About the Nikon NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S
Capture more light with your Nikon Z-series mirrorless camera
Nikon's Z 35mm f/1.8 S prime lens is great for radiant low-light images and crisp portraits with beautifully blurred backgrounds. Its compact size, moderately wide focal length, and close minimum focusing distance make it perfect for everyday photography.
- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 3 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- new, ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 0.82'
- minimum aperture: f/16
- filter/attachment size: 62mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter and 3-7/16" long
- weight: 13.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20081
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S (#20081)
- LC-62B Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-89 Lens hood
- CL-C1 Cloth storage pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S is a new wide angle prime lens for Nikon's new Z-series of mirrorless full-frame cameras. It is ideal for landscapes and architecture, street photography, weddings, and much more. The lens comes with a lens hood and a soft storage pouch.
9-blade Rounded Diaphragm: The NIKKOR Z 35mm lens features a fast f/1.8 aperture with a 9-blade rounded diaphragm. This combination can produce stunning out-of-focus background elements (bokeh) in your photographs.
Weather Sealed: The lens is durable and lightweight, and is extensively sealed against dust and water, particularly around all moving parts.
Control Ring: The NIKKOR Z 35mm f/1.8 S features a new customizable control ring. In the camera menu, you can assign one of three functions to the control ring. By default, the ring controls manual focusing, however, you can set it for aperture control or exposure compensation.
Nikon Technologies: The lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): The lens uses a stepping motor to give you fast, quiet autofocusing. This makes it ideal to use when shooting video.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: ED glass elements are used to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lens elements have curved, non-spherical surfaces, which reduce aberrations, and allow lighter, and more compact lens sizes. They correct distortion in wide-angle lenses.
- Nano Crystal Coat: Developed by Nikon, the anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat eliminates ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally, particularly red light.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism gives you accurate diaphragm and aperture blade control when using auto exposure, particularly during continuous shooting.
- Super Integrated Coating: The optical elements in NIKKOR lenses have a multi-layer coating.
- Focal Length: 35mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame)
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 9 groups (including 2 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano Crystal Coat)
- Angle of View: 63 (FX format), 44° (DX format)
- Focusing System: Rear focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.84" (0.82 feet)
- Diaphragm: 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 63mm
- Dimensions: 3.596" diameter, 3.596" length (4.171" with lens caps)
- Weight: 13.1 ounces