About the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S
Built for adventure and versatility
Built for adventure and versatility
Want an all-purpose zoom lens that excels at nearly all types of photography? The versatile NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S covers the most commonly used focal lengths, making it a great choice for landscape, portrait, and travel photography. Add it to your Z Series mirrorless camera and capture vibrant photos and videos on trips, hikes, and other fun outings.
This versatile zoom lens pairs nicely with the Z 6II (camera body not included).
Premium construction for long-term ownership
When I invest in a new lens, I'm buying for the long haul. Build quality matters a great deal to me, and the NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S has it in spades. It's dust- and water-resistant, so you can use it outdoors with confidence.
Advanced design technologies, like Nikon's ARNEO Coat and anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat ensure the glass elements perform at a high level and hold up over time. You'll be able to capture rich, vibrant images for years.
- wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- compact design makes it a great choice for taking vibrant photos on trips, hikes, and other fun outings
- effective focal length:
- 24-120mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 36-180mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- f/4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
Design and construction:
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- dual stepping motor design (STM) for fast, smooth, and ultra-quiet autofocus
- nearly silent autofocus is ideal for shooting video, including vlogging
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used to adjust aperture, ISO, or exposure compensation
- customizable barrel-mounted "shortcut" button quickly activates subject tracking, AF Lock, image playback, and more
- lens construction: 16 elements in 13 groups
- 3 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- 3 aspherical lens elements provides clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat reduces ghosting and flare
- Nikon's ARNEO Coat works with Nano Crystal Coat to further reduce ghosting and flare, even when there's a light source in the frame
- fluorine coating repels dust, water, and dirt for easy cleaning
- includes front and rear caps, lens hood, and lens case
Dimensions and warranty:
- diameter: 3-5/16"
- length: 4-7/8"
- weight: 22.3 oz.
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20105
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S zoom lens
- LC-77B Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-102 Lens hood
- CL-C2 Lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S
Overview: The Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S lens is a wide angle-to-telephoto zoom lens that is ideal for capturing wide open landscapes, portraits, architecture, and just about everything else. It is designed for Nikon Z-series mirrorless cameras. It covers the focal lengths of 24mm to 120mm on an FX format camera, with a 36-180mm equivalent on DX cameras. In addition to front and rear lens caps, the lens comes with a bayonet-style lens hood and a polyester lens case.
Lens Construction: The lens contains 16 elements in 13 groups, including 1 aspherical ED element and 3 ED glass elements, and elements with Nano Crystal and ARNEO coats, and a fluorine-coated front lens element.
Nikon Technologies: The NIKKOR Z 24-120mm lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocusing. The motor operates in virtual silence, which makes it ideal for video recording.
- Internal Focusing (IF): The lens features a system in which only the internal lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during auto focusing, and enabling closer focusing distances.
- Aspherical Lens (AS): The lens has a curved, non-spherical surface which reduces aberrations, and allows for a more compact lens. Aspherical lenses correct distortion at wide angles, minimize coma, and other types of lens aberrations.
- ED Glass (ED): Extra-low Dispersion Glass is used to correct chromatic aberrations.
- Nano Crystal Coat: Nikon's anti-reflective coating virtually eliminates reflections on the internal lens elements. The coating effectively reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally.
Nikkor S-Line: The lens is part of the NIKKOR Z S-Line of lenses which reflect the newly established standards in design principles and quality control that are stricter than Nikon's conventional standards. Each S-Line lens provides an optical performance with rich detail and a sense of reality in every still image or movie it creates. S-Line lenses reach new heights of achievement in resolution, bokeh, chromatic aberration correction, ghost/flare reduction, and point-image reproduction.
Filter Diameter: The NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S lens features a screw-in filter thread that accommodates 77mm filters.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the HB-102 lens hood to block stray light that would otherwise cause flare or ghosting. The hood also protects the front element of the lens from weather and accidental impacts. When mounted to the lens, the hood adds approximately 1.75" to the overall length of the lens.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to several functions, including precise manual focusing, aperture control, exposure compensation, or ISO sensitivity. The functionality is customizable in the menu of the attached Z-series camera. The ring rotates in silence, which is ideal for shooting video. Special knurling on the outside of the Control Ring makes it easier to distinguish from the zoom ring.
Controls: The lens features the following on-board controls:
- Focus-mode Switch: The two-way Focus-mode switch lets you choose between Autofocus and Manual focus. If Manual Focus is selected using camera controls, focus must be adjusted manually, regardless of the A-M setting on the lens.
- L-Fn Button: Using the camera, you can assign a function to the lens' L-Fn button. Pressing the L-Fn button on the barrel of the lens, activates/deactivates the set function.
Optional Teleconverters: The zoom power of the NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S can be extended even further through the use of optional Nikon Z-series teleconverters. The lens is compatible with the Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x and Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x to extend the reach by 1.4x and 2.0x, respectively.
- Focal Length: 24-120mm (FX); 36-180mm (DX)
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX + DX
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.39x
- Angle of View:
- FX format: 84° - 20°20'
- DX format: 61° - 13°20'
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Focal Length Scale: Graduated in millimeters (24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 85, 120)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.15' (13.8") at all zoom positions
- Diaphragm: 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 77mm (screw type)
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.302", Length 4.817" (5.402" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 22.3 ounces