About the Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G
A collectible for your collectibles
A collectible for your collectibles
It's taken you the better part of your life so far to assemble that collection of cobalt-blue antique glass bottles. Now's the time to document them with a lens that's made to feature every detail of your collection. The wide, 7-bladed aperture will isolate the focus squarely on the details you'd like and knock the background to a pleasing, feathery blur.
This lens is perfect for taking rich, high-resolution images of food, flowers, insects, and textures; but dial the focus towards more distant objects and more pleasant surprises are in store. This lens has the ideal focal length for general portrait and landscape photography as well. The ultra-quiet, fast auto-focus will make sure your pictures are tack-sharp. Plus, you'll find this lens's versatility brings presence and dimension to your video as well.
- 40mm f/2.8 standard lens
- compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 60mm with Nikon DX sensor cameras
- does not work with full-frame digital or 35mm film cameras
- ideal for close-ups and everyday use
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- minimum focus distance: 6.4 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating for superior color saturation and reduced lens flare
- attachment/filter size: 52mm
- lens is 2-13/16" in diameter, 2-7/8" long
- weight: 8.3 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2200
What's in the box:
- AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 G lens
- LC-52 Lens cap (52mm)
- LF-4 F mount rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-61 Lens hood
- CL-0915 Flexible lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G
Overview: The Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G lens is a fixed focal length lens with a natural wide angle view, and a f/2.8 aperture. It is ideal for general close-ups, delicate flowers, detailed collectibles, copy photography, portraits, and landscapes.
Super Integrated Coating: Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Focus Limit Switch: In addition to the Focus Mode Switch, the lens has a 2-way Focus Limit Switch, which determines the focus distance limits for autofocus. You can select "Full" for subjects that may be closer than 0.7' (8.4"), or Infinity-0.2m if the subject will always be at the distance of at least 0.7'.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-61 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1-3/4" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S DX Micro Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Focal Length: 40mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 6.4" (0.53')
- Focusing Method: AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Lens Construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Angle of View: 38° 50'
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.851", Length=2.803" (3.478" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 8.3 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked