About the Nikon KeyMission 360
Beautiful, immersive 360-degree video from Nikon
Beautiful, immersive 360-degree video from Nikon
The Nikon KeyMission 360 uses a groundbreaking design that lets you capture immersive views of your next adventure. The compact housing holds two back-to-back, razor-sharp, ultra-wide-angle NIKKOR lenses, each with its own dedicated 21-megapixel CMOS image sensor. Together, they record breathtaking 4K video of the entire scene all around you. When you watch it back later, or share it with friends, you can swipe or drag the frame to move your point of view and see the action from every angle.
Take it anywhere you want to go
The camera is plenty rugged enough to travel with you, whether your idea of a good time is a day at the beach or a mountain-climbing expedition. It's freezeproof, dustproof, and waterproof down to 33 feet. In fact, if scuba diving is your thing, just attach the included underwater lens protectors and the camera is ready to accompany you as low as 98 feet below the surface. And it's compatible with several optional mounts, so you can go hands-free and let the camera do its job while you explore.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connectivity
As soon as you shoot thrilling images and videos of your day, you'll want to be able to share. The KeyMission 360 is equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy, so you can connect with your smartphone. In fact, each image you take can be instantly transferred to your phone as you go, so you don't have to give it a second thought. When you do have time to sit down and take stock of your day, there's a micro USB port for downloading photos and videos directly to your computer, and for charging up the built-in battery. A micro HDMI connector lets you display stunning video on your compatible big screen TV, too.
- rugged, compact 4K camera records immersive 360° video
- groundbreaking design:
- dual 1.6mm f/2.0 NIKKOR lenses
- two powerful 21.14-megapixel CMOS image sensors
- shoots 23.9-megapixel still photos
- waterproof (to 33 feet), shockproof, and designed to operate in extremes of heat or cold
- waterproof down to 98 feet with included underwater lens protector
- ISO range: 100-1,600
- communicates with your smart device via Bluetooth® Low Energy
- download free SnapBridge app for real-time wireless sharing and camera control through your smartphone
- use time lapse, loop mode, and more to get creative with your footage
- compatible with a variety of optional mounts
- records to microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards
- built-in rechargeable battery offers approximately 2-1/2 hours of recording time
- micro USB port for charging and image download
- micro HDMI port for displaying videos and images on a compatible TV
- 2-5/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 2-7/16"D
- weight: 7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 26513
What's in the box:
- KeyMission 360 action camera
- EN-EL12 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.7V 1050mAh 3.9Wh)
- EH-73P Charging AC adapter (DC output: 5V 1A)
- UC-E21 USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- CF-AA1 BK Silicone Jacket
- AA-1B Base adapter
- AA-2 Flat Base Mount (attached to base adapter)
- AA-3 Curved Base Mount
- Two AA-14A Lens Protectors (installed on camera)
- Two AA-15A Underwater Lens Protectors
- AA-17 Head-mounted Display (2 cardboard pieces + 2 foam strips)
- Quick Start Guide
- Easy Start Guide
- LED Lamp Reference Guide
- For Your Safety
- Warranty Programs sheet
- Status of the Camera at the Time of Purchase
- Sharing the Mission sheet (Eng and Span)
- Instructions for Head-mounted Display
Nikon KeyMission 360 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon KeyMission 360
Features & specs
|LCD Screen Size (inches)||N|
|Total Pixel Count||21.14|
|Effective Pixel Count for Video||21.14 x 2|
|Built-in Video Light||No|
|Max Recording Time w/ Included Battery||230 shots/70min|
|Digital Still Camera Features|
|Effective Pixel Count for Stills||21.14 x 2|
|Built-in Photo Flash||No|
|Still Image Aspect Ratios||2:1|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|USB Port||Micro-B USB|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||7|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Image Sensor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Nikon KeyMission 360 is a waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, and freezeproof action camera that can record fully immersive 360° interactive videos and photos. The small, lightweight camera should be used with the supplied base adapter (to reduce the appearance of your hands in the 360° video) or the wide variety of wearable and stationary mounts. The KeyMission 360 is compatible with SnapBridge 360/170 for easy and quick uploads to your favorite social media or for sharing with your friends. The dual lens camera includes a protective silicone jacket, base adapter, adhesive base mounts, two sets of lens protectors, a head-mounted display, and a rechargeable battery.
Durability: The KeyMission 360 can withstand the extreme conditions of the outdoors, allowing you to take the camera many places you couldn't take a conventional camera.
- Waterproof: The camera has an IPX8 waterproof rating (up to 60 minutes at a depth of 30 meters/100 feet).
- Shockproof: The Key Mission 360 has passed a Nikon in-house drop test from a height of 6.5 feet onto a 2" thick plywood panel, making it compliant with the MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock standard.
- Dustproof: The camera has a JIS/IEC dustproof class 6 (IPX6) rating.
- Freezeproof: The operation of the camera has been tested at temperatures between 14°F to 104°F.
Optics: The camera is equipped with two 1.6mm NIKKOR lenses, which is equivalent to an 8.2mm lens in 35mm format. The lenses combine for a full 360° angle of view. The focus range of the lens is approximately 12" to infinity. Two pairs of interchangeable lens protectors are included in the box: the AA-14A for everyday use, and the AA-15A underwater lens protectors for shooting in or under water, or to protect the lens from accidental breakage.
Image Sensors: The dual 1/2.3" CMOS image sensors each have 12.14-million total pixels and a combined 23.9-million effective pixels.
Movie Recording: The KeyMission 360 records movies in four modes, which are selectable using the SnapBridge 360/170 app:
- Standard Movies: Movies are recorded at 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 (24p NTSC/24p PAL), Full HD 1920 x 1080 (24p/24p), and 1280 x 960 (30p/25p). High Frame rate movies (for slow motion playback) are recorded at 640 (120p/100p) and 320 (240p/200p).
- Superlapse Movies: Superlapse movies are recorded and saved in fast motion at 1280 x 960 (30p/25p). Because Superlapse movies compress the time of changes, it is recommended for shooting while moving the camera. You can choose 2x, 4x, 6x, 10x, or 15x.
- Time-lapse Movies: The camera automatically records still images at a specified interval to create a time-lapse movie. You can choose intervals of 2, 5, 10, and 30 seconds. When set to NTSC, 300 images are captured (250 images for PAL). Night Sky mode has longer exposure times at 30 second intervals, and is suitable for recording star movements.
- Loop Recording: After recording for a specified time, the camera begins recording over the beginning of the file. Loop recording is recommended for recording an event when the beginning of the event is uncertain. You can choose 5, 10, 30, or 60 minute loops.
Still Image Recording: You can record 23.9MP still images at an aspect ratio of 2:1. You can select image sizes of 7744 x 3872 or 3872 x 1936. A 10-second or 2-second Self-timer is also available for shooting still images after a short delay.
SnapBridge 360/170: The SnapBridge 360/170 app, available for iOS (8.4 or 9.1 or later) and Android (5.0 or 6.1 or later) devices, was created expressly for this camera, can establish a constant connection between the device and the camera, allowing you to control the camera remotely, and instantly view each shot on your smart device. SnapBridge 360/170 adds GPS data and a time/date stamp on your photos and videos so you can see where you've been.
Wi-Fi + Bluetooth: The KeyMission 360 can be wirelessly connected to your smart phone or tablet via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Android devices with NFC can pair by touching the device to the N-Mark on the camera's right side.
Recording Media: Videos and still images are recorded onto microSD cards, including SDHC and SDXC cards. The camera supports memory cards compliant with UHS-I. Cards with a Speed Class rating of 6 or faster are recommended for recording HD movies. When recording video at 2160/24p or 1920/24p, memory cards with a UHS Speed Class of 3 or better are recommended. No memory cards are included with the camera.
Connections: The KeyMission 360 has a high-speed Micro USB port for charging the battery and connecting the camera to your computer, using the supplied UC-E21 USB cable. A Micro HDMI (Type D) jack is provided for connecting the camera directly to an HDMI-equipped TV with a Micro HDMI-to-HDMI cable (not supplied).
Battery: The camera is powered by the EN-EL12 rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (3.7 volts, 1050 mAh, 3.9Wh). The battery completely charges in approximately 3 hours, using the supplied EH-73P Charging AC adapter and the supplied USB cable. A fully charged battery provides enough power for approximately 230 shots, or approximately 70 minutes of movie recording.
Downloadable Software: No software is included with the KeyMission 360 camera, however, you can obtain a free download of KeyMission 360/170. KeyMission 360/170 allows you to transfer images and movies to your computer for viewing and editing. KeyMission 360/170 is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1, 10, and Mac OS X v10.9.5, v10.10.5, v10.11.6. You can also use Nikon's ViewNX-i software for transferring images and movies to your computer.
Head-mounted Display: The KeyMission 360 includes the AA-17 Head-mounted Display that allows you to view immersive 360° videos on your smartphone. Once the display is assembled, you can slide a compatible smartphone into the assembly and look inside. As you look around and turn your head, the video or still image will orient itself accordingly in a manner resembling a Virtual Reality viewer.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked