- 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z Series full-frame mirrorless cameras
- 105-300mm effective focal length with APS-C (DX-format) cameras
- constant f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range for outstanding low-light performance
- minimum aperture of f/22 throughout the zoom range
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- dimmable built-in EL (Electroluminescent) display panel allows quick, convenient confirmation of aperture, focal length, focus distance, and depth-of-field
- two customizable function buttons to preview depth of field, lock focus, magnify to confirm focus, and more
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- built-in Vibration Reduction enables sharper shots at slower shutter speeds compared to non-VR lenses (up to five shutter speeds slower)
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- anti-reflective ARNEO Coat to further reduce ghost and flare effects caused by stray light entering the lens vertically
- protective fluorine coating resists water, dirt, and smudges
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- lens construction: 21 elements in 18 groups
- 6 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 2 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 1.64'
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 3-5/8" in diameter and 8-3/4" long
- weight: 48 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20091
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S telephoto zoom lens
- LC-77B 77mm Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-92 Lens hood
- CL-C3 Soft lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty Sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S
Overview: The Nikon Z NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S lens is a telephoto zoom lens that is ideal for photographing birds and wildlife, sporting events, and concerts, as well as weddings and portraits. The lens includes Vibration Reduction to reduce blur caused by camera shake. The minimum focusing distance varies with the zoom position, from 1.64' (19.68") at 70mm to 3.28' (39.36") at 200mm. The lens comes with a lens hood, tripod collar, and soft lens case.
FX-format Lens: This lens is optimized for use on Nikon FX-format (full frame) cameras, but it is also compatible with Nikon's DX-format cameras. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens will have an angle of view equivalent to a 105-300mm lens, due to the crop factor of 1.5x.
Nikkor S-Line: The lens is part of the NIKKOR Z S-Line of lenses which reflect the newly established standards in design principles and quality control that are stricter than Nikon's conventional standards. Each S-Line lens provides an optical performance with rich detail and a sense of reality in every still image or movie it creates. S-Line lenses reach new heights of achievement in resolution, bokeh, chromatic aberration correction, ghost/flare reduction, and point-image reproduction.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Vibration Reduction technology reduces blur caused by camera shake, which allows you to to use shutter speeds up to an incredible 5.5 stops slower than normal.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism (E): The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel to provide accurate aperture blade control during auto-exposure during continuous shooting. Conventional lenses (D/G types) have mechanical linkage levers to control the diaphragm blades.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass: This lens contains Extra-low Dispersion optical glass developed by Nikon for optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Internal Focusing (IF): The lens features a system in which only the internal lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during auto focusing, and enabling closer focusing distances.
- Nano Crystal Coat: The lens has Nikon's anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coating that eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. It effectively reduces flare and ghosting caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- ARNEO Coat: Used in conjunction with the Nano Crystal Coat, the ARNEO coating further reduces flare and ghosting caused by light entering the lens vertically.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- Fluorine Coat: The front lens element has a fluorine coating that repels dust, water droplets, grease, fingerprints, and dirt, which makes cleaning the lens much easier.
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocusing. The motor operates in virtual silence, which makes it ideal for video recording.
Lens Construction: The lens contains 21 elements in 18 groups, including 6 ED lens elements, 1 Fluorite element, 1 SR (short-wavelength refractive) lens element, 2 Aspherical elements, and lens elements with anti-reflective Nano-Crystal Coatings and ARNEO Coatings. There is also a protective glass element with a fluorine coating to repel dust, water droplets, grease, or dirt.
Filter Diameter: The NIKKOR 70-200mm zoom lens features a screw-in filter thread that accommodates 77mm filters.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to several functions, including aperture control, exposure compensation, or ISO sensitivity. The functionality is customizable in the menu of the attached Z-series camera. The ring rotates in silence, which is ideal for shooting video.
Shortcut Buttons: Two shortcut buttons (L-Fn and L-Fn2) on the lens barrel can be customized to specific functions. Some options include focus lock, depth of field preview, image magnify (for focus check), and more.
Lens Hood: The bayonet-style HB-92 lens hood (included) blocks stray light from getting into the lens causing flare or ghosting. It also protects the front of the lens from direct contact, as well as keeping out dirt, rain, and snow. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted onto the lens for storage.
Tripod Collar: The NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S lens comes with a tripod collar that allows you to mount the lens onto a tripod. This gives the camera better balance when the lens is installed. With the tripod collar in use, it is much easier to switch between portrait and landscape orientation, because you can rotate the camera and lens within the tripod collar. There are markings on the lens every 90° for precise horizontal or vertical positioning. The tripod collar is removable, if desired.
- Focal Length: 70mm - 200mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.2x
- Lens Construction: 21 elements in 18 groups including 6 ED lens elements, 1 Fluorite element, 1 SR (short-wavelength refractive) lens elements, 2 Aspherical elements, and lens elements with anti-reflective Nano-Crystal Coatings and ARNEO Coatings.
- Angle of View:
- FX-Format: 12°20' to 34°20'
- DX-Format: 8° to 22°50'
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- 1.64' (19.68") at 70mm zoom position
- 2.07' (24.84") at 85mm zoom position
- 2.23' (26.76") at 105mm zoom position
- 2.62' (31.44") at 135mm zoom position
- 3.28' (39.36") at 200mm zoom position
- Diaphragm: 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 77mm (screw type)
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.6", Length 8.7"
- Weight: 48 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.