- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- f/0.95 maximum aperture for exceptional low light imaging and depth of field control
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- ARNEO Coat works with Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce ghosting and flare, even when there's a light source in the frame
- protective fluorine coating allows easier cleaning of water, dirt, and smudges
- built-in OLED info panel lets you quickly confirm aperture, focus distance, and depth of field
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- customizable fn button can be set to allow you to preview depth of field, lock focus, magnify to confirm focus, and more
- high-precision manual focus ring lets you accurately adjust focus — great for stills and movies
- lens construction: 17 elements in 10 groups
- 4 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 3 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- 11-blade circular aperture for smooth, natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 1.64'
- minimum aperture: f/16
- accepts 82mm screw-in filters
- includes front and rear lens caps, custom trunk case and lens hood
- lens is 4-1/16" in diameter and 6-1/16" long
- weight: 70.6 oz. (4.4 lbs.)
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20086
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens
- LC-82B 82mm Lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 rear lens cap (installed)
- HN-38 Screw-on lens hood
- CT-101 Hard trunk case
- User's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is a new flagship lens for Nikon's new Z-series of mirrorless full-frame cameras. It is a manual focus lens, and has the largest aperture of any NIKKOR lens ever at f/0.95. It is ideal for portraits and video, as well as night landscapes and astrophotography. It is particularly adept at point image reproduction (photographing points of light), such as cityscapes and starry night skies. The lens comes with a built-in tripod collar, and includes a lens hood and a hard shell storage case.
Z Mount: Nikon's Z-series of mirrorless cameras feature the new large-diameter Z Mount. The Z Mount has a 55mm inner mount diameter and a short flange focal distance of 16mm, which allows more light to enter through the lens than the standard Nikon F Mount (44mm inner mount diameter and 46.5mm focal plane distance). This allows the Z-series lenses to capture more light, resulting in sharper images from the center of the frame to the far edges of the image. The Z Mount also has more electrical contacts, which means faster communication between the camera and the lens for improved performance.
Nikkor S-Line: The lens is part of the NIKKOR Z S-Line of lenses which reflect the newly established standards in design principles and quality control that are stricter than Nikon's conventional standards. Each S-Line lens provides an optical performance with rich detail and a sense of reality in every still image or movie it creates. S-Line lenses reach new heights of achievement in resolution, bokeh, chromatic aberration correction, ghost/flare reduction, and point-image reproduction.
11-blade Rounded Diaphragm: The NIKKOR Z 58mm lens features an f/0.95 aperture. The 11-blade rounded diaphragm produces stunning out-of-focus background elements (bokeh) in your photographs.
Weather Sealed: The lens is durable and lightweight, and is extensively sealed against dust and water, particularly around all moving parts.
Manual Focusing Only: This is a manual focus lens only. Regardless of the selected focus mode on the camera, you must adjust the focus manually using the large focus ring.
Point Image Photography: With its super-wide aperture, shooting point light sources is challenging, usually requiring post-production correction. Sagittal comma is an aberration that causes points of light to appear distorted. The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens eliminates sagittal comma distortion across the entire frame, so you get perfectly rendered point light images, even at the edges.
Lens Info Panel: The lens features an OLED information panel that lights up when the camera is on and the lens is attached to the camera. Pressing the display button will cycle through lens status information, including depth-of-field, focus distance, and aperture. You can adjust the display brightness (6 levels), and set the measuring units to feet or meters. The Lens Info Panel can be turned off, if desired.
Control Ring / L-Fn Button: The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct has a rotating control ring for adjusting settings, such as aperture or exposure compensation. In addition, the L-Fn button can be customized to perform a specific function. The Control Ring and L-Fn button functions are set in the camera menu.
Built-in Tripod Collar: The lens has a built-in rotating tripod collar that allows you to attach a tripod to the lens instead of the camera. Attaching the tripod to the lens lets you rotate the camera from landscape to portrait orientation without having to remove the camera. Index marks on the lens help you set the camera orientation more precisely.
Lens Hood: The NIKKOR Z 58mm lens comes with the screw-on HN-38 lens hood to block stray light and prevent lens flare and ghosting, and to protect the front lens element. Unlike bayonet-type lens hoods, the HN-38 cannot be reverse-mounted on the lens when not in use.
Trunk Case: The lens comes with a hard protective trunk case (CT-101). The polypropylene case has compartments for the lens, lens hood (unattached), and accessories. External Dimensions: Width 18.3", Height 7", Depth 14.5"; Weight 6 pounds 10.7 ounces.
Nikon Technologies: The lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Fluorine Coat: The front lens element has a Fluorine Coating that repels dirt, dust, and moisture. Smudges, fingerprints, and oily stains can be easily removed with a soft, clean cotton cloth or lens cleaning tissue.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: ED glass elements are used to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Aspherical Lens: The lens uses aspherical lenses to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. These lens elements have a curved, non-spherical surface, and corrects lens distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- Nano Crystal Coat: Developed by Nikon, the anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat eliminates ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally, particularly red light.
- ARNEO Coat: This Nikon-developed anti-reflective coating works with the Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce ghosting and flaring caused by incidental light entering the lens.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism gives you accurate diaphragm and aperture blade control when using auto exposure, particularly during continuous shooting.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The optical elements in NIKKOR lenses have a multi-layer coating.
- Focal Length: 58mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame)
- Maximum Aperture: f/0.95
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.194x
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 10 groups (including 4 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, elements with Nano Crystal and ARNEO coats, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)
- Angle of View: 40°50' (FX format), 27°20' (DX format)
- Focusing System: Front focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19.68" (1.64 feet)
- Diaphragm: 11-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 82mm
- Dimensions: 4.1" diameter, 6.1" length
- Weight: 4 pounds 6.6 ounces