About the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
The Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8G lens is a great choice for everyday photography. Its large maximum aperture gathers lots of light so you can use faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. It's also perfect for shooting crystal clear photos indoors — without using a flash. And the lens' compact, lightweight design won't weigh down your camera bag.
- 35mm f/1.8 standard lens
- designed for Nikon DX SLR cameras
- 53mm effective focal length for APS-C sensor cameras
- ideal for everyday use
- minimum focus distance: 12 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- one aspherical lens element provides clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- attachment/filter size: 52mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 3" long
- weight: 7 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and soft lens case
- MFR # 2183
What's in the box:
- 35mm AF-S DX Nikkor lens
- HB-46 Lens hood
- LC-52 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CL-0913 Flexible lens pouch
- Instruction Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 9 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Nikon F-mount|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years w/registration|
Overview: This lens has a fixed focal length of 35mm; equivalent to 52.5mm when used on a Nikon digital SLR camera with an APS-C image sensor (for which this lens is specifically designed). With a maximum aperture of f/1.8, this lens works well in low-light conditions.
Built-in CPU: The lens has a built-in CPU which allows it to communicate with the camera body for focus and exposure functions. A set of CPU contacts is located on the lens mount for interfacing with the camera body.
Auto Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation. The manual/auto focus mode switch allows quick response to situations requiring manual focus operation.
Aperture: Because there is no aperture ring on this lens, the aperture must be set on the camera.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a fully-automatic, 7-blade diaphragm that produces a rounded aperture. Out-of-focus images in front of or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
Optional Accessories: Compatible optional accessories include 52mm screw-on filters; including circular polarizing filter.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Focal Length: 35mm (the 35mm equivalent is approximately 52.5mm when using a camera body with an APS-C image sensor, which this lens is designed for)
- Closest Focus Distance: 1 foot (0.3m)
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Angle of View: 44°
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups with an aspherical element
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood:
- Length: 2.993"
- Diameter: 2.857"
- With Lens Hood:
- Length: 3.475"
- Diameter: 3.040"
- Without Lens Hood:
- Weight: approximately 7 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
The Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G replaces these items
- high-performance wide-angle lens
- large maximum aperture for better low-light photography
- compatible with Nikon digital and select autofocus film SLR cameras
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked