About the Nikon Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR
A low-profile zoom lens for any occasion
This compact, lightweight 16-50mm lens is a great compliment to DX format Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras. It gives you the flexibility to shoot sweeping landscapes with the entire scene in focus, expressive portraits with dreamy backgrounds, and just about everything in between. You can even capture detailed close-ups from less than a foot away. Built-in vibration reduction minimizes image blur and camera shake when shooting stills or video in low light without a tripod.
- lens type: Z-mount DX format
- compatible with APS-C sensor Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 24-75mm
- built-in Vibration Reduction enables sharper shots at slower shutter speeds
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- 4 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 7.9"
- minimum aperture: f/16
- filter/attachment size: 46mm
- includes front and rear lens caps
- lens is 2-13/16" in diameter and 1-5/16" long
- weight: 4.8 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20084
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR zoom lens
- LC-46B lens cap (installed)
- Slip-on dust cap (installed)
- User's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR
Overview: The Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is an ultra-compact DX-format wide-angle zoom lens that works with Nikon's Z-series of mirrorless cameras. It covers an important zoom range, allowing you to capture expansive landscapes and street scenes, as well as portraits and close-ups. It features 11 CPU contacts on the lens mount to transfer data to and from the camera. The lens has a zoom ring for zooming in or out, and a separate control ring to let you quickly change camera settings.
Vibration Reduction: The lens features on-board Vibration Reduction (VR), which can be enabled or disabled using the camera's controls. Vibration Reduction reduces blur caused by camera shake, allowing shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower than would otherwise be the case, and increasing the range of shutter speeds available.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to with several functions, depending upon the setting of the Focus Mode switch. In Autofocus mode, you can rotate the ring to adjust a setting such as Focus (M/A) or Aperture assigned using the camera. If the switch is set to M (manual), the Control Ring rotates to adjust focus.
Nikon Technologies: The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses incorporate a stepping motor to give you fast and accurate auto focusing. The drive system is whisper quiet, making the lens ideal for recording movies.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm: The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel which provides accurate aperture blade control during auto exposure.
- IF Lens: NIKKOR IF lenses focus by shifting only the internal lens elements. Internal Focusing lenses do not change in size during AF operation, and are typically more compact, lightweight, and capable of closer focusing distances.
- Aspherical Lens Elements (AS): Aspherical lenses are used to reduce aberrations, and enable a more compact lens size.
- Extra-low Dispersion Elements (ED): The lens features Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens elements, developed by Nikon to correct chromatic aberrations.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
|Type of Mount||Nikon Z mount|
|Focal Length Scale (mm)||16mm, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||0.2x|
|Lens Construction||9 elements in 7 groups |
(including 1 ED lens element and 4 aspherical elements)
|Closest Focus Distance|| |
16mm: 0.82' (9.84")
|Focusing Method||Internal Focusing System|
|Aperture Range||16mm: f/3.5 - f/22 |
50mm: f/6.3 - f/40
|Angle of View||83° - 31°30' (DX image area)|
|Dimensions||Diameter 2.762" Length 1.498" (2.143" w/lens caps)|
Lens Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on the lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.