About the Nikon Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S Mirrorless
A versatile wide-angle zoom for your Nikon Z-series mirrorless camera
This 14-30mm f/4 S zoom is a fantastic wide-angle lens for your Nikon Z-series mirrorless camera. Its focal range lets you go from an expansive ultra-wide view to a more natural perspective of 30mm. And you can capture subjects from less than a foot away, so it's great for close-ups too. A constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range lets you easily change focal lengths without having to alter your exposure settings.
- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- f/4 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- protective fluorine coating allows easier cleaning of water, dirt, and smudges
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 14 elements in 12 groups
- 4 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements and for high resolution and contrast
- 4 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- new, ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 11"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- filter/attachment size: 82mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 3-1/2" in diameter and 3-5/16" long
- weight: 17.1 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20070
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S zoom lens
- LC-82B Lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-86 Bayonet lens hood
- CL-C1 Soft cloth lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S Mirrorless
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S is a new ultra-wide zoom lens for Nikon's new Z-series of mirrorless full-frame cameras. It is ideal for travel, landscapes and cityscapes, and much more. The lens comes with a lens hood and a soft storage pouch.
Z Mount: Nikon's Z-series of mirrorless cameras feature the new large-diameter Z Mount. The Z Mount has a 55mm inner mount diameter and a short flange focal distance of 16mm, which allows more light to enter through the lens than the standard Nikon F Mount (44mm inner mount diameter and 46.5mm focal plane distance). This allows the Z-series lenses to capture more light, resulting in sharper images from the center of the frame to the far edges of the image. The Z Mount also has more electrical contacts, which means faster communication between the camera and the lens for improved performance.
7-blade Rounded Diaphragm: The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm lens features a fixed f/4 aperture thoughout the entire zoom range. The 7-blade rounded diaphragm produces stunning out-of-focus background elements (bokeh) in your photographs.
Weather Sealed: The lens is durable and lightweight, and is extensively sealed against dust and water, particularly around all moving parts.
Control Ring: The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/1.8 S features a new customizable control ring. In the camera menu, you can assign one of three functions to the control ring. By default, the ring controls manual focusing, however, you can set it for aperture control or exposure compensation.
Nikon Technologies: The lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): The lens uses a stepping motor to give you fast, quiet autofocusing. This makes it ideal to use when shooting video.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: ED glass elements are used to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lens elements have curved, non-spherical surfaces, which reduce aberrations, and allow lighter, and more compact lens sizes. They correct distortion in wide-angle lenses.
- Nano Crystal Coat: Developed by Nikon, the anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat eliminates ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally, particularly red light.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism gives you accurate diaphragm and aperture blade control when using auto exposure, particularly during continuous shooting.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Because only the internal lens group shifts during focusing, this IF lens does not change in size.
- Fluorine Coating: Nikon's fluorine coat is applied to the front element to help repel dust, water droplets, grease, fingerprints, and dirt from sticking to the lens. This durable coating can withstand frequent wiping of the lens surface.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The optical elements in NIKKOR lenses have a multi-layer coating.
- Focal Length: 14-30mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame)
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 12 groups (including 4 ED elements, 4 aspherical elements, elements with Nano Crystal Coat, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)
- Angle of View: 114°-72° (FX format), 90°-50° (DX format)
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.04" (0.92 feet)
- Diaphragm: 7-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 82mm
- Dimensions: 3.498" diameter, 3.541" (4.111" with lens caps)
- Weight: 17.2 ounces