About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
Sharp wide-angle performance in almost any light
A rocky, windswept coastline. New York City at night. A ballroom full of dancers at your daughter's wedding. You can capture it all with this fast, ultra-wide 20mm Nikon lens. Its impressive low-light capabilities provide nearly endless opportunities for shooting rich, natural-looking images — indoors and out — without the need for a flash. Superb Nikon optics and a large maximum aperture let you closely control depth of field while taking tack-sharp wide-angle photos, even when shooting wide-open at f/1.8. A perfect match for FX-format Nikon SLRs, this compact, lightweight lens also works great with DX-format cams.
- AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED standard lens
- designed for Nikon full-frame (FX) digital and select autofocus film SLR cameras (compatible with Nikon DX sensor SLR cameras)
- effective focal length:
- 20mm with full-frame (FX) sensor digital or 35mm film cameras
- 30mm with Nikon DX sensor cameras
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet, and precise autofocus
- ideal for low-light and everyday shooting
- two aspherical and two extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements enhance sharpness and virtually eliminate flare even when shooting at the widest aperture setting
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency for superior color saturation, contrast, and reduced flare
- full-time manual focus capability allows instant autofocus override with a twist of the focus ring
- minimum focus distance: 7.9 in.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 13 elements in 11 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- lens is 3-1/4" in diameter, 3-9/16" long
- weight: 12.6 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft storage pouch
- MFR # 20051
What's in the box:
- AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED lens (#20051)
- LC-77 77mm Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-72 Lens hood
- CL-1015 Soft Lens Case
- User's Manual
- 5 Years of Protection warranty sheet
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED lens is an ultra-wide angle prime lens. It is optimized for FX-format cameras, but can be used with DX-format cameras (30mm equivalent). It is ideal for landscapes and architecture, wedding parties, concerts, crowd shots, and more. The lens comes with the HB-72 lens hood and the CL-1015 Soft lens case.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 20mm (30mm DX format equivalent)
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 11 groups (including 2 ED lens elements, and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings)
- Closest Focus Distance: 7.92" (0.66')
- Focusing Method: Rear Focusing (RF) system with AutoFocus controlled by a Silent Wave Motor, and a separate focus ring for manual focus
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Angle of View: 94° FX format (70° DX format equivalent)
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.245" Length=3.524" (4.099" with caps)
- Weight: approximately 12.6 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked