About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED
Broaden your horizons
Whether you're into dramatic landscape or architectural shots, portraits or product photography, this versatile wide-angle lens is up for the job. For vivid sunrise or sunset shots, night scenes or indoor portraits, this fast, affordable FX-format prime shines in low light. Its f/1.8 aperture makes your subject stand out against a dreamy background. With a minimum focus distance of just over nine inches, you'll be able to capture compelling close-ups, too. Get in close for a detail shot of a single flower, then step back and capture the entire field. You'll end up with sharp, high-contrast images either way, thanks to this lens's superior optics and specialized coatings.
- AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED wide-angle lens
- compatible with Nikon FX and DX digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 36mm with APS-C (Nikon DX format) sensor cameras
- Silent Wave Motor for smooth, quiet, and precise autofocus
- manual and autofocus modes
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- rear focusing system for faster, smoother AF performance
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- minimum focus distance: 9-1/16 in.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 2 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 3-5/8" long
- weight: 12.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- accessory hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens pouch
- MFR # 20057
What's in the box:
- AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED lens (#20057)
- LC-72 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-76 Lens hood
- CL-1015 Lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED lens is a wide angle, prime lens. It is ideal for capturing wide landscapes and city scapes, as well as closeups of flowers, jewelry, and food. The lens comes with the HB-76 lens hood and the CL-1015 soft storage pouch.
FX-format Lens: This lens is optimized for use on Nikon FX-format (full frame) cameras, but it is also compatible with Nikon's DX-format cameras. When used on a DX-format camera, such as the D5300 or D7100, the lens has an equivalent focal length of 36mm.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G ED lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Aspherical Lens Elements: The lens contains Aspherical lens elements which contain non-spherical surfaces on either or both sides to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass: This lens contains Extra-low Dispersion optical glass developed by Nikon for optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Rear Focusing (RF): This 24mm lens features a system in which only the rear lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing, and enabling faster focusing.
- Nano Crystal Coat: The Nikon Nano Crystal Coat is an anti-reflective lens coating that eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. The coating eliminates the ghosting effects caused by red light, and reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Super Integrated Coating: The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic vibrations, instead of a gear system, to enable fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you switch between focus modes: M (manual) and M/A (autofocus with manual override). For Auto Focus mode, the camera must be in AF mode and the lens switch in the M/A position. In this mode, the lens will focus when the camera shutter is pressed halfway, however, you can override the focus by rotating the lens focus ring. You can easily switch to full manual focus by moving the Focus Mode switch to the M position (even if the camera is in AF mode). If the camera is in Manual Focus (MF) mode, autofocus will not operate.
- Type of Lens: FX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 24mm (FX-format), 36mm (DX-format)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (including 2 ED lens elements, 2 aspherical elements, and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings)
- Closest Focus Distance: 9" (0.23m)
- Focusing Method: Nikon Rear Focusing (RF) system with AutoFocus controlled by a Silent Wave Motor, and a separate focus ring for manual focus
- Diaphragm: Rounded 7-blade
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 - f/16
- Angle of View: 84° (FX-format cameras), 61° (DX-format cameras)
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.052" Length=3.579" (4.201" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 12.6 ounces