About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G ED
A fast and compact high-resolution lens
A fast and compact high-resolution lens
Mount this fast 35mm Nikkor lens to your Nikon SLR camera and capture crystal-clear still photos and HD videos. Its large maximum aperture of f/1.8 gathers lots of light to give you a bright view through your viewfinder, plus it means you can use faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. This lens is also ideal for taking great-looking photos at twilight, or indoors without a flash. When used with a full-frame (FX) Nikon camera, this lens' 35mm focal length gives it approximately the same perspective as the human eye, making it a natural choice for all-around picture taking and movies. And its compact, lightweight design won't weigh you down during extended shooting sessions.
Nikon's world-renowned optics help this lens deliver razor-sharp images. A multi-coating minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to extra-low dispersion (ED) and aspherical glass lens elements. And Nikon's built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus very fast and nearly silent.
- AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED standard lens
- designed for Nikon full-frame (FX) digital and select autofocus film SLR cameras
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet, and precise autofocus
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame (FX) sensor digital or 35mm film cameras
- 52.5mm with Nikon DX sensor cameras
- ideal for low-light and everyday shooting
- aspherical and extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements enhance sharpness and virtually eliminate flare even when shooting at the widest aperture setting
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency for superior color saturation, contrast, and reduced flare
- full-time manual focus capability allows instant autofocus override with a twist of the focus ring
- minimum focus distance: 9.8 in.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 11 elements in 8 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7
- filter/attachment size: 58mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 3-3/16" long
- weight: 10.8 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft storage pouch
- MFR # 2215
What's in the box:
- AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED (Model 2215) lens
- LC-58 58mm Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-70 Lens hood
- CL-0915 Soft lens pouch
- User's Manual
- 5 Years of Protection warranty sheet
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G ED reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G ED
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens is a fixed focal length lens with a fast f/1.8 aperture for extreme light-gathering capability. It has been optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the angle of view is reduced to 44° and the focal length is equivalent to approximately 52.5mm in FX/35mm format (see Specifications below).
Aspherical Lens Element: The lens has one aspherical lens element, which is a lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. This reduces aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even at the widest aperture.
Rear Focusing/Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens has a rear focusing system, in which only the rear lens group moves during focusing. This means the physical length of the lens does not change during focusing. The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic vibration, rather than a gear system, to enable fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm, which can achieve beautiful bokeh with soft, natural edges that smoothly diminishes away from your focal point. The bokeh characteristics can provide smooth focusing transitions to draw attention to your subject when recording HD video.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-70 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1.75" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Focal Length: 35mm (equivalent to 52.5mm on DX-format camera)
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 9.84" (0.82')
- Focusing Method: Rear Focusing (RF) System with AutoFocus controlled by a Silent Wave Motor; Manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 8 groups with 1 ED lens element and 1 aspherical lens element
- Angle of View:
- FX/35mm Format: 63°
- DX Format: 44°
- Diaphragm Blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.831", Length=3.14" (3.741" w/lens caps)
- Weight: approximately 10.8 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked