About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Pair your Nikon SLR camera with this high-quality zoom lens to enjoy powerful telephoto shooting and a large, flexible zoom range. Its outstanding optical quality ensures sparkling-clear images of far-off subjects, and its ability to focus as close as 19 inches throughout its zoom range gives you amazing picture-taking versatility. The AF-S 28-300mm works with both Nikon DX and full-frame FX digital SLR cameras. You get an impressive 450mm ultra telephoto focal length when using it with a Nikon DX format digital camera, such as the D300s. With a full-frame digital camera, like Nikon's D700, you can capture creative compositions at the 28mm wide-angle setting.
Steady your hand-held shots
The lens has built-in Vibration Reduction so your photos will come out crisp in all different sorts of lighting conditions. Built-in motion sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly compensating for camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures — even in low-light conditions where slower shutter speeds and hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens.
- AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 ED VR lens
- compatible with Nikon digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 28-300mm with full-frame sensor (Nikon FX format) cameras
- 42-450mm with APS-C sensor (Nikon DX format) cameras
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- Vibration Reduction (VR II) enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower for sharper photos and video capture
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lens elements for superior optical performance
- minimum focus distance: 19.2 inches throughout entire zoom range
- rounded 9-blade diaphragm for more natural appearing out-of-focus image elements
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 19 elements in 14 groups
- attachment/filter size: 77mm
- lens is 3-1/4" in diameter, 4-13/16" long
- weight: 28.2 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft lens pouch
- MFR # 2191
What's in the box:
- 28-300mm AF-S Nikkor lens
- HB-50 lens hood
- LC-77 Snap-on front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- Soft lens pouch
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fren/Span/+ 11 other languages)
- Warranty sheet
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm, f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens is a 10.7x zoom lens, ideal for travel, landscapes, portraits, and distant subjects. It is designed for use with FX/35mm format cameras, but has been optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the angle of view is reduced and equivalent focal length becomes approximately 42-450mm (see Specifications below).
Super Integrated Coating: Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduces flare.
ED Elements: Two built-in Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest available aperture.
Aspherical Lens Elements: The lens has 3 aspherical lens elements, which virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Internal Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Nikon VR II Image Stabilization: Engineered specifically for each VR Nikkor lens, the Vibration Reduction II Image Stabilization enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. Vibration Reduction is performed through a lens-shift method using voice coil motors (VCMs). In addition, Vibration Reduction has a Normal and Active Mode switch:
- Normal Mode: The vibration reduction mechanism primarily reduces the effects of camera shake. The effects of camera shake are also reduced with horizontal and vertical panning.
- Active Mode: The vibration reduction mechanism reduces the effects of camera shake, such as that which occurs when taking pictures from a moving vehicle, whether it be normal or more intense camera shake. In this mode, camera shake is not automatically distinguished from panning motion.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 9-blade diaphragm, which renders a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-50 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 2-7/16" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
Zoom Lock: To prevent the lens from extending during transport, the Zoom Lock Switch secures the lens barrel at its minimum focal length.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S Zoom-Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 28-300mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 1.6' at all zoom positions
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22 at 28mm; f/5.6 to f/38 at 300mm
- Lens Construction: 19 elements in 14 groups with 2 ED lens elements and 3 aspherical lens elements
- Angle of View:
- FX/35mm Format: 75° to 8°-10'
- DX Format: 53° to 5°-20'
- IX240 System: 63° to 6°-30'
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.25", Length=4.791"-7.717" (w/o lens caps)
- Weight: approximately 28.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked