About the Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE)
Specially made for the Z fc
Specially made for the Z fc
Proud owner of a new Nikon Z fc mirrorless camera? This special edition prime lens has the look and feel of Nikon's vintage glass, with the benefits of modern-day focusing technology. It provides a natural perspective of 42mm when paired with the Z fc, making it an excellent choice for travel and street photography.
Don't hesitate to open it up
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) is particularly sharp when shot wide open (meaning the aperture or "f number" is set to its lowest number). With a wide f/2.8 maximum aperture, you can capture crisp details of up-close subjects while blurring out the background.
- lens type: wide-angle
- compatible with Nikon Z Series mirrorless cameras
- special edition design matches the retro look of the Z fc
- effective focal length:
- 28mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 42mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- ideal for street, landscape, travel, and real estate photography
- f/2.8 maximum aperture for outstanding low-light performance
Design and construction:
- compact, lightweight design
- dual stepping motor design (STM) for fast, smooth, and ultra-quiet autofocus
- nearly silent autofocus is ideal for shooting video, including vlogging
- customizable control ring on lens barrel can be used for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation
- lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
- 2 aspherical lens element provides clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- 7-blade aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- minimum focus distance: .63'
- filter/attachment size: 52mm
Dimensions and warranty:
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter and 1-3/4" long
- weight: 5.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 20110
What's in the box:
Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) owner's manual
- NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) lens (black)
- LC-52B front lens cap (installed)
- LF-N1 rear lens cap (installed)
- User's Manual
- Warranty card
Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE)
Overview: The Nikon NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) lens is a wide-angle prime lens that is ideal for capturing wide open landscapes, portraits, architecture, and just about everything else. It is designed for Nikon Z-series mirrorless cameras with the FX (full frame) format. When attached to the Z fc, a DX-format camera, the 28mm lens acts like a 42mm lens (35mm equivalent). This special-edition (SE) lens is designed to match the classic 80s look of the Z fc camera, with its knurled control ring and focus ring.
Nikon Technologies: The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 (SE) lens is equipped with the following Nikon technologies:
- Stepping Motor (STM): NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocusing. The motor operates in virtual silence, which makes it ideal for video recording.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism (E): The lens has an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel to provide accurate aperture blade control during auto-exposure during continuous shooting. Conventional lenses (D/G types) have mechanical linkage levers to control the diaphragm blades.
- Internal Focusing (IF): The lens features a system in which only the internal lens group moves during focusing, eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during auto focusing, and enabling closer focusing distances.
- Aspherical Lens (AS): The lens has a curved, non-spherical surface which reduces aberrations, and allows for a more compact lens. Aspherical lenses correct distortion at wide angles, minimize coma, and other types of lens aberrations.
Lens Construction: The lens contains 9 elements in 8 groups, including 2 aspherical elements.
Filter Diameter: The NIKKOR Z 28mm lens features a screw-in filter thread that accommodates 52mm filters.
Control Ring: The smooth operating Control Ring gives you quick access to several functions, including precise manual focusing, aperture control, exposure compensation, or ISO sensitivity. The functionality is customizable in the menu of the attached Z-series camera. The ring rotates in silence, which is ideal for shooting video.
- Focal Length: 28mm (FX); 42mm (DX)
- Mount: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX (full-frame); DX (APS-C) with a 1.5x crop factor
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.2x
- Angle of View:
- FX-Format: 75°
- DX-Format: 53°
- Focusing System: Internal focusing system
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.63' (7.56")
- Diaphragm: 7-blade rounded diaphragm opening
- Filter Diameter: 52mm (screw type)
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.9", Length 1.7"
- Weight: 5.7 ounces