About the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
If you were given five minutes to pack for a trip that could lead, well, anywhere... this would be the compact lens you'd want for its grab-and-go utility. With a versatile zoom range of 18-140mm (27-210mm equivalent), it will gather both the sweep and scope of the countryside and cityscapes you encounter, while still giving you the telephoto power to capture sharp details, compelling candid moments and striking portraits.
Being a Nikkor lens, it features superb workmanship and finely crafted optical elements. VR stabilization gives you sharp, clear images even at low shutter speeds. And as it weighs barely over 1 pound, it's a perfect companion when your itinerary requires light packing.
- AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens (equivalent to 27-210mm on a 35mm SLR)
- Vibration Reduction allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four stops slower)
- contains one aspherical and one ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet focusing
- optimized for Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- can be used on FX (full-frame) cameras in crop mode
- constructed of 17 elements in 12 groups
- minimum focus distance: 1.48 feet
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 18mm)/f38 (at 140mm)
- filter size: 67mm
- diameter: 3-1/16"; length: 4-1/8"
- weight: 17.3 ounces
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2213
What's in the box:
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5-6G ED VR zoom lens
- LC-67 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs sheet
- 5 Years of Protection Extended Warranty sheet
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Overview: The Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens is a compact, all-in-one lens that is good for multiple shooting situations. You can shoot ultra-sharp photos and videos, from wide-angle family portraits to telephoto close-ups on the playing field. It is designed for use with Nikon DSLRs with DX-format image sensors. The lens features Vibration Reduction (VR) to reduce blur cause by camera shake, and a Focus Mode switch for switching to Auto Focus or Manual Focus.
Vibration Reduction (VR): The lens is equipped with Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) technology, which reduces blur caused by camera shake. When VR is enabled, the range of available shutter speeds is increased (including speeds up to 4.0 stops slower than those without VR), and permits hand-held, tripod-free photography in a wide range of situations. You can enable or disable Vibration Reduction by using the 2-way VR switch on the lens barrel.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens includes a 2-way Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens. In the A position, the camera will automatically focus the photo when the shutter release button is pressed halfway. You can also manually focus while in Auto Focus mode by turning the focus ring after auto focusing has taken place. When switched to the M position, you can focus manually by rotating the focus ring on the lens.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC): Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare, by enhancing light transmission.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Internal Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
Lens Construction: The AF-S Nikkor 18-140mm lens has 17 elements in 12 groups, including 1 ED (Extra-low Dispersion glass) lens element for maximum sharpness and minimum chromatic aberrations, and 1 aspherical lens element.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped a 7-blade, rounded diaphragm opening.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S DX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 18-140mm
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 1.48'
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (18, 24, 35, 50, 70, 140)
- Focusing Method: Internal focusing (IF) system, AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22 at 18mm; f/5.6 to f/38 at 140mm
- Aperture: 7-blade, rounded
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups (including 1 ED lens and 1 aspherical lens element.)
- Angle of View: 76° to 11° 30'
- Dimensions: Diameter: 3.038", Length=4.12" (4.745" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 17.3 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
3 questions already asked