About the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED
This 70-300mm lens from Nikon gives you the extra reach to capture distant action. It's also great for taking portraits and close-ups with a nice, compressed background for a dreamy look and feel. This fresh lens design includes a pulse motor for lightning-fast, whisper-quiet autofocus — great for shooting smooth video sequences.
- AF-P DX 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED zoom lens
- compatible with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 105-450mm
- pulse motor for ultra-fast, near-silent autofocus
- manual and autofocus modes
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements for rich colors with excellent contrast
- ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- minimum focus distance: 3.7'
- minimum aperture: f/32
- lens construction: 14 elements in 10 groups
- attachment/filter size: 58mm
- lens is 2-13/16" in diameter, 4-15/16" long
- weight: 14.2 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 20061
What's in the box:
- AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED zoom lens
- LC-58 58mm front lens cap (installed)
- Slip-on rear lens cap
- User's Manual
- Warranty Card
Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED
Overview: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens is a super telephoto zoom lens. It is ideal for capturing sports, wildlife, concerts, and landmarks, and works well for videos as well as still images. The lens is part of Nikon's new "P" series of lenses, and uses a pulse motor for fast autofocus. It comes with front and rear lens caps. This lens is optimized for use on Nikon DX-format cameras with APS-C-sized image sensors. They will work on FX-format (full frame) cameras in the DX-crop mode.
Note: A version of this lens is available with Vibration Reduction.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Pulse Motor (P): Nikon's new "P" series of lenses use a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) for smoother and quieter focusing, compared to previous drive systems. This type of drive system is very quiet, making it ideal for shooting video.
- Extra-low Dispersion Glass (ED): The lens is constructed with Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements developed by Nikon and used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- M/A: The lens can be used in manual or automatic focusing. You can easily and seamlessly switch from one mode to another with no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-P DX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 70-300mm
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (70, 100, 135, 200, 300mm)
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 10 groups (including 1 ED lens element)
- Closest Focus Distance: 3.7' (44.4") at all zoom positions
- Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Focusing Method: AutoFocus controlled by a stepping motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- Diaphragm: Rounded 7-blade
- Aperture Range:
- f/4.5 to f/22mm (70mm focal length)
- f/6.3 to f/32mm (300mm focal length)
- Angle of View: 22°50' - 5°20' (DX-format cameras)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.826" Length=5.227" (5.824" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 14.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
2 questions already asked