About the Nikon Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8s
A great portrait lens for your Nikon Z Series mirrorless camera
Nikon's Z 85mm f/1.8 S lens is a natural choice for portraits, close-ups, and detail shots. This medium telephoto prime lets you shoot at a relaxed distance from your subject. This lens is capable of creating radiant low-light images and crisp portraits with beautifully blurred backgrounds, thanks to its large maximum aperture.
- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- lens construction: 12 elements in 8 groups
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 2.62'
- minimum aperture: f/16
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 3" in diameter and 3-15/16" long
- weight: 16.6 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20090
What's in the box:
- Z 85mm F1.8 S lens
- LC-67B front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-91 Lens hood
- CL-C1 Soft lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8s
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S is a new ultra-wide zoom lens for Nikon's new Z-series of mirrorless full-frame cameras. It is ideal for portraits, fashion, weddings, street photography, and tight video shots. The lens comes with a lens hood and a soft storage pouch.
Z Mount: Nikon's Z-series of mirrorless cameras feature the new large-diameter Z Mount. The Z Mount has a 55mm inner mount diameter and a short flange focal distance of 16mm, which allows more light to enter through the lens than the standard Nikon F Mount (44mm inner mount diameter and 46.5mm focal plane distance). This allows the Z-series lenses to capture more light, resulting in sharper images from the center of the frame to the far edges of the image. The Z Mount also has more electrical contacts, which means faster communication between the camera and the lens for improved performance.
Nikkor S-Line: The lens is part of the NIKKOR Z S-Line of lenses which reflect the newly established standards in design principles and quality control that are stricter than Nikon's conventional standards. Each S-Line lens provides an optical performance with rich detail and a sense of reality in every still image or movie it creates. S-Line lenses reach new heights of achievement in resolution, bokeh, chromatic aberration correction, ghost/flare reduction, and point-image reproduction.
9-blade Rounded Diaphragm: The NIKKOR Z 85mm lens features an f/1.8 aperture. The 9-blade rounded diaphragm produces stunning out-of-focus background elements (bokeh) in your photographs.
Weather Sealed: The lens is durable and lightweight, and is extensively sealed against dust and water, particularly around all moving parts.
Control Ring: The NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S features a new customizable control ring. In the camera menu, you can assign one of three functions to the control ring. By default, the ring controls manual focusing, however, you can set it for aperture control or exposure compensation.
Nikon Technologies: The lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): The lens uses a stepping motor to give you fast, quiet autofocusing. This makes it ideal to use when shooting video.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: ED glass elements are used to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Nano Crystal Coat: Developed by Nikon, the anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat eliminates ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally, particularly red light.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism gives you accurate diaphragm and aperture blade control when using auto exposure, particularly during continuous shooting.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Because only the internal lens group shifts during focusing, this IF lens does not change in size.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The optical elements in NIKKOR lenses have a multi-layer coating.
- Focal Length: 85mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame)
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 8 groups (including 2 ED elements)
- Angle of View: 28°30' (FX format), 18°50' (DX format)
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance: 31.44" (2.62 feet)
- Diaphragm: 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Dimensions: 2.888" diameter, 4.11" (4.692" with lens caps)
- Weight: 16.6 ounces