About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 G
A go-to lens for pros and serious enthusiasts alike, this tack-sharp Nikon 35mm delivers outstanding photographic images. You get state-of-the-art color, contrast, and clarity under all kinds of lighting conditions, even shooting wide-open at f/1.4. Its moderate wide-angle capability makes it ideal for wedding photography and interiors, as well as recording vibrant landscapes or just great all-around shooting. The lens's large maximum aperture lets you capture photos with sharply focused subjects against a meltingly smooth blurred background. That large aperture also allows faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects — perfect for shooting crystal-clear photos indoors without a flash. Nikon's high-quality glass and Super Integrated Coating ensure superior results.
- AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G lens
- compatible with Nikon digital and select autofocus film SLR cameras
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet autofocusing
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame (FX) sensor digital or 35mm film cameras
- 52.5mm with Nikon DX sensor cameras
- minimum focus distance: 0.98 ft.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders smoother, more natural background blur
- aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations even when shooting at the widest aperture setting
- lens construction: 10 elements in 7 groups
- filter/attachment size: 67mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 3-15/16" long
- weight: 21.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (5 years with product registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
- soft lens case
- MFR # 2198
What's in the box:
- AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G lens
- LC-67 Snap-on front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-59 Bayonet lens hood
- CL-1118 Soft Case
- User's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 13 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 G
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G lens is a fixed focal length lens with a natural wide angle view, and a fast f/1.4 aperture for extreme light-gathering capability. It has been optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the angle of view is reduced and equivalent to the focal length of approximately 52.5mm in FX/35mm format (see Specifications below). The lens is suitable for landscapes, night scenes, interiors, weddings, photojournalism, and astrophotography.
Nano Crystal Coat: Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
Aspherical Lens Element: The lens has one aspherical lens element, which virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Rear Focus: Rear Focus (RF) provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 9-blade diaphragm, which renders a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-59 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1-3/16" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Focal Length: 35mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 11.76" (0.98')
- Focusing Method: Rear focusing (RF) system, AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Lens Construction: 10 elements in 7 groups with 1 aspherical lens element, and some Nano Crystal Coat-deposited lens elements
- Angle of View:
- FX/35mm Format: 63°
- DX Format: 44°
- IX240 System: 52°
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.252", Length=3.891" (4.452" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 21.2 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.