About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
One thing every vacationer needs is a way to relive the highlights after the trip is done. I don't know about you, but whenever I see pictures of great moments from vacations past, a little bit of that wonderful happy vacation essence sneaks out of the frame and into my mind.
That's exactly why you need a master documentor on your side. This AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR lens, in combination with your favorite Nikon DSLR, is a worthy candidate. With a 24-85mm "standard" zoom range on FX-format (full-frame) cameras, it's set for making the most of any any opportunity, from a vivid close-up portrait with Niagara Falls churning in the background to a wide shot of... well, Niagara Falls. Or any other amazing vista you can imagine. This lens is light-sensitive, rock-steady, and tack-sharp from edge to edge, so the fact that it will handle most of your vacation photo opportunities with its versatile focal length is just the proverbial cherry on top.
- AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR zoom lens
- designed for use with Nikon digital SLR camera
- 24-85mm focal length on full-frame sensors (FX format); 36-136.5mm effective focal length for APS-C sensor cameras (DX format)
- versatile zoom range for landscapes, people photography, and everyday shooting
- minimum focus distance: 15 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22-29
- lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups
- contains one ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- three aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- super integrated coating reduces flare and ghosting
- auto tripod detection minimizes shutter vibration for ultra-sharp long-exposure pictures
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 3-9/16" long
- weight: 16.4 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and lens pouch
- MFR # 2204
What's in the box:
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR owner's manual
- 24-85mm AF-S Nikkor lens
- HB-63 Lens hood
- LC-72 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CL-1118 Soft lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty form
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Nikon F-mount|
|Lens Type||Wide to Medium Telephoto|
|Maximum Aperture||F3.5 (W) - 4.5 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/registratio|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w/registratio|
Overview: The AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm, f/3.5-4.5G ED VR is a wide angle-to-medium telephoto zoom lens, optimized for use with FX-format Nikon digital SLR cameras. It can also be used on DX-format cameras, however, the equivalent focal length is 36-136.5mm.
Construction: The Extra-low Dispersion (ED) element and three aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast even at the widest aperture settings.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC): SIC offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare.
Built-in CPU: The lens has a built-in CPU which allows it to communicate with the camera body for focus and exposure functions. A set of CPU contacts is located on the lens mount for interfacing with the camera body.
Auto Focus: Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation. The manual/auto focus mode switch allows quick response to situations requiring manual focus operation.
Zoom Control: The lens features a large, textured manual zoom ring for easy zooming control.
Vibration Reduction (VR II): Vibration reduction minimizes the effects of camera shake allowing you to shoot handheld at as many as 4 shutter speed stops slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images. VR II also includes tripod detection, which automatically recognizes when the camera is mounted to a tripod, and delivers a specialized VR correction that is ideal for HD video recording. You can turn vibration reduction on or off with the switch on the side of the lens.
Aperture: Because there is no aperture ring on this lens, the aperture must be set on the camera.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a fully-automatic, 7-blade diaphragm that produces a nearly circular aperture. Out-of-focus images in front of or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the HB-63 lens hood to protect the lens and block stray light that would otherwise cause flare or ghosting. The lens hood can be reversed and mounted on the lens when not in use. When installed, the lens hood adds approximately 2" to the overall length of the lens.
- Type of Lens: Type-G AF-S lens with built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type (F-type)
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Focal Length: 24mm to 85mm (FX-format); 36mm to 136.5mm (DX-format)
- Closest Focus Distance: 15"
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (at 24mm), f/4.5 (at 85mm)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (at 24mm), f/29 (at 85mm)
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 11 groups with 1 ED glass and 3 aspherical lens elements
- Length: 3.529" (4.122" w/lens caps)
- Diameter: 3.05"
- Weight: approximately 16.4 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.