About the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
An agile lens for all occasions
This 18-55mm lens from Nikon gives you the flexibility to shoot sweeping landscapes with the entire scene in focus, expressive portraits with dreamy blurred backgrounds, and everything in between. You can even capture detailed close-ups from less than a foot away. This fresh lens design includes a pulse motor for lightning-fast, whisper-quiet autofocus — great for shooting smooth video sequences. Built-in vibration reduction minimizes image blur and camera shake when shooting stills or video in low light without a tripod.
- AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR zoom lens
- compatible with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 27-82.5mm
- compact, retractable lens barrel design
- built-in Vibration Reduction minimizes blur at slower shutter speeds
- pulse motor for ultra-fast, near-silent autofocus
- manual and autofocus modes
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements for rich colors with excellent contrast
- 2 aspherical elements for outstanding optical performance
- minimum focus distance: 10.8"
- minimum aperture: f/22-38
- lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- attachment/filter size: 55mm
- lens is 2-7/16" in diameter, 2-1/2" long
- weight: 7.3 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 20059
What's in the box:
- AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR zoom lens
- LC-55A 55mm front lens cap (installed)
- Slip-on rear lens cap (installed)
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Overview: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens is a wide-angle-to-normal-length zoom lens with Vibration Reduction technology. It is ideal for capturing wide landscapes, group photos, portraits, or small sporting events, and works well for videos as well as still images. The lens is part of Nikon's new "P" series of lenses, and uses a pulse motor for fast autofocus. It comes with front and rear lens caps. This lens is optimized for use on Nikon DX-format cameras with APS-C-sized image sensors. They will work on FX-format (full frame) cameras in the DX-crop mode.
Note: A version of this lens is available without Vibration Reduction.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Pulse Motor (P): Nikon's new "P" series of lenses use a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) for smoother and quieter focusing, compared to previous drive systems. This type of drive system is very quiet, making it ideal for shooting video.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Nikon's Vibration Reduction helps reduce blur caused by camera shake, and allows shutter speeds up to 4.0 stops slower than without VR. Vibration Reduction applies lens shift correction using voice coil motors (VCMs).
- Aspherical Lens Elements (AS): The lens contains Aspherical lens elements which contain non-spherical surfaces on either or both sides to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- M/A: The lens can be used in manual or automatic focusing. You can easily and seamlessly switch from one mode to another with no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-P DX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 18-55mm
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (18, 24, 28, 35, 45, 55mm)
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (including 2 aspherical lens elements)
- Image Stabilization: Vibration Reduction
- Closest Focus Distance: 0.9' (10.8") at all zoom positions
- Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Focusing Method: AutoFocus controlled by a stepping motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- Diaphragm: Rounded 7-blade
- Aperture Range:
- f/3.5 to f/22mm (18mm focal length)
- f/5.6 to f/38mm (55mm focal length)
- Angle of View: 76° - 28°50' (DX-format cameras)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.526" Length=2.757" (3.359" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 6.9 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.