About the Nikon Monarch M5 12x42 Binoculars
Value-packed waterproof binoculars
Value-packed waterproof binoculars
The M5 12x42 binoculars get you close to your subject with brilliant Nikon optics in a durable waterproof housing.
These Monarch M5 12x42 binoculars perform in all kinds of weather, showing you clear images wherever you focus. 12x magnification gets you close to your subjects. Follow a golden eagle as it soars through the canyon or spot mountain goats high in the Colorado Rockies.
Bright images and rugged construction
These binoculars use premium optical elements with ED (extra-low dispersion) glass. Advanced reflective coatings help them deliver brilliant light transmittance and beautiful natural color fidelity. And the textured rubber armor on the body keeps your grip secure — wet or dry — and lends extra shock-resistance to the binoculars.
- 12x binoculars with durable rubber armor and ED (extra-low dispersion) coated glass lenses
- central focus knob
- diopter adjustment sets your vision balance
- long eye relief with turn-and-slide eyecups for comfortable fit even if you wear glasses
- roof prism design:
- dielectric, high-reflective multilayer prism coating delivers high-contrast, color-accurate images
- waterproof and fogproof
- submersible up to 1 meter (3.3 feet) for 10 minutes
- durable, rugged rubber armor gives a solid grip whether wet or dry
Specifications and dimensions:
- magnification: 12x
- objective diameter: 42mm
- angular field-of-view: 5.1° (real), 56.2° (apparent)
- field of view at 1,000 yards: 267 feet
- close focus distance: 8.2 feet
- relative brightness: 12.3
- exit pupil: 3.5mm
- eye relief: 15.1mm
- interpupillary distance adjustment: 56-72mm
- includes soft travel case, neck strap, and lens covers
- flip-down objective lens caps
- length: 5-3/4"
- width: 5-1/8"
- weight: 22.6 oz.
- warranty: lifetime limited warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 16769
What's in the box:
- Monarch M5 12x42 binocular
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Monarch M5 12x42 Binoculars
Overview: The Nikon Monarch M5 12x42 is a bright binocular with a 42mm objective lens that gathers abundant light for bright, clear images. The M5 binocular features renowned Nikon optics, and a tough rubber-armored body for a non-slip grip and protection from bumps. The binocular comes with a neck strap, eyepiece cap, flip-down objective lens caps, and a soft storage case.
Optics: The Monarch M5 binocular delivers excellent optical performance due to its ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and multi-layer coatings on the lenses and prisms. The eyepiece and objective lenses are protected by scratch-resistant coatings, and the interior lenses are protected from fogging, even a high altitudes. The roof prisms on the Monarch M5 binoculars have a phase-corrected coating applied to the prism surfaces for higher resolution.
Waterproof: The Monarch M5 is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to prevent fogging, and to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. The binoculars should suffer no damage to the optical system if submerged or dropped in water to a maximum depth of 1 meter (3.3 feet) for up to 10 minutes. The Monarch M5 can be used in areas of high humidity or rain without worry.
Focusing Ring: The Monarch M5 has a Dach prism central focusing system with a focusing ring that makes it easy to bring your subject into focus.
Diopter Ring: The right eyepiece has a diopter ring for adjusting the binoculars to your eyesight. You can rotate the ring clockwise or counterclockwise to bring the object into focus. A diopter index indicates the "0" position, as well as "+" and "-" positions.
Eyecups: The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. When wearing eyeglasses, you should leave the eyepiece fully retracted. The Monarch M5s offer a long, 15.1mm eye relief, allowing you to get a full field-of-view through the binoculars.
- Model: Monarch M5 12x42
- Prism Type: Roof prism
- Magnification: 12x
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 8.2' (2.5 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 5.1° Real, 56.2° Apparent
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 267 feet (89 meters at 1000 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 3.5mm
- Relative Brightness: 12.3
- Eye Relief: 15.1mm
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-72mm
- Weight: 22.6 ounces
The Nikon Monarch M5 12x42 Binoculars replaces these items
- 12x binoculars with durable rubberized coating and extra-low dispersion optical elements
- prisms are phase-corrected and feature dielectric coatings for crisp, clear images
- light-gathering 42mm objectives