About the Nikon NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8
A go-to zoom lens for nearly any event
Do you shoot with a Nikon Z Series mirrorless camera? If so you're in for a treat. The NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 is a lightweight, compact zoom lens that's ideal for capturing vibrant photos and videos on the go.
I find this versatile focal range to be a sweet spot when it comes to photographing events like weddings or banquets. With a flick of the wrist I can zoom out wide for dramatic perspectives, or zoom in close for fun candids and portraits.
This compact zoom lens delivers top-notch image quality with your Z Series mirrorless camera (body not included).
Don't hesitate to open it up
This lens is particularly sharp when shot wide open (meaning the aperture or "f number" is set to its lowest number). With a wide f/2.8 maximum aperture you can capture crisp details of up-close subjects while blurring out the background.
I especially like this zoom lens for event photographers who work in fast-paced, low-light environments.
Premium construction for long-term ownership
When I invest in a new lens I'm buying for the long haul. Build quality matters a great deal to me, and the NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 has it in spades.
This lens is dust- and water-resistant, so you can use it outdoors with confidence. It also has a special coating on the front element that helps keep it clear of dirt and fingerprints. You'll be able to capture rich, color images for years.
- standard zoom lens for Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- ideal for photographing landscapes, portraits, weddings, and birthday parties
- effective focal length:
- 28-75mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 42-112.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
Design and construction:
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environments
- stepping motor design (STM) for fast, smooth, and ultra-quiet autofocus
- nearly silent autofocus is ideal for shooting video, including vlogging
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used to adjust aperture, ISO, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups including:
- 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- 3 aspherical lens elements provides clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- 1 Super ED lens element helps correct chromatic aberrations
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- front element features a special "antifouling" coating that resists dirt, fingerprints, and smudges
- includes front and rear caps, lens hood, and lens case
Dimensions and warranty:
- diameter: 3"
- length: 5"
- weight: 19.9 oz.
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20107
What's in the box:
- NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 zoom lens
- LC-67B Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-93A Lens hood
- CL-C2 soft lens case
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8
Overview: The NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/2.8 lens is a mid-range zoom lens that captures wide open landscapes, street photography, and architecture to portraits, product images, and everyday snapshots. The minimum focusing distance is 7.56" at 28mm and 15.36" at 75mm. The lens comes with a lens hood and soft cloth storage pouch.
FX-format Lens: This lens is optimized for use on Nikon FX-format (full frame) cameras, but it is also compatible with Nikon's DX-format cameras. When used on a DX-format camera, the lens will have an angle of view equivalent to a 42-112.5mm lens, due to the crop factor of 1.5x.
Nikon Technologies: The NIKKOR Z 28-75mm f/4-6.3 lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocusing. The motor operates in virtual silence, which makes it ideal for video recording.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism (E): The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel to provide accurate aperture blade control during auto-exposure during continuous shooting. Conventional lenses (D/G types) have mechanical linkage levers to control the diaphragm blades.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Glass: This lens contains Extra-low Dispersion optical glass developed by Nikon for optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Super ED Glass (ED): In addition to Extra-low Dispersion Glass, the lens has Super ED glass with even lower dispersion properties, and extremely high performance in reducing the secondary spectrum, to minimize chromatic aberration even further.
- Aspherical Lens (AS): Aspherical lenses have a curved, non-spherical surface, and reduce aberrations and allow lenses to be more compact. At the widest aperture, aspherical lenses minimize coma and other lens aberrations.
- Internal Focusing (IF): The lens features a system in which only the internal lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during auto focusing, and enabling closer focusing distances.
Lens Construction: The lens contains 15 elements in 12 groups, including 1 ED lens element, 1 super-ED element, and 3 Aspherical elements.
Filter Diameter: The NIKKOR 28-75mm zoom lens features a screw-in filter thread that accommodates 67mm filters.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to several functions, including aperture control, exposure compensation, or ISO sensitivity. In Autofocus mode, you can rotate the ring to adjust the aperture or switch from auto to manual focusing. The functionality is also customizable in the menu of the attached Z-series camera. In Manual Focus mode, rotating the ring lets you focus manually. The ring rotates in silence, which is ideal for shooting video.
Lens Hood: The included bayonet-style HB-93A lens hood blocks stray light from getting into the lens causing flare or ghosting. It also protects the front of the lens from direct contact, as well as keeping out dirt, rain, and snow. The hood adds approximately 1-3/8" to the overall length when mounted to the lens. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted onto the lens for storage.
- Focal Length: 28mm - 75mm
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame); DX (APS-C) with a 1.5x crop factor
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (constant)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (constant)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.34x
- Zoom Ratio: 2.7x
- Angle of View:
- FX-Format: 75° to 32°10'
- DX-Format: 53° to 21°20'
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Focal Length Scale: graduated in millimeters (28, 35, 50, 75)
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- 28mm zoom position: 7.56" (0.63 feet)
- 35mm zoom position: 8.76" (0.73 feet)
- 50mm zoom position: 11.88" (0.99 feet)
- 75mm zoom position: 15.36" (1.28 feet)
- Diaphragm: 9-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 67mm (screw type)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.938", Length 4.954" (5.529" w/caps)
- Weight: 19.9 ounces