About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Mount this fast 50mm Nikkor lens to your Nikon SLR camera and capture sharp, crystal-clear images. Its large maximum aperture of f/1.8 gathers lots of light to give you a bright view through your viewfinder, plus it means you can use faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. This lens is also ideal for taking great-looking photos at twilight, or indoors without a flash — its 50mm focal length makes it an excellent choice for portraits and all-around picture taking. And its compact, lightweight design won't weigh you down during extended shooting sessions.
- AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G standard lens
- compatible with Nikon digital and select autofocus film SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 50mm with full-frame (FX) sensor digital or 35mm film cameras
- 75mm with Nikon DX sensor cameras
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet autofocusing
- ideal for portraiture, low-light, and everyday shooting
- aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations even when shooting at the widest aperture setting
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency for superior color consistency and reduced flare
- full-time manual focus capability allows instant autofocus override with a twist of the focus ring
- minimum focus distance: 18 in.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded)
- filter/attachment size: 58mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 2-7/16" long
- weight: 6.6 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft storage pouch
- MFR # 2199
What's in the box:
- AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens
- LC-58 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-47 Lens hood
- CL-1013 Flexible lens pouch
- User's Manual (Eng/Fren/Span/ + 16 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Overview: The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens is a fixed focal length lens with a natural wide angle view, and a fast f/1.8 aperture. It has been optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs. When mounted on a DX-format camera, the angle of view is reduced and equivalent to the focal length of approximately 75mm in FX/35mm format (see Specifications below). The lens is suitable for everyday shooting of landscapes, night scenes, interiors, weddings, photojournalism, and astro-photography.
Super Integrated Coating: Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
Aspherical Lens Element: The lens has one aspherical lens element, which virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 7-blade diaphragm.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-59 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1-3/16" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Type of Lens: Type G AF-S Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon F-bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Closest Focus Distance: 1.48' (0.45m)
- Focusing Method: AutoFocus using a Silent Wave Motor, manually by a separate focus ring
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 6 groups with 1 aspherical lens element
- Angle of View:
- FX/35mm Format: 47°
- DX Format: 31° 30'
- IX240 System: 38°
- Dimensions: Diameter=2.833", Length=2.389" (3" w/caps)
- Weight: approximately 6.6 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked