About the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3
Big performance from a compact lens
This 24-50mm zoom is the perfect lightweight "go-anywhere" lens for your Nikon Z Series mirrorless camera. Covering the traditional "kit lens" focal range, its versatile design lets you shoot everything from crisp, wide landscapes to detailed close-ups with dreamy blurred backgrounds. On APS-C sensor cameras like the Z50, the slightly longer 36-75mm equivalent focal length makes it great for taking portraits at a more relaxed distance from your subject.
- lens type: Z-mount full frame
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras: 36-75mm
- Super Integrated Coating on lens elements provides excellent color richness and contrast
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 11 elements in 10 groups
- 2 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 3 aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- ultra-quiet stepping motor (STM) for fast, smooth autofocus
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism for accurate aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting
- minimum focus distance: 13.8"
- variable maximum aperture of f/4 at 24mm and f/6.3 at 50mm
- variable minimum aperture of f/22 at 24mm and f/36 at 50mm
- filter/attachment size: 52mm
- includes front and rear lens caps
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter and 2-1/16" long
- weight: 6.9 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20096
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 zoom lens
- LC-52B front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 rear lens cap (installed)
- User Manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 lens is a versatile wide angle to standard zoom lens that conveniently covers the sweet spot of focal lengths. At the wide angle position, you can capture wide open landscapes, street photography, and architecture. Zoom in to 50mm for portraits, product images, and everyday snapshots. The minimum focusing distance at all zoom positions is 1.15' (13.8").
FX-format Lens: This lens is optimized for use on Nikon FX-format (full frame) cameras, but it is also compatible with Nikon's DX-format cameras. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens will have an angle of view equivalent to a 36-75mm lens, due to the crop factor of 1.5x.
Nikon Technologies: The NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocusing. The motor operates in virtual silence, which makes it ideal for video recording.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism (E): The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel to provide accurate aperture blade control during auto-exposure during continuous shooting. Conventional lenses (D/G types) have mechanical linkage levers to control the diaphragm blades.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass: This lens contains Extra-low Dispersion optical glass developed by Nikon for optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Internal Focusing (IF): The lens features a system in which only the internal lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during auto focusing, and enabling closer focusing distances.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): The lens features a multi-layered coating of the optical elements.
Lens Construction: The lens contains 11 elements in 10 groups, including 2 ED lens elements, and 3 Aspherical elements.
Filter Diameter: The NIKKOR 24-50mm zoom lens features a screw-in filter thread that accommodates 52mm filters.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to several functions, including aperture control, exposure compensation, or ISO sensitivity. The functionality is customizable in the menu of the attached Z-series camera. The ring rotates in silence, which is ideal for shooting video.
Lens Hood: The optional bayonet-style HB-98 lens hood (sold separately) blocks stray light from getting into the lens causing flare or ghosting. It also protects the front of the lens from direct contact, as well as keeping out dirt, rain, and snow. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted onto the lens for storage.
- Focal Length: 24mm - 50mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame); DX (APS-C) with a 1.5x crop factor
- Maximum Aperture: f/4 (at 24mm); f/6.3 (at 50mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (at 24mm); f/36 (at 50mm)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.17x (50mm zoom position)
- Angle of View:
- FX-Format: 84° to 47°
- DX-Format: 61° to 31°30'
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Focal Length Scale: graduated in millimeters (24, 28, 35, 40, 50)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.15' (13.8") at all zoom positions
- Diaphragm: 7-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 52mm (screw type)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.878", Length 2.208" (2.752" w/caps)
- Weight: 6.9 ounces
Lens Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.