to Nikon is their outstanding lineup of Z-mount lenses.
Nikon makes some of the best optical elements on the planet, and their Z-mount lenses (especially their higher-end glass) are world-famous for their light-gathering abilities and quick, ultra-sharp focusing.
It's worth noting that this "body only" configuration of the Z 9 does not come with a lens in the box. Check out my article on choosing camera lenses to find the right one for you.
- 45.7-megapixel FX format full-frame CMOS image sensor
- compatible with Nikon's outstanding lineup of Z-mount lenses
- also compatible with Nikon F-mount lenses when paired with optional Nikon FTZ or FTZ II mount adapter
- revolutionary EXPEED™ 7 image processor is 10x faster than previous versions and allows next-gen features, including:
- AF (auto focus) and AE (auto exposure) calculations at up to 120 times per second
- up to 120 fps (frame-per-second) still shooting
- 8K UHD video recording
- uninterrupted view through electronic viewfinder, with no dropped or repeated frames
- in-body, 5-axis image stabilization
- dual independent card slots for expanded storage and recording options
- 8K UHD (Ultra High Definition) video recording at up to 30 frames per second
- 4K UHD video at up to 60 frames per second
- super-fast continuous still shooting modes
- up to 30 fps shooting at 45.7 megapixels
- up to 120 fps shooting at 11 megapixels
- 3.2" LCD touchscreen tilts vertically and horizontally for intuitive composition in portrait and landscape orientation
- electronic OLED viewfinder provides a "live look" at your image's composition
- no-blackout performance keeps you in touch with your subject at all times, with no skipped or repeated frames
- durable magnesium-alloy body is weather-sealed against dust, dirt, and moisture
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- 493-point Hybrid AF autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing with photos and videos
- Eye-Detection Autofocus quickly finds your subject's eyes and puts them in sharp focus
- blazing-fast subject tracking automatically select the focus points based on where your subject is within the frame — even at the far edges
Exposure modes and controls:
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, and manual exposure modes
- electronic shutter system
- shutter speed range: 30-1/32,000 seconds, bulb
- ISO range: 64-25,600 (expandable to ISO 102,400)
- no built-in flash; works with Nikon Speedlites to add additional light to your composition
- compatible with Nikon's radio-controlled Creative Lighting System (CLS) with optional accessories (sold separately)
- records stills in RAW (NEF), JPEG, and RAW+JPEG formats
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 8,256 x 5,504
- records movies in MP4 and MOV formats
- supports capture of 10-bit N-Log or HDR (HLG) footage with optional external recorder (sold separately)
Connections and dimensions:
- USB (Type C) interface for fast data transfer and charging
- standard HDMI (Type A) interface for connection to optional external devices (cable not included)
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for hardwired network connectivity
- 3.5mm microphone input and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 5-15/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 3-5/8"D
- includes rechargeable EN-EL18d lithium-ion battery and battery charger
- weight: 47.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1669
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Z 9 (no lens included)
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.2"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||None included|
|HDMI Output||Full Size|
|Live Stream Capable||No|
|CFexpress Cards||Type B|
|Highest Resolution||8256 x 5504|
|Video Resolution||7680 x 4320|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||47.3|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|