About the Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S
A versatile standard zoom for your Nikon Z-series mirrorless camera
Nikon's Z 24-70mm f/4 S zoom is a fantastic everyday lens for your Nikon Z-series mirrorless camera. Its versatile focal range is useful for everything from landscape and architecture shots to portraits and detailed close-ups. A constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range lets you easily change focal lengths without having to alter your exposure settings.
- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- f/4 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- protective fluorine coating allows easier cleaning of water, dirt, and smudges
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- 3 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- 1 AS-ED (aspherical ED) element minimizes distortion and chromatic aberrations
- new, ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 0.99'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- filter/attachment size: 72mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter and 3-11/16" long
- weight: 17.7 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20072
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S zoom lens
- LC-72B Lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-85 Lens hood
- CL-C1 Soft lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S
Overview: The Nikon Nikkor 24-70mm f/4 S is a versatile standard zoom lens that is ideal for both still images and movies. It has the new Nikon Z-mount, and fits the Z-series of full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens is sealed to prevent dust and moisture from entering, especially around the moving parts of the lens barrel. the lens comes with front and rear lens caps, a lens hood, and soft lens case. It will accept 72mm screw-on filters.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch that lets you choose between Auto focus (A) or Manual focus (M). If the camera is set to Manual Focus mode using camera controls, you must adjust the focus manually, regardless of the setting on the lens.
Control Ring: The lens has a smooth operating Control Ring that has numerous functions, depending upon the setting of the Focus Mode switch. If the switch is set to M (manual), the Control Ring rotates to adjust focus. If set to A (auto focus), you can perform the Control Ring function selected in the camera's menu. In the Z7, for example, you can use the lens Control Ring to adjust the power aperture, focus mode (M/A), or Exposure Compensation.
Electromagnetic Diaphragm: The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel which provides accurate aperture blade control during auto exposure.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikkor 24-70mm f/4 S lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses incorporate a stepping motor to give you fast and accurate auto focusing. The drive system is whisper quiet, making the lens ideal for recording movies.
- IF Lens: NIKKOR IF lenses focus by shifting only the internal lens elements. Internal Focusing lenses do not change in size during AF operation, and are typically more compact, lightweight, and capable of closer focusing distances.
- Aspherical Lens Elements (AS): The lens contains curved non-spherical lens elements to reduce aberrations. They are used to correct distortion in wide angle lenses.
- Aspherical - Extra-low Dispersion Elements (AS-ED): The lens features Aspherical - Extra-low Dispersion glass lens elements, developed by Nikon to correct chromatic aberrations.
- Nano Crystal Coat (N): Nikon's Nano Crystal coating helps eliminate internal reflections and ghosting effects caused by red light. It also reduces lens flare caused by light entering diagonally into the lens.
- Fluorine Coating (FLC): The lens features Nikon's fluorine coating on the front element to repel smudges and fingerprints, dust, and water droplets. The lens is easy to clean, and can withstand frequent wiping. The coating is also anti-reflective, which helps you achieve clear images.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
Lens Hood: The Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70 f/4 S comes with the HB-85 lens hood. The hood helps to block stray light from entering the lens from the sides, causing flare or ghosting. It also protects the front lens element from rain and snow, or accidental impact. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 1-13/16" to the overall length of the lens. When not in use, you can reverse-mount the lens hood.
- Type of Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Focal Length: 24-70mm
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 70mm)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.3x
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups (including 1 ED lens element, 1 aspherical ED element, 3 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano Crystal Coat, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)
- Closest Focus Distance: 0.99' (11.88") from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Focusing Method: Internal Focusing System
- Diaphragm: Rounded 7-blade
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22mm
- Angle of View:
- FX Format: 84° - 34°20'
- DX Format: 61° - 22°50'
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.046" Length 3.666" (4.263" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 17.7 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.