About the Nikon Monarch M7 8x30 Binoculars
Compact, lightweight, waterproof binoculars
Compact, lightweight, waterproof binoculars
These M7 8x30 binoculars give you brilliant Nikon optics in a durable and compact waterproof housing.
Nikon designed these Monarch M7 8x30 binoculars for traveling light while you watch the world. The wide 435-foot field of view at 1,000 yards makes it easy to track moving action. And you'll see vivid images through Nikon's coated lens optics. Turn-and-slide eyecups let you adjust for the perfect eye relief, even if you're wearing glasses. And you set your right/left eye vision balance with the locking diopter. That means you can keep your focus on the image, whether you're scanning the ridge for a loping bear against the sunset or watching the Boston Marathon from a rainy Cambridge rooftop.
Bright images and rugged construction
These binoculars use premium optical elements with ED (extra-low dispersion) glass. Advanced reflective coatings help them deliver brilliant light transmittance and beautiful natural color fidelity. A new oil- and water-repellent lens coating lets you easily wipe off rain or fingerprints. And the textured rubber armor on the body keeps your grip secure — wet or dry — and lends extra shock-resistance to the binoculars.
- 8x binoculars with durable rubber armor and ED (extra-low dispersion) coated glass lenses
- central focus knob
- locking diopter maintains your vision balance setting
- long eye relief with turn-and-slide eyecups for comfortable fit even if you wear glasses
- roof prism design:
- dielectric, high-reflective multilayer prism coating delivers high-contrast, color-accurate images
- waterproof and fogproof
- submersible up to 1 meter (3.3 feet) for 10 minutes
- oil and water repellant lens coating
- durable, rugged rubber armor gives a solid grip whether wet or dry
Specifications and dimensions:
- magnification: 8x
- objective diameter: 30mm
- angular field of view: 8.3° (real), 60.3° (apparent)
- field of view at 1,000 yards: 435 feet
- close focus distance: 6.6 feet
- relative brightness: 14.4
- exit pupil: 3.8mm
- eye relief: 15.1mm
- interpupillary distance adjustment: 56-72mm
- includes travel case, padded adjustable strap, and lens covers
- flip-down objective lens caps
- length: 4-3/4"
- width: 4-15/16"
- weight: 16.4 oz.
- warranty: lifetime limited warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16763
What's in the box:
- Monarch M7 8x30 binoculars
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps (installed)
- Neck strap
- Black soft case
- Binocular General Instructions
- Note on online manuals
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Monarch M7 8x30 Binoculars
Overview: The Nikon Monarch M7 8x30 is a premium binocular with renowned Nikon optics, and a tough rubber-armored body for a non-slip grip and protection from bumps. The binocular comes with a neck strap, eyepiece cap, flip-down objective lens caps, and a soft storage case.
Optics: The Monarch M7 30mm binocular delivers excellent optical performance due to its ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and multi-layer coatings on the lenses and prisms. The eyepiece and objective lenses are protected by scratch-resistant coatings, and the interior lenses are protected from fogging, even a high altitudes. The roof prisms on the Monarch M7 binoculars have a phase-corrected coating applied to the prism surfaces for higher resolution. An oil and water repellent coating is applied to both the objective and eyepiece lenses to make them easy to clean. Just wipe away moisture, fingerprints, and smudges that accumulate on the lens.
Waterproof: The Monarch M7 is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to prevent fogging, and to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. The binoculars should suffer no damage to the optical system if submerged or dropped in water to a maximum depth of 1 meter (3.3 feet) for up to 10 minutes. The Monarch M7 can be used in areas of high humidity or rain without worry.
Focusing Ring: The Monarch M7 has a Dach prism central focusing system with a focusing ring that makes it easy to bring your subject into focus.
Locking Diopter Ring: The right eyepiece has a diopter ring for adjusting the binoculars to your eyesight. You can pull up the ring and rotate it clockwise or counterclockwise to bring the object into focus. Once you have focused the diopter, pressing the ring back down locks in your personal setting. A diopter index indicates the "0" position, as well as "+" and "-" positions.
Eyecups: The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. When wearing eyeglasses, you should leave the eyepiece fully retracted. The Monarch M7s offer a long, 15.1mm eye relief, allowing you to get a full field-of-view through the binoculars.
- Model: Monarch M7 8x30
- Prism Type: Roof prism
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Diameter: 30mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 6.6' (2 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 8.3° Real, 60.3° Apparent
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 435 feet (145 meters at 1000 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 3.8mm
- Relative Brightness: 14.4
- Eye Relief: 15.1mm
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-72mm
- Weight: 16.4 ounces