About the Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized
Extremely accurate golf rangefinder
Extremely accurate golf rangefinder
Let technology give you the edge you need to improve your golf handicap. The Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized uses a laser to offer precise distance measurements, and it locks onto targets faster, thanks to built-in image stabilization. Hyper Read technology delivers accurate results within 0.3 seconds, so you don't hold up your game.
The device can be comfortably handheld, and features an OLED display with automatic brightness adjustment. And it's waterproof and fogproof, so there's no problem if you get a little rain while you're on the course.
Incline/Decline technology displays slope-adjusted distance for a more accurate reading when you're making uphill or downhill shots.
An 8-second continuous measurement mode lets you survey the entire approach to the pin, including sand traps, water features, and trees. And the Dual Locked On Echo feature gives you a visual cue and an audible confirmation, to let you know you're locked onto the pin instead of background objects.
- laser range finder with optical image stabilization
- OLED display with automatic brightness adjustment
- rear diopter ring for fast manual focus
- 6X magnification
- measurement range: 8-1,200 yards
- accurate to .75 yards, inside of 700 yards
- within 1.25 yards at 700-1,000 yards
- within 1.75 yards at 1,000+ yards
- waterproof and fogproof
- Incline/Decline technology displays slope-adjusted distance
- competitive confirmation indicator lights up green when slope feature is inactive
- Hyper Read technology delivers accurate results within 0.3 seconds
- Dual Locked On Echo feature places a green circle around the flag and gives audible confirmation when you lock on the pin
- 8-second continuous measurement mode lets you survey the entire approach to the pin
Dimensions and warranty:
- 1-5/8"W x 3"H x 3-15/16"D
- weight: 6.3 oz. (without batteries)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16758
What's in the box:
- Laser rangefinder (white/black)
- CR2 Lithium battery (3V)
- Carrying case
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized
Overview: The Nikon Coolshot Pro II Stabilized laser rangefinder helps your golf game by giving you accurate distance measurements up to 1200 yards instantly with the press of a button. Built-in image stabilization and Nikon's ID technology give you even more accurate readings, so you can play more aggressively. The unit is compact and lightweight, with a durable rainproof finish to give it a non-slip grip. The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized is powered by a 3-volt Lithium battery (included), and comes with a handy storage case that can be worn on the belt or attached to your bag.
Image Stabilization: When viewing distant objects, any slight hand movement or shake can cause difficulty in identifying and hitting your desired target. With Nikon's optical stabilization system, vibrations caused by inadvertant hand movements are reduced by approximately 80%, giving you more stable images and greater accuracy. You can acquire small objects, such as flagsticks, much faster, so you'll know the exact distance to your target. Nikon's HYPER READ technology displays your distance measurements in approximately 0.3 seconds, no matter the distance.
Slope-adjusted Distance: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized features Nikon's advanced ID (Incline/Decline) Technology, which provides you a slope-adjusted distance for your uphill or downhill shots. The rangefinder automatically detects whether the shot is on an incline or decline and adds or subtracts yardage based on the slope. The slope-adjusted distance is equal to the horizontal distance ± height. This helps you choose the right club and hit the ball at the proper trajectory. Using the Mode button, Golf Mode (with ID Technology enabled) can be turned off, if desired, so you can see the actual distance display, and use the device during tournament play in compliance with USGA Local Rule 14-3. The device has an external Actual Distance Indicator that glows when the inclinometer function is not being used and the rangefinder is measuring the Actual Distance (and not the Slope-adjusted Distance). This allows competitors to confirm the user is in compliance with tournament rules.
One Button Operation: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized laser rangefinder gives you fast and simple measurements by pressing the top-mounted power button. The unit emits invisible, eye-safe infrared energy pulses (EN/IEC Class 1M Laser) that reflect off of the selected target back to its optical receiver. The distance is instantly calculated and displayed on an internal LCD panel for approximately 8 seconds. The unit has First Target Priority, which displays the distance to the nearest target among multiple results obtained with a single measurement. The Dual "Locked On Echo" symbol appears around the target to indicate the First Target Priority.
Display Modes: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized offers four different display modes:
- Golf Mode: displays slope-adjusted distance ± height
- Actual Distance Mode: displays actual distance
- Actual Distance and Height Mode: displays the actual distance, plus the height of the incline or decline
- Horizontal Distance and Height Mode: displays the horizontal distance plus the height of the incline or decline
Display Luminance: The brightness of the internal display can adjusted, if desired. You can choose a preset luminance of 1 (darkest) to 5 (brightest), or Auto (automatic adjusts according to the brightness of the surroundings).
Nikon Optics: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized uses Nikon glass and multicoating technology to give you clear views with high contrast.
Diopter Ring: The viewfinder has a diopter ring for adjusting the rangefinder to your eyesight. A diopter index indicates "+" and "-" positions.
Eye Relief: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized's eyepiece provides a long 18mm eye relief for easy viewing, even with eyeglasses.
Distance Measurements: Distances from 6 to 800 yards are measured in 1 yard increments, or 5 to 730 meters in 1 meter increments. You can switch the units of measurement from yards to meters by pressing the top-mounted Mode button.
Continuous Measurement: You can measure the distance of different targets during the 8 seconds the laser is emitting. The distances of each object are displayed as you aim at them. For example, using continuous measurement, you can measure the distance to a tree in the foreground, and to the flag in the background.
Weatherproof Design: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized has a weatherproof design (IPX4) so you can use it in wet conditions.
Power Requirements: The Coolshot Pro II Stabilized operates on a single 3-volt CR-2 Lithium battery (included). Battery status is displayed in the viewfinder during normal operations. A new CR-2 battery has enough energy to perform continuous measurements approximately 2,200 times.
- Model: Coolshot Pro II Stabilized
- Magnification: 6x
- Objective Diameter: 21mm
- Angular Field of View (real): 7.5°
- Measuring Range: 8-1200 yards (7.5-1090 meters)
- Increment Reading:
- Actual Distance (upper): 1 yard
- Actual Distance (lower): 0.5 yard
- Horizontal Distance/Slope Adjusted Distance (lower): 0.2 yard
- Height (upper): 0.2 yard (shorter than 100 yards); 1 yard (100 yards or more)
- Accuracy: ±0.75 yd (at less than 700 yds); ±1.25 yds (at 700-1000 yds); ±1.75 yds (at 1000 yds and over)
- Exit Pupil: 3.5mm
- Eye Relief: 18.0mm
- Diopter Adjustment: ±4 m⁻¹
- Dimensions: Width 1.62" Height 2.942" Depth 3.919"
- Weight: 6.7 ounces (with battery)