About the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 ED VR
One lens, many applications
Add some serious zoom to your compatible Nikon digital SLR camera with this high-quality Nikkor lens. Its versatile 35mm equivalent focal range of 27 to 450mm lets you capture impressive wide-angle panoramas and closeups of nearby subjects, as well as crisp super telephoto shots of animals in the wild or your children at play. And with Nikon's VR vibration reduction, you'll be able to work in less light than you'd expect, thanks to the slower shutter speeds you'll be able to use while keeping your images sharp. Plus, its light weight and compact size make this one lens you'll want to leave on your camera to capture whatever comes your way.
- AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 ED VR wide-angle to long-telephoto zoom lens
- 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-450mm
- compatible with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- Vibration Reduction allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four stops slower shutter speed)
- contains three ED (extra-low dispersion) and three aspherical lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet focusing
- seven rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas
- minimum focus distance: 18.9 inches
- minimum aperture: f/22 (wide), f/40 (tele)
- constructed of 16 elements in 12 groups
- attachment/filter size: 67mm
- lens is 3-13/16" long, 3" in diameter
- weight: 19.4 ounces
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2216
What's in the box:
- AF-S NIKKOR DX 18-300mm 3.5-6.3G ED VR zoom lens
- LC-67 Front lens cap
- LF-4 rear lens cap (installed)
- User's Manual
- 5 Years of Protection warranty sheet
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 ED VR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 ED VR
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR lens is an all-in-one 16.7x telephoto zoom lens that allows you to leave your other lenses in the bag. You can shoot wide-angle landscapes, group photos and portraits, or zoom in for extreme closeups. The lens is compatible with DX-format Nikon D-SLRs.
Nikon Features: The lens features many Nikon technologies:
- Aspherical Lens Element (AS): The lens has three aspherical lens elements, which utilizes non-spherical surfaces on one or both sides of the glass. This reduces certain types of aberrations and enables a more compact lens size.
- Extra-Low Dispersion Glass (ED): ED glass is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to correct chromatic aberrations. The lens has three ED glass elements.
- Internal Focusing (IF): Only the internal lens group shifts during focusing, therefore the lens does not change in size during focusing. This allows for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic vibrations, rather than a gear system, to enable fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
- Auto-Manual Switch (A-M): The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. For auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "A". Most Nikon D-SLRs allow for manual focusing by simply rotating the focus ring on the lens, regardless of the position of the A-M switch.
- Vibration Reduction (VR): An exclusive Nikon technology that automatically compensates for camera shake to improve image stability. Vibration Reduction is enabled by setting the VR switch on the lens barrel to the On position.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm, which can achieve beautiful bokeh with soft, natural edges that smoothly diminishes away from your focal point. The bokeh characteristics can provide smooth focusing transitions to draw attention to your subject when recording HD video.
Flash Note: When using this lens with a camera's built-in flash, you should shoot at ranges of 2 feet or more. This will avoid vignetting, caused by the end of the lens blocking the light from the built-in flash.
Optional Lens Hood: The optional HB-39 bayonet lens hood can be used to protect the lens and block stray light that would cause lens flare and ghosting.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S DX Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 18-300mm (equivalent to 27-450mm on 35mm cameras)
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 19.2" (1.6')
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22 at 18mm; f/6.3 to f/40 at 300mm
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups with 3 ED lens elements and 3 aspherical lens elements
- Angle of View: 76° - 5°20'
- Diaphragm Blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.093", Length=4.22" (4.823" with lens caps)
- Weight: approximately 19.4 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked