About the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR
A versatile lens that makes life easier
A versatile lens that makes life easier
There's a dilemma that many photographers face when packing for a trip: "Which lenses should I bring?" If you're a Z Series mirrorless shooter, Nikon makes this decision much easier than it might otherwise be. The ultra-versatile NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR zoom lens lets you cover the most commonly used focal lengths with a simple flick of your wrist.
This lens lets you capture landscape, portrait, and wildlife shots — all without having to pack a bag full of lenses (or switch back and forth between lenses while sightseeing). The icing on the cake? Built-in vibration reduction helps keep handheld photos and video footage smooth, even when you're zoomed all the way in on your subject.
- 24-200mm wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z Series full-frame mirrorless cameras
- 36-300mm effective focal length with APS-C (DX-format) cameras
- versatile range of focal lengths makes it ideal for landscape, portrait, travel, and everyday photography
- variable maximum aperture of f/4 at 24mm and f/6.3 at 200mm
- variable minimum aperture of f/22 at 24mm and f/36 at 200mm
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- built-in Vibration Reduction enables sharper shots at slower shutter speeds compared to non-VR lenses
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- anti-reflective ARNEO Coat to reduce ghost and flare effects caused by stray light entering the lens vertically
- protective fluorine coating resists water, dirt, and smudges
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- lens construction: 19 elements in 15 groups
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 2 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) design for fast, smooth autofocus
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 1.64'
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens case
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter and 4-11/16" long (fully zoomed out)
- weight: 20.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20092
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR zoom lens
- LC-67B Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-93 Lens hood
- CL-C1 Lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR
Overview: The Nikon Z NIKKOR 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR lens is an all-in-one zoom lens that conveniently covers a wide range of focal lengths. On the wide angle side, you can capture wide open landscapes and architecture. On the other end of the scale, the lens is ideal for portraits, street photography, and closeups. The lens includes Vibration Reduction to reduce blur caused by camera shake. The minimum focusing distance varies with the zoom position, from 1.64' (19.68") at 24mm to 2.3' (27.6") at 200mm. The lens comes with a lens hood and soft lens case.
FX-format Lens: This lens is optimized for use on Nikon FX-format (full frame) cameras, but it is also compatible with Nikon's DX-format cameras. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens will have an angle of view equivalent to a 36-300mm lens, due to the crop factor of 1.5x.
Nikon Technologies: The Nikon Z NIKKOR 24-200mm f/4-6.3 VR lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Vibration Reduction technology reduces blur caused by camera shake, which allows you to to use shutter speeds up to an incredible 5.0 stops slower than normal.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism (E): The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel to provide accurate aperture blade control during auto-exposure during continuous shooting. Conventional lenses (D/G types) have mechanical linkage levers to control the diaphragm blades.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass: This lens contains Extra-low Dispersion optical glass developed by Nikon for optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Internal Focusing (IF): The lens features a system in which only the internal lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during auto focusing, and enabling closer focusing distances.
- Nano Crystal Coat: The lens has Nikon's anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coating that eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. It effectively reduces flare and ghosting caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- ARNEO Coat: Used in conjunction with the Nano Crystal Coat, the ARNEO coating further reduces flare and ghosting caused by light entering the lens vertically.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
- Fluorine Coat: The front lens element has a fluorine coating that repels dust, water droplets, grease, fingerprints, and dirt, which makes cleaning the lens much easier.
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocusing. The motor operates in virtual silence, which makes it ideal for video recording.
Lens Construction: The lens contains 19 elements in 15 groups, including 2 ED lens elements, 1 Aspherical ED element, 2 Aspherical elements, and lens elements with an ARNEO coat. There is also a protective front glass element with a fluorine coating to repel dust, water droplets, grease, or dirt.
Filter Diameter: The NIKKOR 24-200mm zoom lens features a screw-in filter thread that accommodates 67mm filters.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to several functions, including aperture control, exposure compensation, or ISO sensitivity. The functionality is customizable in the menu of the attached Z-series camera. The ring rotates in silence, which is ideal for shooting video.
Lens Hood: The bayonet-style HB-93 lens hood (included) blocks stray light from getting into the lens causing flare or ghosting. It also protects the front of the lens from direct contact, as well as keeping out dirt, rain, and snow. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted onto the lens for storage.
- Focal Length: 24mm - 200mm
- Zoom Ratio: 8.3x
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame); DX (APS-C) with a 1.5x crop factor
- Maximum Aperture: f/4 (at 24mm); f/6.3 (at 200mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (at 24mm); f/36 (at 200mm)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.28x
- Lens Construction: 19 elements in 15 groups including 2 ED lens elements, 1 Aspherical ED lens element, 2 Aspherical elements, and lens elements with an ARNEO coat, and a fluorine-coated front lens element
- Angle of View:
- FX-Format: 84° to 12°20'
- DX-Format: 61° to 8°
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Focal Length Scale: graduated in millimeters (24, 35, 50, 70, 105, 135, 200)
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- 1.64' (19.68") at 24mm zoom position
- 1.78' (21.36") at 35mm zoom position
- 1.81' (21.72") at 50mm zoom position
- 1.91' (22.92") at 70mm zoom position
- 2.14' (25.68") at 105mm zoom position
- 2.24' (26.88") at 135mm zoom position
- 2.3' (27.6") at 200mm zoom position
- Diaphragm: 7-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 67mm (screw type)
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.002", Length 4.673" (5.237" w/caps)
- Weight: 20.2 ounces