About the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
An expansive worldview
An expansive worldview
This ultra-wide-angle zoom lens from Nikon gives you a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. Use this lens to capture sweeping, panoramic landscapes or architecture shots. It's great for interior scenes and group photos too. The large f/4 maximum aperture lets you take bright, vibrant photos in all kinds of lighting conditions.
This fresh lens design includes a pulse motor for lightning-fast, whisper-quiet autofocus - great for shooting smooth video sequences. Built-in vibration reduction minimizes image blur and camera shake when shooting stills or video in low light without a tripod.
- AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
- designed for use with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 15-30mm
- built-in Vibration Reduction minimizes blur at slower shutter speeds
- pulse motor for ultra-fast, near-silent autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements for rich colors with excellent contrast
- minimum focus distance: 9.6"
- minimum aperture: f/29
- lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- 3 aspherical elements for outstanding optical performance
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and soft case
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 2-7/8" long
- weight: 8.2 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20067
What's in the box:
- AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6 G VR zoom lens
- LC-72 front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-81 Lens hood
- CL-1015 Soft lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR reviews
Haven't done much with it yet since I just got it, but for the extremely low price, so far so good. Not a heavy piece of glass at all, so doesn't add much to the bag as far as added weight. Quality of the photos seems reasonable for the cost. I use a D7100 so the VR stays on all the time but I don't have a problem with that, glad I added to my lenses.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Bought this as a gift for my daughter, she is a photographer of real estate and does concert and music industry photos as well. This lens is incredibly fast, works great with available light and produces incredibly sharp images. She currently uses this on a D500 and it matches up perfectly with the DX sensor on that camera. Photo of Peter $un for Nuance magazine, photo by Kathryn DeFrank- style by: OG threadz
Pros: Affordable, great with natural light, perfect match to the DX sensor size camera, light weight
1 of 1 found this helpful
get it, you'll love it. I mean 300 buks? for an ultrawide angle Nikon? just get it already, you won't regret it. It's super light, super sharp if you know what you're doing, and so tiny it fits in my pocket everytime I go on a hike with my D500. No excuses :)
2 of 3 found this helpful
More details on the Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Overview: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with Vibration Reduction technology. It is ideal for capturing wide landscapes and cityscapes, architecture, interiors, or large group photos, and works well for videos as well as still images. The lens is part of Nikon's new "P" series of lenses, and uses a pulse motor for fast autofocus. It comes with front and rear lens caps, a lens hood, and soft lens case. This lens is optimized for use on Nikon DX-format cameras with APS-C-sized image sensors. They will work on some FX-format (full frame) cameras in the DX-crop mode, and with limited functionality.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G VR lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Pulse Motor (P): Nikon's new "P" series of lenses use a pulse motor (utilizing stepping motors) for smoother and quieter focusing, compared to previous drive systems. This type of drive system is very quiet, making it ideal for shooting video.
- A-M: The lens features an Auto-Manual mode, which allows smooth focusing operation in Manual Focus mode. The focus ring has a similar amount of torque compared to conventional manual-focus lenses.
- IF Lens: Internal Focusing lenses contain internal lens elements that shift during focusing. Because IF lenses do not change size during Auto Focusing, you can obtain closer focusing distances.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Nikon's Vibration Reduction helps reduce blur caused by camera shake, and allows shutter speeds up to 4.0 stops slower than without VR. Vibration Reduction applies lens shift correction using voice coil motors (VCMs).
- Aspherical Lens Elements (AS): The lens contains Aspherical lens elements which contain non-spherical surfaces on either or both sides to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- M/A: The lens can be used in manual or automatic focusing. You can easily and seamlessly switch from one mode to another with no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-P DX lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 10-20mm
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (10, 12, 14, 16, 20mm)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups (including 3 aspherical lens elements)
- Image Stabilization: Vibration Reduction
- Closest Focus Distance: 0.8' (9.6") at all zoom positions
- Zoom: Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Focusing Method: AutoFocus controlled by a pulse motor; separate focus ring for manual focus
- Diaphragm: Rounded 7-blade
- Aperture Range:
- f/4.5 to f/22mm (10mm focal length)
- f/5.6 to f/29mm (20mm focal length)
- Angle of View: 109° - 70° (DX-format cameras)
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.03" Length=3.297" (3.797" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?