About the Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8S
A versatile light-gathering zoom for your Nikon Z-series mirrorless camera
Nikon's Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S zoom has a versatile focal range that's useful for everything from landscape and architecture shots to portraits and detailed close-ups. With that kind of range, plus a constant f/2.8 aperture, this lens is great for capturing events. In fact, I used its DSLR equivalent to shoot a sunset wedding and was really happy with the results. Once the sun went down, that big aperture was really handy. This lens comes in at about half a pound lighter than the one I used, and when you mount it to a Z-series camera, you'll have a professional rig that won't weigh you down.
- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- f/2.8 maximum aperture stays constant throughout the zoom range
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- new ARNEO Coat works with Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce ghosting and flare, even when there's a light source in the frame
- protective fluorine coating allows easier cleaning of water, dirt, and smudges
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 17 elements in 15 groups
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 4 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- new, ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 1.25'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- filter/attachment size: 82mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 3-1/2" in diameter and 5" long
- weight: 24.8 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20089
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S zoom lens
- LC-82B 82mm front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-87 Lens hood
- CL-C2 soft lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
More details on the Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8S
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S is a new mid-range zoom lens for Nikon's new Z-series of mirrorless full-frame cameras. It is ideal for a wide variety of still image and movie applications. The lens features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture across the entire zoom range for consistent exposure. The lens comes with a lens hood and a soft storage pouch.
9-blade Rounded Diaphragm: The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm lens features a fast f/2.8 aperture with a 9-blade rounded diaphragm. This combination can produce stunning out-of-focus background elements (bokeh) in your photographs.
Weather Sealed: The lens is durable and lightweight, and is extensively sealed against dust and water, particularly around all moving parts.
Control Ring: The NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/1.8 S features a new customizable control ring. In the camera menu, you can assign one of three functions to the control ring. By default, the ring controls manual focusing, however, you can set it for aperture control or exposure compensation.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the petal-shaped HB-87 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 1-3/4" to the overall length of the lens.
Nikon Technologies: The lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): The lens uses a stepping motor to give you fast, quiet autofocusing. This makes it ideal to use when shooting video.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: ED glass elements are used to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Aspherical Lens: Aspherical lens elements have curved, non-spherical surfaces, which reduce aberrations, and allow lighter, and more compact lens sizes. They correct distortion in wide-angle lenses.
- Nano Crystal Coat: Developed by Nikon, the anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat eliminates ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally, particularly red light.
- ARNEO Coat: In conjuction with the Nano Crystal Coat, this anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon further reduces flare and ghosting caused by light entering the lens vertically.
- Fluorine Coating: The lens has a fluorine coating on the front and rear elements to repel dirt, moisture, fingerprints, and dust. This makes the lens easy to clean.
- Internal Focus (IF): When focusing, only the internal lens groups move, meaning the lens length does not change.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism gives you accurate diaphragm and aperture blade control when using auto exposure, particularly during continuous shooting.
- Super Integrated Coating: The optical elements in NIKKOR lenses have a multi-layer coating.
- Focal Length: 24-70mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 15 groups (including 2 ED elements, 4 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano Crystal and ARNEO Coats, and flourine-coated front and rear lens elements)
- Angle of View: 84°-34°20' (FX format), 61°-22°50' (DX format)
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance: 15" (1.25')
- Diaphragm: 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 82mm
- Dimensions: 3.489" diameter, 5.153" length (5.719" with lens caps)
- Weight: 28.4 ounces