Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
lens is an ultra-wide angle prime lens. It is optimized for FX-format cameras,
but can be used with DX-format cameras (30mm equivalent). It is ideal for
landscapes and architecture, wedding parties, concerts, crowd shots, and more.
The lens comes with the HB-72 lens hood and the CL-1015 Soft lens case.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave
Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of
the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want
to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on
the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a
manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while
pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet
- Focal Length: 20mm (30mm DX format equivalent)
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Lens Construction: 13 elements
in 11 groups (including 2 ED lens elements, and lens elements with
- Closest Focus Distance: 7.92" (0.66')
- Focusing Method: Rear Focusing (RF) system with
controlled by a Silent Wave Motor, and a separate focus ring for manual
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Angle of View: 94° FX format (70° DX format equivalent)
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.245" Length=3.524" (4.099" with
- Weight: approximately 12.6
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty
on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no
charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.